Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 PM

383 posts, read 722,297 times

Advertisements

I made this post especially for
TriMT7
In Limbo

Egyptians were black, not mixed, not anything else but black. I don't care what the tv shows or the media tells you. Im talking about facts when it comes to the egyptian race.

King menes the first king of egypt a black men

King Tut was a black man

Queen Nefertiti was a black woman.

Ancient Egyptian ethnographic in the tomb of Rameses III - Monuments from Egypt and Ethiopia by Karl Richard Lepsius (German: "Denkmaler aus Agypten und Athiopian").
French Egyptologist Champollion found similar murals in other royal tombs

(Egyptian is the first.) (Semite is the second.) (Other Africans is third) European is foruth "One Picture is worth more than ten thousand words." - Chinese Proverb

This were this proverb came from

Old 01-31-2008, 03:45 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,238 times
So What, Jesus probably looked like Osama BinLaden.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:52 PM

383 posts, read 722,297 times
Oh no it was just for Tri MTz who kept trying to argue the egyptians were mixed. When they never called themsevles semites but called themselves negros or black. In fact i don't know what a semite was at that time. Could have been mixed or a lightskin black person. But i agree jesus could have looked like osama. Either his skin was dark or brown

Old 01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,505 times
There were plenty of Sub-Saharan genetics in Egypt. Pretty obvious why (same continent, and all). Still, though, to say that "Egyptians Are Black ZOMG!" is laughably off base.
They were a multi-racial and multi-ethnic society.
North-Africans are not the same as Sub-Saharan's, even though their genetics have been intermixing since the beginning of time.

Here's a girl from Morocco.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/ff/200px-Aa6cre2.jpg (broken link)

Here's a girl from Lybia

http://www.nageco.com/21f2e3e0.jpg (broken link)

And don't think I dug for these, either. I simply went to google images and typed in "Moroccan Girl" and "Libyan Girl". They were on the first line.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM

21 posts, read 88,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
So What, Jesus probably looked like Osama BinLaden.
Actually,Yoshua Bin Josef had a short beard.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM

21 posts, read 88,350 times
The Egyptians were a mix of ethnicities and they were African but they weren't just strictly "black" whatever that means. There were a lot of Ethiopians and Kush if that is what you mean.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,071 times
Good lord.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to boost your self-esteem, I guess. Doesn't make it true, of course, but if you need to indentify with a 5000 year old dead civilization to make you feel better about yourself, go for it.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
I don't want to get into an ugly 'spat' here with you, johndoeboy. I'll only say this---if, as you say, the Egyptians were "black--not anything 'but'---and not mixed" then I find that extremely difficult to believe. It would mean the entire population of "blacks" (pure blacks, as are found in Subsaharan Africa) was somehow 'evicted" from their homes and cities and 'sent packing' off to somewhere else, and a NEW race,(the present-day 'semitic' population of Egypt) somehow came in an 'replaced' them....All while they were known and observed by OTHER groups (Romans, Greeks, Byzantines, Turks, etc etc.) NONE of whom, as far as I know, ever mentioned this cataclysmic event. Such an upheaval, had it happened, would have been 'front-page news' in its day. MANY groups would have remarked upon it in their records and oral histories.

It's obvious the Egyptians were aware of blacks, and that blacks have some representation in Egyptian culture. Some blacks may have held places of honor in the Egyptian society. Some Egyptians do bear certain 'black' physical characteristics. But that's a LONG way from an entire "black" population being 'uprooted', leaving no clear memory of its ever having existed.

We know of certain racial 'upheavals' in history. The Mongols invaded Europe. The Aryans invaded India. The Arabs invaded Spain. The Europeans invaded the New World, and blacks arrived here too. They 'pushed aside" the native Indians. All these things are 'known'. We know who invaded, and we know where they ARE now. We ALSO know what happened to the "original people". Nobody 'disappeared'. In the case of Egypt, I've NEVER heard a credible acount of the "original people" being kicked out by the "invaders", who then erased the very MEMORY of this event, leaving no record.

I find your history VERY questionable. I think the "ancient" Egyptians were the ancestors of TODAY'S Egyptians....I think they knew of blacks, they interacted with blacks (so did the Romans), they intermarried on occasion with blacks, but the Egyptians weren't a "pure, unmixed black" nation. That simply defies common sense....sorry.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
More than one ancient chronicler described Cleopatra as blue-eyed and blonde, chiefly because she was a Macedonian Greek.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM

746 posts, read 845,282 times
Has anyone ever been to Berlin?

Has anyone here ever scene the sculpture of "The beautiful Berlin Woman" as she is referred to there.

This is such a funny debate when whites and blacks go at it.

Anyway short story I (black) went to Berlin to see the scupltures and Egyptian Artifacts with a bunch of friend most of whom where white. Anyway prior to going to the musuesm this same sort of debate begin to take place. Some of my white friends argued that they were not black etc, with no actual historical documentation and my black friends and I argued that they were black. Anyway we made a little dinner wager prior to entering the musuem.

Well, long story short when we left the museum my black friends, myself included were eating nice steak dinners compliments of our white friends.

When we walked in the musuem the first thing out of one of my white friends mouths "Wow, they really are black people."

Once we walked to the Nefertiti exhibit another jokingly said, "Wow, that looks just like a sister"

Having traveld the world and been lucky enough to see a lot of these artifacts and actual depications of the Egyptians, I would say everyone on this board has said something very factual.

The first Egyptians were definetly black like modern day black americans (they were not wicked dark like sub saharan Africans, but they looked like modern day brown and light complexion black people).

Through time you do notice that there were obviously a number of different mixes taking place. However, the people that built the tombs etc were black looking peoples.

Cleopatra, was not Egyptian in the sense she was "white" and she came 100's of years after they were conqured.

In closing what does it matter if they were first black? I have never understood why whites in particular find that so offensive. Hell, you can go visit NYC museum when Tut's exhibit is there and see the original people were black.

I guess that's my only question to those on the board?

Clearly no one believes that one "race" of people are the sole rulers of the world etc. Or that one race could ever be incapable of creating a highly evolved society?

Side note if anyone is going back to Berlin the funniest part of the tour is listening to the speaker and you're looking at the sculptures and they look just like black people, but the guy giving the tour is saying well, they were not really black people they just looked exactly like them lol. It is quite funny. I think they are also building a Nubian exhibit to go along with the Egyptian exhibit.

It is sort of like when you see a black south american. Hehe He's definitely black and of African decent, but will tell you he's not of african decent but Brazilian or something lol. What people call themselves and where their ancestors are originally from can offer a huge disconnect.

Last thing didn't Egyptians refer to their lands as Kemit? Can anyone tell me what that means?

Now here's what a black Ethopian looks like someone who would be a decendent of the Egyptians perhaps

Last edited by truthhurts; 01-31-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.