Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGMO View Post
Certain European nations are selling their fellow European to the "highest bidder" as well. European trafficking and their black market is the biggest and most lucrative in the world. The poverty and corruption of European nations just isn't shoved down Americans throats via western media like Africa poverty and corruption is.
You are right, like I said it is not a race issue because it has no boundaries. It is a human issue and has affected all colors and cultures since the dawn of mankind.

Some people can recognize this, while others are only on these slavery threads to place blame and attempt to shine a spotlight on the "evil white man." You tell me, who is the real racist?

I personally do see the poverty and corruption of all countries in our media. I also see obscene amounts of dollars and media directed towards Africa on a humanitarian level. Non stop stories about money, food, water, education, and medical supplies being sent into that country to help people.

I guess you only see what you choose to focus on.

I'm not even sure why we need another separate thread for this topic, when another thread is already filling up.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
There is another factor in the term "white slave owner". There are white slaves in our country today. They are bought sold and trafficked. Their "owners" can be of any race. Some states are passing laws establishing these slaves as victims rather than criminals who get arrested for prostitution. Some of them are exported to the Middle East in containers along with stolen SUVs and 4WD pickups.

Keep an eye on your kids. Know who they associate with. Exercise some tough love because if they stray over the line you may never see them again. It happens.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:01 PM

112 posts, read 130,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
over 70% of black children being raised without fathers
At least part of this could be tracked back to the extremely patriarchal marriage system in west Africa. Segregation in the genders, much rivalry between the males, a series of female mother figures in the household but rarely direct paternal interaction with the children. Those ideals were passed down thru the centuries. Perhaps it related back to slavery as well. I suppose no one wants to talk about that?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:01 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
According to John Hope Franklin only 5% of the white population owned slaves, why poor whites went to war for them is another subject. It has always been a given that the inhabitants of Africa traded slaves for trade goods. The big question is why such an out dated system was transported to the new world. How many other customs from the dark continent would they think was neat. It would be like female genitalia mutilation catching on among the wealthy today.

It wasn't White people per ce, but the upper class, big business, and the powerful who paid the church to forgive them and rewarded politicians to create laws to make this inhumanity profitable. Why place blame and make hollow indictments against bags of bones long resting under the earth when flesh and blood today continue the practice of paying off the church and rewarding politicians for making inhumane acts a matter of policy.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
If you think "some" of that hate and bigotry hasn't been passed down, you're kidding yourself. The U.S. is still deeply racist against Non-Whites.
Luckily "Non-whites" are quickly becoming a majority. Perhaps as the numbers grow you will see some of that "hate and bigotry" disappear...from white people, only to be replaced by the same in the nonwhites towards their previous "oppressors". But of course, you know, it's only white people, not humans, who engage in "hate and bigotry"

Last edited by Imnotatrolldamnyou; 07-10-2014 at 04:18 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
According to John Hope Franklin only 5% of the white population owned slaves, why poor whites went to war for them is another subject. It has always been a given that the inhabitants of Africa traded slaves for trade goods. The big question is why such an out dated system was transported to the new world. How many other customs from the dark continent would they think was neat. It would be like female genitalia mutilation catching on among the wealthy today.

It wasn't White people per ce, but the upper class, big business, and the powerful who paid the church to forgive them and rewarded politicians to create laws to make this inhumanity profitable. Why place blame and make hollow indictments against bags of bones long resting under the earth when flesh and blood today continue the practice of paying off the church and rewarding politicians for making inhumane acts a matter of policy.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-10-2014, 04:20 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post

It wasn't White people per se, but the upper class, big business, and the powerful who paid the church to forgive them and rewarded politicians to create laws to make this inhumanity profitable. Why place blame and make hollow indictments against bags of bones long resting under the earth when flesh and blood today continue the practice of paying off the church and rewarding politicians for making inhumane acts a matter of policy.
Now, there are a couple of points. Why, as well, are people who are disadvantaged by the policies of the "the upper class, big business, and the powerful who paid the church to forgive them and rewarded politicians to create laws to make this inhumanity profitable" still willing to support them?

It's still worth studying why they supported a system that was designed against them to find out why they still do so. And, yes, I'm talking about the direct descendents of those people.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:22 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Certain European nations are selling their fellow European to the "highest bidder" as well. European trafficking and their black market is the biggest and most lucrative in the world. The poverty and corruption of European nations just isn't shoved down Americans throats via western media like Africa poverty and corruption is.
I don't know if anyone set you straight on this yet but I need to respond because I am beginning to notice a pattern of disinformation on your part. I don't know if you are being deliberately dishonest or whether you are poorly educated on your subject.

I am reading your posts carefully and will be fact checking you because I care about what you have to say.

How about you start researching before you make such blatantly wrong statements and do us, and especially yourself, a favor?

This comes from the Atlantic magazine and has become a bit scrambled in the transfer process. But you get the idea- - -

A Fascinating Map of the Worst Countries for Modern Slavery

China, Russia, and Uzbekistan are among the countries that face sanctions for their lack of progress on human trafficking.
Olga KhazanJun 20 2013, 10:10 AM ET

China, Russia, and Uzbekistan have been named among the worst offenders when it comes to human trafficking, according to a [scribd]148788611[/scribd]State Department[/url] report released Wednesday, joining Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, and Zimbabwe on the bottom "tier" of the U.S. human trafficking rank.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Now, there are a couple of points. Why, as well, are people who are disadvantaged by the policies of the "the upper class, big business, and the powerful who paid the church to forgive them and rewarded politicians to create laws to make this inhumanity profitable" still willing to support them?

It's still worth studying why they supported a system that was designed against them to find out why they still do so. And, yes, I'm talking about the direct descendants of those people.
It might have been land the bounties that were passed out for government service. If you accumulated enough land you could leverage it for slaves and start your climb into the 5%. Capitalism proved to be a better carrot and stick. IMO Wealth can be the apology we make for our own immorality.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:32 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Quote:
A few?? Over half of the White people who lived in the U.S. had African slaves, for the Whites who didn't have slaves it wasn't out of some sense of morality, but most likely because they couldn't afford to purchase slaves. If you think "some" of that hate and bigotry hasn't been passed down, you're kidding yourself. The U.S. is still deeply racist against Non-Whites.
The more you post, the more obvious it is how little you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History