U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM

13,369 posts, read 18,347,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
OK, here: your statement that "The Jews declared war on Germany long before WW2" is anti-Jewish. Gramatically satisfied now?
I think, Bugalove, it's rather hard to satisfy someone who will call a poster "raging anti Semite" for posting a link to Daily Express article and scholarly research on the topic, without ANY other comments whatsoever. I guess judging from reaction, it must have been a good post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM

14,781 posts, read 37,937,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaker221 View Post
Again, you're looking at it from the perspective of PC modern 2015. You think it's just a meaningless symbolic gesture in hindsight, yet in 30s Germany even that will make you out to be against your own country. The Jews obviously didn't deserve what happened to them, but they did enough to be considered enemies by many in their own countries.
No, I'm not looking at it from the perspective of "PC modern 2015". You are however mired in anti-semitic BS propagated by hate mongering websites. If the best you can come up with for why Jewish people "did enough" to be considered enemies is the sensationalized headline in the Daily Express in 1933 declaring a boycott that most Jews didn't even abide by...then that's pretty pathetic.

Do me a favor, enumerate for me, with linked sources, the "enough" that Jews in Germany did to be considered enemies of their own countries...

Quote:
Just because it's 'official' doesn't make it any less ridiculous though. Jews of Europe were not semitic racially, and yes it is an actual race of middle eastern people such as myself and other ones like Arabs and many ancient Mesopotamians, it is not just a language, and you are using a race-card so it applies even less. Would you call someone who isn't slavic a slavic? If you type in google "Jews are not the original Hebrew semites" you will see that even Jewish scholars and historians having written articles denouncing the term semitic for the Jewish people. I just thought it was funny how much you overused that term against me of all people. If you used something proper like "anti-Jewish" then I wouldn't have cared.
Yes, if I type that into google I will get a list of BS websites hawking hate filled crap and pseudo-science. Please provide a link to these sources quoting "Jewish scholars and historians".

As for it being a "race", it is not because there is no such scientific meaning to the word "race" as applied to different groups of humans. You need to put down your 19th century concepts of peoples and ethnicities. "Semite" does refer to the common language group, culture and ethnicity. However, the definition and usage of anti-semite, no matter your personal feelings on it is very clear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiti...icity_and_race

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(...tion_of_humans)

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I think, Bugalove, it's rather hard to satisfy someone who will call a poster "raging anti Semite" for posting a link to Daily Express article and scholarly research on the topic, without ANY other comments whatsoever. I guess judging from reaction, it must have been a good post.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

"Scholarly" nothing of the sort...

The Daily Express is a TABLOID newspaper, even back in 1933. I suppose you think they actually found a half-bat, half-human baby living in a Florida swamp... This is the only paper that such a headline or article appears in. There was no "worldwide boycott". Some Jewish organizations, most notably the American Jewish Congress did call for a boycott against German goods AFTER Germany instituted the Nuremberg Laws and stripped German Jews of their citizenship. What is so hard to understand? The mere implication that such a declaration, even if it were true and universal to every Jew on the planet, would somehow justify the actions of the Nazi's during the Holocaust is disgusting.

You've made it no secret what your personal beliefs are in post after post. You believe in some sort of grand Jewish conspiracy of world domination. Take it to one of the other forums because this trash doesn't belong in History. I don't care how many articles you link or post from that knuckle dragger Rense, all it does is reinforce how ridiculous your arguments and beliefs are if you accept that as "scholarly research".

Information on Rense:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-his-own-words
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-radio-network

Feel free to provide any articles or sources that you think support your views...I'll be happy to reduce them to the pile of feces that they are...

Last edited by NJGOAT; 09-28-2015 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-28-2015, 09:20 PM

9,291 posts, read 7,884,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
FIAT currency didn't exist then. Money was made out of precious metal with gold, silver and copper being the most common and universally accepted sources. Anyone could technically mint coins, but their value was fixed by what they were made out of. So, when lending money, it became a physical transfer, not a "paper" transfer.

It is a myth that the Church "banned" usury. They certainly preached against it, but it was a very common practice for Christians and the Church itself often lent or borrowed money. It was simply a matter of business convenience for a group locked out of virtually any other means of wealth generation to take up the practice. The Jews then became very good at it and provided an easy and reliable source. Since borrowing money helped fuel economic activity laws were then passed to protect the moneylenders to ensure that they were repaid.
That is exactly what I am trying to get at. There was no fiat money, no electronic transfers. Money was physical. Whoever had the might, can control the mining, and smithing, and safeguarding of these physical commodities. I dont think the Jews had the might back then.

If the christians and church can practice usury, then how the jews become so prominent? There would have been lots of competition in what was probably a very deadly industry.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:36 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,364,681 times
NJGoat, if you go back to the post where I linked that article you can read in the first line I wrote...
"...disregarding everything in this article except the statistics."

Let your hate go...it's only a question about history from someone too young to have been there. Oh that's right, we're not allowed to ask questions. PC forever baby!

Old 09-29-2015, 12:11 AM

102 posts, read 345,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
NJGoat, if you go back to the post where I linked that article you can read in the first line I wrote...

Let your hate go...it's only a question about history from someone too young to have been there. Oh that's right, we're not allowed to ask questions. PC forever baby!
That's always been the case for the Jewish side like this aggressive and vapid NJgoat. So much anger and ad hominems unwarrented in this thread, this character has even gone as far as to claim that people in this thread implied that the Jews deserved the holocaust lol.

Dare to debate or even ask any questions that doesn't make the Jewish side looks like completely 100% sad innocent victims, and you will get nonsensical liberal terms thrown at you like 'bigot' or 'anti-semite' (even though the vast majority of Jews do not have any semitic middle eastern blood). If they are so right, why the anger and fear of question? The truth is a far more powerful defense than all this PC shaming and even lawsuits.

As for my sources on Jews not being semitic racially, I have some links that I know you will brush off immediately because you will deem them racist which is the typical tactic
Some Publications showing the Jews to be Khazars and not Israelites
All the sources are listed on the bottom, and yes some Jewish sources too.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I sincerely cannot believe that this thread has been allowed to remain open, especially after the virile anti-semitism came spewing out complete with conspiracy theories about how the Jews run the world...

No, this is an attempt to bait into a thread about Jew bashing. The author of the article you linked to absolutely matters because the man is a raging anti-semite knuckle drugger that propagates any conspiracy theory he comes across. His article is FAKE, MADE UP, COMPLETE BS.

The simple fact of the matter is encapsulated by this quote from the USHMM:

Jewish Life in Europe Before the Holocaust

The TRUTH is that by and large Jews did not control any major German industries. The wealthy remained the "Junkers" class of landowners that existed under the Kaiser in the old Prussian model. Not a single major German conglomerate was owned by Jews.

Jews who were not simple laborers (the vast majority) were more than likely to be in classed in one of two ways: a) middle class shop owners or merchants or b) "intelligentsia" such as artists, doctors, scientists, performers, teachers, etc.

The simple fact of the matter is that anti-Semitism was alived and well in Germany and Europe as a whole for a very long time. It was virtually impossible for many Jews to reach high station. The path most took to success was the university and gaining an education. The Jewish "elite" in pre-WW2 Germany were the doctors, lawyers, professors and scientists. Indeed these were the people driven out of Germany in the early years of the Nazi's moves against the Jewish population. They had the means and they fled.

...and here is the evidence of the raging anti-Semitism driving this thread (might as well toss urkoz in here as well, but I didn't quote him). Statements like this are completely counter-factual and are driven by hatred that flourishes in small minds.

A long favored statement by those who frequent Stormfront and read whatever the IHR publishes. This is simply not true. After the passing of the Nuremberg Laws Jewish communities in many nations including Britain and the US held meetings. Among those was the call for a boycott against Germany. This boycott meant that Jewish communities would not purchase products from Germany or do business with Germany. However this took place AFTER the Nuremberg Laws had been passed that stripped Jews of their citizenship.
Wow. I feel sorry for you. Someone made a comment that has nothing to do with this thread and I offered a reply that I would not argue. As in not engage.And you need to throw out "small minds, raging anti-semite, and of course, hatred."

I'm really impressed. You are trying to get this thread shut down; thus basically enforcing your own little version of censorship.

Pity tomorrow's kids if you succeed. I'm sure me daring to respond to you yet again will bring more of your trolling and personal attacks.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Think about this. You post an article from a known biased source who routinely produces fake articles with exaggerated claims. You then argue that the source doesn't matter and just focus on the "statistics". The statistics are bull. In between calling this thread out for the farce that it is, I provided the real information.

This is not a matter of being "PC" (what a great buzzword attack that is) but of not allowing false claims and revisionist history based on hatred to be given a place at the table of legitimate discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaker221 View Post
That's always been the case for the Jewish side like this aggressive and vapid NJgoat. So much anger and ad hominems unwarrented in this thread, this character has even gone as far as to claim that people in this thread implied that the Jews deserved the holocaust lol.

Dare to debate or even ask any questions that doesn't make the Jewish side looks like completely 100% sad innocent victims, and you will get nonsensical liberal terms thrown at you like 'bigot' or 'anti-semite' (even though the vast majority of Jews do not have any semitic middle eastern blood). If they are so right, why the anger and fear of question? The truth is a far more powerful defense than all this PC shaming and even lawsuits.

As for my sources on Jews not being semitic racially, I have some links that I know you will brush off immediately because you will deem them racist which is the typical tactic
Some Publications showing the Jews to be Khazars and not Israelites
All the sources are listed on the bottom, and yes some Jewish sources too.
I am not Jewish nor am I taking the "Jewish side". I am a student of history whose been around the block enough times to know that this entire thread and conversation is not about "seeking the truth". It is very agenda driven and that agenda is based on whatever of a number of crackpot theories about Jews the people engaged happen to ascribe to.

The idea that Jews "did something" to cause what happened to them is so far from the truth as to be ridiculous to even consider it a starting point for discussion. The history of this time is so well documented that one would need to be completely ignorant of the information to even make that statement.

As evidence to my point above, your "sources" are a link to a website "biblebelievers.org", yes that seems like a great bastion of scientific reasoning...but I digress. This particular site is interested in making the connection that modern Jews = Khazars because that would fulfill a prophecy in Revelations related to the end times. There goes that agenda again. There are a couple of sources listed that make the direct claim. The vast majority however simply repeat that the Khazars converted to Judaism, but even that is now questioned. Much more likely is that one of their rulers did so, but there is no evidence for a mass conversion of people. I am not surprised by this claim since it was once widely believed and most of the sources on that site are dated from the 80's and 90's.

Here are some real sources dealing with this issue including links to actual articles, including genetic studies which disprove the claims that Ashkenazi Jews are descended from the Khazars...

The Jewish Press » » Study Finds No Evidence of Khazar Origin for Ashkenazi Jews
Jews Are Not Descended From Khazars, Hebrew University Historian Says - Jewish World Features - Haaretz

This is a link to the actual genetic study done by Wayne State...
http://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/cgi/...biol_preprints

Quote:
Employing a variety of standard techniques for the analysis of populationgenetic structure, we find that Ashkenazi Jews share the greatest genetic ancestry with other Jewish populations, and among non-Jewish populations, with groups from Europe and the Middle East. No particular similarity of Ashkenazi Jews with populations from the Caucasus is evident, particularly with the populations that most closely represent the Khazar region. Thus, analysis of Ashkenazi Jews together with a large sample from the region of the Khazar Khaganate corroborates the earlier results that Ashkenazi Jews derive their ancestry primarily from populations of the Middle East and Europe, that they possess considerable shared ancestry with other Jewish populations, and that there is no indication of a significant genetic contribution either from within or from north of the Caucasus region.
Some history on the theory with more links to sources...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazar...enazi_ancestry

Quote:
Wow. I feel sorry for you. Someone made a comment that has nothing to do with this thread and I offered a reply that I would not argue. As in not engage.And you need to throw out "small minds, raging anti-semite, and of course, hatred."

I'm really impressed. You are trying to get this thread shut down; thus basically enforcing your own little version of censorship.

Pity tomorrow's kids if you succeed. I'm sure me daring to respond to you yet again will bring more of your trolling and personal attacks.
I have no intentions of shutting down the thread, merely pointing out the immense issues with the premise of the thread and calling out those whom it seems to have attracted. I am all for vigorous and open debate, but that requires starting with a premise that isn't complete bull.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 PM

NJ Goat; where are the real numbers for the categories in that guy's article? Those numbers are all over the net (NOT saying they are correct), saying they are indeed widely circulated.

I do not have a dog in this fight, other than seeking knowledge. If those numbers are wrong, can you provide links to the right ones? You can say they are bull all day long, but what are the correct numbers?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 PM

13,062 posts, read 17,922,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Hate to break it to you but the Jews today in the US pretty much control everything too.
I must have missed my visit with the Elders of Zion letting me in on the gold secrets of our people. Can you remind them to pull me into their unmarked van and give me all of this power and control that we're supposed to have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or