Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
My parents are Haitian.

The whites and mulattoes in Haitian are the wealthiest group in the nation and a mulattois currently the president.

Racial tension? There is none of that in Haiti currently.

The white massacre like most places was due to slavery.
The French/Europeans enslaved the Africans/Haitians. Then the Haitians revolted and overthrew the French. Why are so many on this thread implying that it was the ex-slaves who were in the wrong here?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,659,569 times
Quote:
It wasn't a racist event at all whatsoever. It was slaves attacking their rulers. Seems justified to me. Other then the 1804 massacre not one person on this forum can show an event where Haitians used racial ruling to govern it's country.

In fact Amexamder petion, one of Haitians founding fathers supported the whites and mulattoes being in the country.

Alexandre Pétion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course. However, the motive here is again to expose, as much as possible, the threat to whites from blacks to try and try to create some "balance" between the historical threat to blacks from whites. A lot of people are desperate to make what whites have done wrong something blacks do wrong just as much. However, these same people are hell bent on making black wrongs endemic to black people. In other words, you will not see them trying to equalize wrongs that black do by bringing up whites who do the same things. They want it to be a "black thing"....while not willing wanting racism to be a "white thing".

Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Haiti's problems are definitely related to their difficult history.

The United States had opportunities to really help very early in their history, but didn't. Having a black republic in this hemisphere was unfathomable at the time to a nation as committed to slavery as ours was. And when we finally decided to do something to help (a few centuries later) it was too late.
Then why is Barbados in pretty good shape?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:33 AM

If anything -- Haiti is in bad shape today because if idiots like Bill Clinton doing his nation building there.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There wasn't a bloody revolution of slaves that overthrew the British on that island.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,354,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You def know more about French history than me. I was looking at just Haiti and the DR since both are on the same island and MOST of the people in both places ARE "Black" but the DR is doing much better.
Haiti's misfortune is due to corrupt politics. Nothing more to it. Blaming the people who reside in the nation is rather premature since most American people do not even have no type of control in their own government.

Just bashing Haiti to hide their ethnic hate, but like I said I don't blame the
. I blame the bias American media who is allowed to bash countries they have no relationship with and glorify countries that it has relationships with.

The American media doesn't know what's poor or rich, they just know who is the friend. Sadly they pass it down to their citizens who believe the nonsense.

Not me, I tend to do independent research on my topics, rather than let any Americans tell me the "answers".

Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There wasn't a bloody revolution of slaves that overthrew the British on that island.
Maybe it works better when you don't overthrow then?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM

But then again -- we overthrew the British --- and we're not like Haiti.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,354,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
As said before many of the french colonies are failures in today's world. Barbados....British totally different scenario.

Do your own research first before you ask silly questions.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
As said before many of the french colonies are failures in today's world. Barbados....British totally different scenario.

Do your own research first before you ask silly questions.
Actually that's kind of where I was going --- it's good to be an English speaking former colony of the British --- the USA, Canada, Barbados, Australia, etc.

It's not so good to be a Spanish or French speaking former colony of Spain or France. Barbados has the third highest standard of living in this hemisphere -- after the USA and Canada. It's an English speaking nation with first world culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.