Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:16 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,528,829 times

Advertisements

I think it IS important because not only have they shown a disrespect for human life but they even show a disrespect for the dead.

It reminds me of beheadings when the victors went around with the heads displayed on poles. Barbaric and uncivilized.

None of this seems like the actions of civilized people If you visit one of the former concentration camps you might feel different.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:42 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,020,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think it IS important because not only have they shown a disrespect for human life but they even show a disrespect for the dead.

My point was that if you have already crossed the moral line into acceptable extermination of innocents, that you would also mistreat the corpses isn't really the problem. It isn't as though the Nazis would be rehabilitated or made less cruel and shocking had they not exploited the dead bodies.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 PM

10,034 posts, read 17,976,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
My point was that if you have already crossed the moral line into acceptable extermination of innocents, that you would also mistreat the corpses isn't really the problem. It isn't as though the Nazis would be rehabilitated or made less cruel and shocking had they not exploited the dead bodies.
^^^ This.

I am also really curious as to why the newbie OP felt the need to pose such a question in the way he/she did, as if somehow Nazi atrocities are just as likely to be propaganda. (And then he/she chastises long-time posters to please stick to his/her bizarre question.) We've had enough Holocaust denial threads here (most of which have been closed very quickly, as they should be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History