Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:28 AM

13,579 posts, read 15,571,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Genetically, they were 90% identical to Egyptians today.
I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 03:43 AM

4,655 posts, read 4,100,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I disagree.
Then post your evidence. It is not a matter of agreement of disagreement. I have posted a preponderance of evidence. If you disagree, then defeat me in debate and presentation of evidence.

Almost universally those who disagree are deranged Afrocentrists. I have already disproved the black Egypt nonsense on a dozen or so threads...if you want to do it all again, then post what you have.

The Egyptians are the same people that they have always have been, except a little darker due to the Arab slave trade.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,745,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Anyone into the theory that there was a lost civilization 10,000-30,000 years before the Egyptians that built the pyramids and the egyptians simply found/uncovered them?

Forget the guy's name
I think the theory stems from what appears to be weathering patterns caused by rain on the Sphinx -- indicating that the Sphinx was built in a era when it rained in that region (circa 12,000 years ago or so). Maybe the Sphinx itself is a lot older than the pyramids, and maybe there existed some other type of structure where the Giza pyramids stand today. Anyway, if such a civilization did exist, I believe that they are related to modern-day Berbers or their precursors. They were probably these people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechta-Afalou

Old 05-25-2015, 06:15 PM

88,272 posts, read 84,241,780 times
I had a pretty thorough Sunday School upbringing, and I never once heard the claim that Hebrew slaves had built the pyramids.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 PM

4,175 posts, read 4,418,765 times
More interesting is that there are hundreds of ancient pyramids (of varying sizes some still quite large) over planet earth and they correlate to ley lines which indicates many were built by someone with higher understanding of the earth's geo- spatial relationship and innate magnetic forces.

I think the person someone mentioned earlier is Alexander Sitchin. not quite regarded highly in the academic community but interesting nonetheless to provide alternate theories. There is also theory the pyramids in Egypt were actually some form of 'power plant'. Been some time since I read many of these books but here's condensed version from what I recall.

The earth takes approximately 25,920 years to have a complete zodiac turn. This corresponds to the wobble of the earth and why we reference being in different 'ages' i.e the Age of Aquarius. The importance of this was that the sphinx has been thought to originally been a lion face that the Egyptian cultures reworked to the pharaoh appearance. It would correspond by back dating the constellation revolution to be facing Leo at dawn. Hence the 'Lion/sphinx' being done approximately 10,000 years earlier (also corrosion studies related to moisture/climactic conditions).

The great pyramids of Egypt at Giza were a "terra firma representation" of Orions belt in relation to the Milky Way whereby:
The Nile = Milky Way
Pyramids = the stars representing Orion's belt

The extreme objection to comprehensive underground radar studies (I am not certain if this has changed) and other archeological searches of the pyramids by current Egyptian political entities to preserve their current narrative seems counter intuitive to someone wanting to find the truth of their origin. (i.e. what is beneath the Sphinx)

This happens a lot in ancient history studies since each 'group' seems to have reasons to hold onto a narrative for political reasons. The Kennewick man discovery in Washington state being a good example. Another fascinating one is the ancient copper mines from surface of upper Michigan regions likely done by ancient Phoenicians. It gets to the whole, 'who discovered what when' and who can claim being 'first'. Scientific discovery and research has been sacrificed on the alter of political / economic reasons throughout history.

And no, Charlton Heston and John Derek didn't build them. Though a large sculpture of Debra Paget would be a thing of beauty.

Another name for those interested: Immanuel Velikovsky, Worlds In Collision
A good book to read is Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophe, by Firestone, West, Warwick-Smith. This deals with scientific research into a comet striking earth about 10,000 years ago.

Last edited by ciceropolo; 05-25-2015 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: additional

Old 05-25-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I think the theory stems from what appears to be weathering patterns caused by rain on the Sphinx -- indicating that the Sphinx was built in a era when it rained in that region (circa 12,000 years ago or so). Maybe the Sphinx itself is a lot older than the pyramids, and maybe there existed some other type of structure where the Giza pyramids stand today. Anyway, if such a civilization did exist, I believe that they are related to modern-day Berbers or their precursors. They were probably these people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechta-Afalou
This is all bunk. One geologist (Robert Shock by name) who works with cranks like Graeme Hancock proposed that the weathering indicates an older age for the Sphinx. The proposal was widely rejected by the geological community, who instantly came up with other explanations for the weathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
More interesting is that there are hundreds of ancient pyramids (of varying sizes some still quite large) over planet earth and they correlate to ley lines which indicates many were built by someone with higher understanding of the earth's geo- spatial relationship and innate magnetic forces.

I think the person someone mentioned earlier is Alexander Sitchin. not quite regarded highly in the academic community but interesting nonetheless to provide alternate theories. There is also theory the pyramids in Egypt were actually some form of 'power plant'. Been some time since I read many of these books but here's condensed version from what I recall.

The earth takes approximately 25,920 years to have a complete zodiac turn. This corresponds to the wobble of the earth and why we reference being in different 'ages' i.e the Age of Aquarius. The importance of this was that the sphinx has been thought to originally been a lion face that the Egyptian cultures reworked to the pharaoh appearance. It would correspond by back dating the constellation revolution to be facing Leo at dawn. Hence the 'Lion/sphinx' being done approximately 10,000 years earlier (also corrosion studies related to moisture/climactic conditions).

The great pyramids of Egypt at Giza were a "terra firma representation" of Orions belt in relation to the Milky Way whereby:
The Nile = Milky Way
Pyramids = the stars representing Orion's belt

The extreme objection to comprehensive underground radar studies (I am not certain if this has changed) and other archeological searches of the pyramids by current Egyptian political entities to preserve their current narrative seems counter intuitive to someone wanting to find the truth of their origin. (i.e. what is beneath the Sphinx)

This happens a lot in ancient history studies since each 'group' seems to have reasons to hold onto a narrative for political reasons. The Kennewick man discovery in Washington state being a good example. Another fascinating one is the ancient copper mines from surface of upper Michigan regions likely done by ancient Phoenicians. It gets to the whole, 'who discovered what when' and who can claim being 'first'. Scientific discovery and research has been sacrificed on the alter of political / economic reasons throughout history.

And no, Charlton Heston and John Derek didn't build them. Though a large sculpture of Debra Paget would be a thing of beauty.

Another name for those interested: Immanuel Velikovsky, Worlds In Collision
A good book to read is Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophe, by Firestone, West, Warwick-Smith. This deals with scientific research into a comet striking earth about 10,000 years ago.

Man, this thread is going south.

The various "pyramids" of the world have nothing to do with each other. They were built at vastly different periods of times for vastly different purposes. The reason that there is a cursory resemblance in the monumental architecture of pre-industrial people is that it is vastly easier to build with a wide base that tapers as it moves upwards. That is it.

Science does not recognize "ley lines."

The Old Kingdom Egyptians did not know that zodiac as we know it...that comes from the Babylonians. So much for that idea.

There is no evidence AT ALL that Phoenicians made it to America. None.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,287,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Anyone into the theory that there was a lost civilization 10,000-30,000 years before the Egyptians that built the pyramids and the egyptians simply found/uncovered them?

Forget the guy's name
Yes, mainly HS dropouts.

Egyptology, just like any other science, is based upon well over a century of painstaking research done by highly educated, very intelligent people who spent their entire lives studying thousands of artifacts, ancient texts, lab tests and so on. Something that 99% of people have no clue about. So any theory can fly with them.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,814,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Yes, mainly HS dropouts.

Egyptology, just like any other science, is based upon well over a century of painstaking research done by highly educated, very intelligent people who spent their entire lives studying thousands of artifacts, ancient texts, lab tests and so on. Something that 99% of people have no clue about. So any theory can fly with them.
I was afraid that this topic would develop into one of aliens and ancient advanced civilizations or the mystical healing power of the pyramid shape. Good thing those guys stay in another forum now. There is nothing mysterious about the pyramid other then the wonderment of the ability of ancient man to build such structures. Even that is not a mystery - ancient man had the tools, the knowledge of math and engineering to construct such structures, the materials, and the manpower. We know this because it is well documented.

Yes indeed - Egyptology is a disciplined science with these experts having doctorate degrees from leading universities. Those that prescribe to hookey nonsense about aliens or the pyramid shape or it's connection to Atlantis and the cosmos, etc, are knows in that field as "pyramidiots". You don't find them sponsoring TV shows on the history channel on "ancient aliens", or with internet blogs with evidence connecting the egyption pyramid to a Mexican one, you find them either in the field, or laboratory, or teaching and giving seminars at Yale or Cambridge.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:00 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,560,516 times
There are some experts who believe the pyramids are much older than commonly held.
Regardless, the Holy Bible does not say that the Hebrews built any pyramids or the sphynx.
That mistaken notion was disseminated by Hollywood.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I was afraid that this topic would develop into one of aliens and ancient advanced civilizations or the mystical healing power of the pyramid shape. Good thing those guys stay in another forum now. There is nothing mysterious about the pyramid other then the wonderment of the ability of ancient man to build such structures. Even that is not a mystery - ancient man had the tools, the knowledge of math and engineering to construct such structures, the materials, and the manpower. We know this because it is well documented.

Yes indeed - Egyptology is a disciplined science with these experts having doctorate degrees from leading universities. Those that prescribe to hookey nonsense about aliens or the pyramid shape or it's connection to Atlantis and the cosmos, etc, are knows in that field as "pyramidiots". You don't find them sponsoring TV shows on the history channel on "ancient aliens", or with internet blogs with evidence connecting the egyption pyramid to a Mexican one, you find them either in the field, or laboratory, or teaching and giving seminars at Yale or Cambridge.
You, sir or madam, are a scholar and a gentlemen/lady (sorry, the handle does not make it clear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
There are some experts who believe the pyramids are much older than commonly held.
Regardless, the Holy Bible does not say that the Hebrews built any pyramids or the sphynx.
That mistaken notion was disseminated by Hollywood.
No. No. No. No. No. The only thing Graeme Hancock and Robert Bauvel are experts at is conning the gullible for cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History