Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 07:51 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,702,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Nebraska Native View Post
No. If Obama was stupid enough ]
Would the same thing apply if Bush, or Clinton, or Romney, or McCain, or Cruz, or Paul, or Christie were stupid enough?

Godwiin's Second Law (as amended): "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1, but mentions Obama along the way."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 10:33 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,597,625 times
You know come to think of it if there is global war (terrible but it's a prospect with some probability) I do hope the US and the West( I figure a coalition would be necessary) win decisively as the Allies crushed the Axis and the German Reuch.

Russia and China don't exactly give me confidence in how they represent their 'row' in international relations with Russia swiping territory and China, not happy with their real estate , figuring they have to ship in silt to build new islands in contested seas. Like recalcitrant children sneaking into cookie jars.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM

447 posts, read 730,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Nebraska Native View Post
No. If Obama was stupid enough to attack Russia, Russia would respond with its entire nuclear arsenal. The US would be sent back to the stone age. Most of humanity would probably die off in the resulting nuclear winter and radiation sickness. It would be like Earth went back 500 years in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzB7ksdFNXo

Uh you seem to forget the US also has more then enough nukes to send Russia past the stone age. Ron

Old 06-25-2014, 02:33 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,116,874 times
US could be defeated not on the battlefield but in a sea. US depend on import. If Russia starts a submarine war then US will be faced with severe problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why not look up "Archangel". the USA already fought Russia during the 1st world war.
Russia and US were allies in WWI.

Last edited by Atai J.; 06-25-2014 at 02:41 AM..

Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,136,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Godwiin's Second Law (as amended): "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1, but mentions Obama along the way."
If it's true, it's true.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I think Eastern Europe could provide much needed manpower to help us in a war with Russia. They have old scores to settle with Russia, especially the Baltic States, whom I admire for the quality education they provide for their children. They should be allowed to expand to the east. There would need to be another front in Kamchatka to secure the peninsula and prevent the Chinese from taking it. However, China has interest in taking parts of Siberia, and that's a good thing, as we will be herding the Soviet masses into Siberia, and want China to finish them off. Sarah Palin will govern Kamchatka after it becomes US territory.

On the homefront, we cannot tolerate war protesters or any of that hippy stuff while we we carry on the great battle with Russia. Fox News will be the only news outlet permitted to cover the war in Russia. We may need to borrow ideas from WW2 to hold things together at home, until the war is over. I would advocate the internment of Russian Americans into concentration camps along with others that are disloyal. We should expand Guantanamo Bay for interrogation of Russian POW's. I know this sounds harsh, but hear me out. We will use Japanese Americans to run the concentration camps, as this will bring honor to them for what we did to them in WW2. Then in the NEXT war, we will let Russian Americans run the concentration camps.

Look at the quality education in Latvia, I want them working for Uncle Sam.
It looks like Third Reich v. 2.0.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I have been working on a blitzkrieg like plan for the American invasion, restructure and permanent occupation of Russia, a plan that will have us becoming Europe's new gas man within 5 years. A war of this magnitude must be fought with reckless abandon regarding the normal rules of warfare, rules Americans have played by in past must be cast away to win this great battle, the conquering of mother Russia.

First we must begin a propaganda campaign for the American public, to condition them for war (not too hard really) and begin recruitment for the armed forces. Recruiting has been a hard sell in the past, but this time we are going to do it different. We are going to give the American fighting soldier a piece of the action, right up front we are going to offer the soldiers land, percentages of future oil and gas production, let them ship war booty back home to the USA with no questions asked. We are going to give incentive to recruit millions of Americans and enemies of Russia to break the hammer and sickle once and for all. Russia has plenty for all.

First we will bomb the hell out of everything they've got, using all the force projection described earlier in the thread with our Protruding American Bulges. We will convert from ethanol production to vodka production and airdrop millions of gallons over populated areas of Russia, while at the same time, we give smaller rations of Vodka to our troops to help keep the fighting spirit going. We will kill anything we see until the job is done and the enemy has surrendered. Those remaining will be sent to Siberia or used as cheap labor to build new infrastructure suitable for the new American colonists. Our fighting men will live like kings for the rest of their lives, off the corpse of the red bear.

We will get every American on the same page like we did in WW2, with full corporate backing in every way possible, using the power of capitalism to motivate in the most extreme way possible.

Who will be the first to endorse my plan of conquest?
Cool. But what if US will be defeated? Can you imagine what Russia will do with US after US soldiers killed russian civilians? Do you want to risk?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:05 AM

6,105 posts, read 5,971,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 383man View Post
Uh you seem to forget the US also has more then enough nukes to send Russia past the stone age. Ron

The 4 Trident missile boats we keep at sea at all times would ensure the complete destruction of evey part of the Russian Federation to the point it would unlikely to recover and form a new nation under Russian control.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM

3,318 posts, read 4,108,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Cool. But what if US will be defeated? Can you imagine what Russia will do with US after US soldiers killed russian civilians? Do you want to risk?
You forgot to quote my post about Reagangrad and Americans on the move, draining the fish eggs out of Stalin ect. I just felt I owed it to the thread to try and come up with something fun that might work for a conventional war. I had a more measured response earlier in the thread, but did not feel I was doing my best to answer the OP's question. Unfortunately they have nukes and we can't invade, so we would have to nuke them first on a massive scale to win a war with Russia. If we only had a way to disable all their nukes, then I would be in favor of invasion and colonization via my 5 year plan , it would keep the world's economy (especially ours) humming for the next 100 years, and eliminate the very dangerous and unpredictable Russian Federation. If they team up with China and pool manpower and resources, the world will be at their mercy someday.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
You forgot to quote my post about Reagangrad and Americans on the move, draining the fish eggs out of Stalin ect. I just felt I owed it to the thread to try and come up with something fun that might work for a conventional war. I had a more measured response earlier in the thread, but did not feel I was doing my best to answer the OP's question. Unfortunately they have nukes and we can't invade, so we would have to nuke them first on a massive scale to win a war with Russia. If we only had a way to disable all their nukes, then I would be in favor of invasion and colonization via my 5 year plan , it would keep the world's economy (especially ours) humming for the next 100 years, and eliminate the very dangerous and unpredictable Russian Federation. If they team up with China and pool manpower and resources, the world will be at their mercy someday.
What the purpose of your plan? Do you really believe Russia threatens US? Russia doesn't have military bases in Canada or Mexico. And at the mean time there is american presence in Eastern Europe, Middle East and Central Asia. American military budget is $526 800 000 000 and for comparison Russian military budget is $71 200 780,000. So which of these countries threaten each other more - Russia or US?
I want to ask you once again, what the purpose of your plan? Why US and Russia can't live in peace together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History