Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 06:33 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,398,067 times

Advertisements

Too many blabber mouths in the USA, so winning a war with Russia would be much more difficult than WWII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,702,293 times
Given that the US has been involved in almost every war in the world since WWII and has won only one of them (Grenada), I wouldn't care much for the chances. But then the Russians haven't won any, either. Oh, wait, we whiipped the Panama City Police Department, too, and they even had the Meter Maids on their side

Why is there suddenly all this war talk about the US and Russia? I wonder, when Rick Perry said he was thinking about seceding Texas, how the Americans would have responded if Putin started talking about what the Russians would need to do in order to restore stability and assure human rights in disputed areas of North America, it being in Russia's interests to do so.

Last edited by jtur88; 03-20-2014 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-20-2014, 07:41 PM

28,597 posts, read 18,629,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why is there suddenly all this war talk about the US and Russia? I wonder, when Rick Perry said he was thinking about seceding Texas, how the Americans would have responded if Putin started talking about what the Russians would need to do in order to restore stability and assure human rights in disputed areas of North America, it being in Russia's interests to do so.
No, Rick Perry denied any thought of secession. Other people who weren't responsible for anything talked about it. Perry said, "No."

Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Too many blabber mouths in the USA, so winning a war with Russia would be much more difficult than WWII.
Nah, nobody who really knows anything about the current situation is talking about it.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM

8,875 posts, read 6,182,335 times
This is a very interesting hypothetical topic. Factoring in all elements (economies, geography, leadership, weaponry etc.) I would give the edge to the United States. However if we are talking conventional combat I would give the edge to the Russians. The Russian men remain strong, tough and mean whereas American men are not what they used to be. The growing trends of feminism, metrosexualism and gayness have reduced the overall toughness of the American male population. In hand to hand combat situations I think the typical Russian soldier would pulverize the typical American soldier in this day and age. If I was betting on fights between Russian and American men, I would put my money on the Russians every time.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
This is a very interesting hypothetical topic. Factoring in all elements (economies, geography, leadership, weaponry etc.) I would give the edge to the United States. However if we are talking conventional combat I would give the edge to the Russians. The Russian men remain strong, tough and mean whereas American men are not what they used to be. The growing trends of feminism, metrosexualism and gayness have reduced the overall toughness of the American male population. In hand to hand combat situations I think the typical Russian soldier would pulverize the typical American soldier in this day and age. If I was betting on fights between Russian and American men, I would put my money on the Russians every time.
That's where missiles and drones come into play. Did you know we have artillery projectiles that travel to a certain altitude, uses a camera to scan the ballistic point of impact, determines whether the target is armor or personnel, and reshapes its charge accordingly--all in milliseconds?

The US doesn't plan to do "hand-to-hand," and as long as the objective is not to hold territory (I can't see why that would be the objective) the US won't have to do any "hand to hand."

Even in that case, "operations wins battles, logistics wins wars." Russian logistics is no better than it's ever been, the US is no worse than it's ever been.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 PM

18,881 posts, read 27,334,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Napoleon failed
Hitler failed

Obama? Haha

Well, well, well...

EVERYONE failed and for almost 600 years. MANY tried. NO ONE ever conquered them. As even Mongols never really conquered ENTIRE country.
I am greatly enjoying bs stipulations on "no match" and "projecting". You boys and girls have no idea. It's just hilarious. Go for it, get your militaries spanked, like they already were in 1918. Oh, sorry, I forgot, YOU won the WW2. Surrrrrrrrrrrrrre.....
Btw, they don't really need to "project" anything. They'll simply cross Bering straight and walk into Canada and USA. And one thing you do NOT know about them. You simply tell them it's all free for taking.... Oh gods....

Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM

596 posts, read 978,997 times
Quote:

If American soldiers invade Russia, Russian soldiers crush them like grapes. Russian men are so tough that they can play in sauna and in no way it diminishes their masculinity.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 PM

8,875 posts, read 6,182,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's where missiles and drones come into play. Did you know we have artillery projectiles that travel to a certain altitude, uses a camera to scan the ballistic point of impact, determines whether the target is armor or personnel, and reshapes its charge accordingly--all in milliseconds?

The US doesn't plan to do "hand-to-hand," and as long as the objective is not to hold territory (I can't see why that would be the objective) the US won't have to do any "hand to hand."

Even in that case, "operations wins battles, logistics wins wars." Russian logistics is no better than it's ever been, the US is no worse than it's ever been.
I certainly agree with you. My comments about the hand to hand combat were just driving home my view that the emphasis of female values over traditional male values in the United States could result in severe consequences. Technology and logistics certainly give the U.S. a tremendous advantage over the Russians in a war even if political leadership happens to be weak.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 PM

161 posts, read 272,725 times
Quote:

If the American soldier tries to be tough, he is brought up for court martial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History