Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 PM

821 posts, read 1,097,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
This is the first time I ever heard that about Churchill. As far as Hitler or Stalin, I would probably pick Hitler with the tiebreaker being all the other countries he invaded. He also made speeches about taking over the world for the Aryans. I don't recall Stalin invading other countries or talk about world domination.
Stalin didn't take over other countries. Is this a sick joke? Perhaps you don't know of the UTTER HORROR that befell Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, and Poland when the Soviets invaded.

The Soviet Union invaded Poland from the East.

And you are the one telling me to do more research.

Why don't you read the book Latvia: Year of Horror and tell me there wasn't an invasion.

No talk about world domination? HAHAAH! You're killing me. Why don't you tell that to the Croats, Poles, Serbs, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Romanians, and so on who had to endure Soviet communism for 50 years!
You get funnier and funnier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 PM

1,161 posts, read 2,437,737 times
The Danzig-Bromberg massacre?

Oh, you mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1939)

The "massacre" that happened after Germany invaded Poland, when Germans in an ethnic German village shot at retreating Polish soldiers?

Your claim that 58k were killed is highly suspect. Actually when I googled it I could only find references to it on websites such as err... the white "pride" Stormfront forum and others of that ilk. Even on those forum (I must wash my hands now, I felt disgusted just opening those links), posters admitted that the 58K figure had no credible origins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Oh yeah, well there's a flipside to that: if it weren't for the Nazis, communism would engulfed ALL of Europe, and even more millions of White people, and later on Asians, and Blacks, would have been hanged, machine gunned, worked to death in forced labor camps, tortured, and starved to death!

The Poles, influenced by their foolishly nationalistic leadership and goaded on by Britain and France, instigated World War II, not the Germans. In the Danzig-Bromberg Massacres, savage Poles roasted 58,000 Germans despite Hitler's pleas for peace with the Polish government and the League of Nations. Hitler held a memorial service for Josef Pilsudski's death and wanted to team up with the man in an effort to go to war with the Soviet Union.

There are TONS of lies about Hitler, WW II, and the Nazis!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:20 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,727,806 times
Hitler or Stalin ?

That is like arguing which form of terminal cancer is worse.

The answer to the cancer question would be the type that affected you.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM

2,220 posts, read 3,859,619 times
At times like this-when dealing with someone like Cerebrator-a saying comes to mind. "You can't enlighten the unconscious."

Cerebrator should feel free to use it in reference to me; as I am surely using it in reference to him.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybalt View Post
The Danzig-Bromberg massacre?

Oh, you mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1939)

The "massacre" that happened after Germany invaded Poland, when Germans in an ethnic German village shot at retreating Polish soldiers?

Your claim that 58k were killed is highly suspect. Actually when I googled it I could only find references to it on websites such as err... the white "pride" Stormfront forum and others of that ilk. Even on those forum (I must wash my hands now, I felt disgusted just opening those links), posters admitted that the 58K figure had no credible origins.
Nope, more like Germans in the Danzig Corridor being persecuted and slaughtered by Poles BEFORE WW II.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,165,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Stalin didn't take over other countries. Is this a sick joke? Perhaps you don't know of the UTTER HORROR that befell Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, and Poland when the Soviets invaded.

The Soviet Union invaded Poland from the East.

And you are the one telling me to do more research.

Why don't you read the book Latvia: Year of Horror and tell me there wasn't an invasion.

No talk about world domination? HAHAAH! You're killing me. Why don't you tell that to the Croats, Poles, Serbs, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Romanians, and so on who had to endure Soviet communism for 50 years!
You get funnier and funnier.
That is hardly the world. That is basically eastern Europe.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,165,329 times
Everyone believes both Hitler and Stalin were evil and their actions are indefensible with the exception of Cerebrator who defends Hitler. Celebrator's 58,000 casualty number is just not accurate regarding Danzig-Bromberg.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 PM

You wrote: "I don't recall Stalin invading other countries or talk about world domination."

Those countries I listed are "other countries".

And where did Hitler ever even speak of world domination?! Funny considering that he wanted an end to colonialism in some parts of the world.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:16 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,012,076 times
Suppose it was actually possible to make this determination. Suppose, against all odds, some astonishingly persuasive argument is presented and everyone participating in the thread agrees that there is no doubt that one was worse than the other. So now we have winner and the runner up.

Then what?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,204,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I think when you get over a certain number of deaths, "worse" becomes an inanity.
Yes, I'd say that's the most sound logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History