U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 08:53 AM

14,781 posts, read 37,921,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
NJ Goat; where are the real numbers for the categories in that guy's article? Those numbers are all over the net (NOT saying they are correct), saying they are indeed widely circulated.

I do not have a dog in this fight, other than seeking knowledge. If those numbers are wrong, can you provide links to the right ones? You can say they are bull all day long, but what are the correct numbers?
The numbers the "article" states...
  • "150 private Jewish banks in Berlin versus 11 non-Jewish private banks in 1923"

"Jews owned 41% of iron and scrap iron firms and 57% of other metals businesses"

"Jews comprised 80% of the leading stock market traders in 1928"

"at least a quarter of all professors and instructors in universities had Jewish origins"

"in 1905-06 25% of law and medical students were Jewish"

"in 1931, 50% of the 234 theater directors were Jewish"

"in 1929 the per capita income of Jews in Berlin was twice that of other residents"

"75% of the doctors and lawyers in Berlin were Jewish"

These are the direct claims. Others are exaggerations like "most or all or the majority" which makes an implication, but not a direct claim. There are of course grains of truth in these statements, but many are highly exaggerated...

https://books.google.com/books?id=bs...ermany&f=false

From this book we get the following...

The Jews of Germany were culturally assimilated. Most had abandoned their religious orthodoxy and adopted the language. Quite a few had converted to Christianity and rates of inter-marriage between Germans and "Jews" was rather high. Of the 600,000 Jews in Germany during WW1 over 12,000 Jews gave their lives for Germany and their rate of service was higher than ANY OTHER group, including "ethnic Christian Germans". Jewish soldiers were also the most highly decorated on a per capita basis.

Jews constituted less than 1% of the German population by the 1920's owing to declining birth rates and intermarriage. It was impossible for such a small number of people to control the economic, political and social life of the entire nation. NONE of the large German corporate conglomerates were owned nor directed by Jews and these corporate conglomerates are the ones that dictated the nations economic policies and direction.

Before the creation of the Weimar Republic legal and social obstacles had barred any noncoverted Jews from assuming high level positions in the government beurocracy or taking teaching or chair positions at universities. A handful of Jewish families had accumulated large fortunes, similar to their Christian counterparts, but these were inline with the overall population. Jews had a larger middle class then Germany in general, but there were also plenty of poor Jews. The German economic issues of the 1920's impacted Jews just as much as the rest of Germany.

By the 1920's Jewish ownership of banks had declined to less than 18%. Between 5% and 16% of persons engaged in law, medicine and journalism were Jewish. In the retail and clothing industry 25% to 30% of business owners were Jewish. In the metal trade, over 50% of the businesses were Jewish owned. Approximately 80% of "department" stores were Jewish owned. This heavy concentration of Jews in particular areas was a result of where they were allowed to establish themselves over the years.

Jews were over-represented in the middle class, under-represented in the lower class and proportionally represented in the upper-class while being under-represented politically and within the military. They did however form a very visible part of the German economy given the professions that they had tended to gravitate towards. The Nazi's used this visibility to their advantage to appeal to lower-middle and lower class Germans that it was the Jews who were keeping them suppressed economically with the Jewish store becoming the most visible symbol.

Here is another book that delves even deeper into the situation...

https://books.google.com/books?id=wt...page&q&f=false

From here, we get some more interesting facts...

The ownership of "private banks" is highly misleading because "private banks" were virtually eliminated in the Weimar years and represented less than 1% of the banking industry. In their place we find the establishment of national banks (Deutsche Bank) and credit banks. A few credit banks had Jewish managers, but they were a very small, yet succesful, minority. So, the "Jews owned x number of private banks" is true, but within the context of what that actually represents one can see the truth.

The Jewish domination of the "metals industry" was tied almost entirely to their work as middlemen in Upper Silesia, the most mineral rich area in Germany. Upper Silesian landowners were not pre-disposed to care about industrial development and were highly tolerant of Jews. Therefore Jews found a ready in-road to working as middlemen in the raw material and scrap trade of the metal industry. They were heavily represented in UPPER SILESIA, but virtually non-existent in other areas. At one point, Jews controlled over 80% of this trade. HOWEVER...after WW1 as businesses began to consolidate, these middlemen were eliminated in large numbers. Jewish ownership in the metal trade went from 80% in 1923 to 57% in 1930. It was a dieing industry. They also did not "own" the factories or mines, but simply acted as middlemen trading the materials.

The "department store" number sounds huge until you realize that department stores were exceedingly rare in Germany. They were a relatively newly introduced business based on the American model. There were three department stores in all of Berlin. Most of the stores were concentrated in major cities and most were owned by Jews as a pair of Jewish brothers introduced the stores to Germany and later split their business between them. Less than 3% of retail trade went through department stores, but they were seen as the "Wal*Marts" of their day in hurting small local shops.

You can read the excerpts available online from the books and learn the truth. The Jewish community in Germany was vibrant and varied. Some members were rich, others weren't. They were heavily represented in some industries and occupations while being virtually non-existent in others.

What we do know as absolutely true is that Jews were not in a position to control the social, economic and political life of Germany.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 12:59 AM

10 posts, read 8,263 times
Well when the germans expelled the Jews and took their property that stolen wealth fro 1% of the accounted for a HUGE percentage of their total war effort.

According to the History channel "rise of the third riech" it was over 50%. Personally, I don't believe it was that high, but I'm sure it was sizable

Old 10-01-2015, 08:41 AM

10,690 posts, read 10,345,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I must have missed my visit with the Elders of Zion letting me in on the gold secrets of our people. Can you remind them to pull me into their unmarked van and give me all of this power and control that we're supposed to have?
Doncha know? The Jews run this country! They control the media, the banks, and everythin' else. All Jews are wealthy, too!

Honestly, I am sick and tired of all the threads I see here on CDF that start off claiming to be "objective" and simply have an ulterior motive of spreading antisemitism. None of these posters have the honesty to tell us why they are really here and what they are really trying to do.

A special thanks to NJGoat for taking up the sword and debunking this kind of nonsense. I think it is critical for those of us who are not Jews to take on this cause of discrediting and exposing blatant antisemitism. I wish I had the time and the energy to do more.

I have said this before and I will say it again. When one has family who literally died in World War II fighting the Japanese and the Nazis these issues hit particularly home. Lies about Jews are part of a larger process that minimizes the achievement of all our veterans who fought to destroy these evil regimes.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM

212 posts, read 165,266 times
Nazis were Feudal, just like antisemitism. Nazis did not invent anything, except the industrialization and mechanization of death.

Every one of their measures against Jews existed in one period of another of the past, call it Inquisition, Progroms, "programmed lynchings", etc.

As to the "capitalist that opresses poor people", the same thing that feudal kings did to avoid paying debts...burning the banker...

Old 10-03-2015, 09:20 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,086,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I was reading about Jewish power in Germany from the late 1800's -early 1940's. For never even being 1% of the German population it sure looks like they controlled almost everything. Banks, manufacturing, arts/entertainment, etc, etc.

I can't help but wonder, did the Germans view the Jews the same way so many Americans view the 1%? That's the opinion part...

If there are any economic historians reading...in a factual comparison how would the pre-WWII German wealth divide compare to the current US wealth divide?
I think I catch your drift, and it is ugly. If the Pre-WWII Germans or for that matter any other people want to invest in close family lives, extensive support of education and civil order then they'd outperform or equal the Jews.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:12 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,484,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Didnt Hitler already enact a lot of anti-semitic acts before Kristallnacht? And many jews fled Germany before the official Holocaust actually started right? Not sure of exact numbers though. I mean, Hitler blaiming Jews was a large part of his shtick from the very beginning.
True. It was not new. It was simply the evidence of the catalyst. Until then, it wasn't nearly as violent although violence did occur. It was the mob affect after crystal night and in some ways, it openly legitimized the open and violent persecution to those that were "on the fence" about the subject. It's weird how human behavior can act that way.

Once the mob starts, it tends to gain momentum.

One must keep in perspective though that when this gained momentum 5.5 million NON-JEWS were exterminated in the exact same fashion so it was not solely focused on the Jews alone. 11.5 million were killed in the death camps. 55% were Jewish and 45% were not. I wish someone would do a documentary on the non-Jews and what led them to their fate.

In all it is almost inconceivable that man could do that to man. Only recently has ISIS shown a similar disdain and treatment for those that aren't like them in the form of beheadings. Genocide has been with us since man begin to appear. Rwanda, Cambodia. Serbia, China, soviet Union under Stalin, etc...etc....where these monsters come from and what trips their triggers is beyond me but every generation seems to have one.

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao seem to be the most violent of the recent club of maniacs.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:26 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,086,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
One must keep in perspective though that when this gained momentum 5.5 million NON-JEWS were exterminated in the exact same fashion so it was not solely focused on the Jews alone. 11.5 million were killed in the death camps. 55% were Jewish and 45% were not. I wish someone would do a documentary on the non-Jews and what led them to their fate.

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao seem to be the most violent of the recent club of maniacs.
There is a difference between Hitler's atrocities with respect to non-Jews and Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao and Hitler's attack on Jews. Hitler's aim was the elimination of all Jews. The other situations shows that these people had a blood lust and enjoyed killing people. Ditto ISIS and other Islamists. Bin Ladin knew he wasn't killing all Americans. He just enjoyed knowing of gruesome deaths. That was Hitler's position on non-Jews he chose to have killed.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:37 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,360,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
True. It was not new. It was simply the evidence of the catalyst. Until then, it wasn't nearly as violent although violence did occur. It was the mob affect after crystal night and in some ways, it openly legitimized the open and violent persecution to those that were "on the fence" about the subject. It's weird how human behavior can act that way.

Once the mob starts, it tends to gain momentum.

In all it is almost inconceivable that man could do that to man. Only recently has ISIS shown a similar disdain and treatment for those that aren't like them in the form of beheadings. Genocide has been with us since man begin to appear. Rwanda, Cambodia. Serbia, China, soviet Union under Stalin, etc...etc....where these monsters come from and what trips their triggers is beyond me but every generation seems to have one.

Can you elaborate on the non-jewish? Time frames and approx numbers throughout those years?

Old 10-11-2015, 06:23 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,229,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaker221 View Post
Again, you're looking at it from the perspective of PC modern 2015. You think it's just a meaningless symbolic gesture in hindsight, yet in 30s Germany even that will make you out to be against your own country. The Jews obviously didn't deserve what happened to them, but they did enough to be considered enemies by many in their own countries.

Just because it's 'official' doesn't make it any less ridiculous though. Jews of Europe were not semitic racially, and yes it is an actual race of middle eastern people such as myself and other ones like Arabs and many ancient Mesopotamians, it is not just a language, and you are using a race-card so it applies even less. Would you call someone who isn't slavic a slavic? If you type in google "Jews are not the original Hebrew semites" you will see that even Jewish scholars and historians having written articles denouncing the term semitic for the Jewish people. I just thought it was funny how much you overused that term against me of all people. If you used something proper like "anti-Jewish" then I wouldn't have cared.

If you're going to get this nit-picky about origins, the only Jews in the world are those descended from the tribe of Judah. What does any of this have to do with the OP?

Mahrie.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:02 PM

102 posts, read 345,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
If you're going to get this nit-picky about origins, the only Jews in the world are those descended from the tribe of Judah. What does any of this have to do with the OP?

Mahrie.
Because I found it hilarious that me, a REAL racially/culturally/fluently linguistic semitic person of middle eastern origin was being accused of being anti-semitic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or