U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 996 times

Advertisements

If you look at the domestic policies of TR, Taft, Wilson, and Harding, who do you think was the most successful and the most unsuccessful.* Explain fully your choices and why you chose those individuals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 11:45 AM

48,014 posts, read 20,214,094 times
Why don't you start by offering your opinions on the policies and allowing us to react to those?

Otherwise the above, especially since it is a first post, appears suspiciously like someone trying to get us to do his or her homework for them.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:36 PM

12,774 posts, read 11,980,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Why don't you start by offering your opinions on the policies and allowing us to react to those?

Otherwise the above, especially since it is a first post, appears suspiciously like someone trying to get us to do his or her homework for them.
Homework was my first reaction too.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:17 PM

7,326 posts, read 4,341,603 times
Oh, play nice fellas...

Old 03-06-2016, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Homework was my first reaction too.
In the first two decades of the twentieth century the national political scene reflected a growing American belief in the ideas of the Progressive movement. The presidencies of Theodore Roosevelt (TR), William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson, where all glorious and defined in their own manner, but varied in other respects. Although all of these presidents were accomplished and served their country well, in my opinion, I think TR was the most successful and Taft was the most unsuccessful in the Progressive revolution era. I believed the TR made the first step for the developing America while Taft just flow what TR already set up. And I want to know more about Taft but I done have enough information

Old 03-06-2016, 02:03 PM

28,900 posts, read 48,683,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maido1993mai View Post
If you look at the domestic policies of TR, Taft, Wilson, and Harding, who do you think was the most successful and the most unsuccessful.* Explain fully your choices and why you chose those individuals.
Teddy Roosevelt.

It can be argued that the Federal Reserve was Wilson's legacy to the country. He lived to regret playing such an instrumental role in its establishment.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:23 PM

7,326 posts, read 4,341,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Teddy Roosevelt.

It can be argued that the Federal Reserve was Wilson's legacy to the country. He lived to regret playing such an instrumental role in its establishment.
Actually Wilson never lived to regret signing the Federal Reserve Act, that is one of the great hoaxes of the internet as no one and I mean no can find a single reference where Wilson expressed such regret.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Status: "Trump - excepting Jorgensen, the least of multiple evils" (set 8 days ago)

13,773 posts, read 8,469,565 times
Taft was not that far removed from TR as far as their goals were concerned; the two men differed mostly on the means -- Roosevelt preferring direct action while Taft, who had the strongest Judicial background of any President, naturally preferred less-precisely defined legislation which the courts cold fine-tune as necessary. When his later appointment as Chief Justice is factored in, a case can be made for Taft as one of our most successful Presidents.

Taft's wife Helen was also, for her time, an "activist" First lady; not even a stroke suffered during her tenure in the White House stopped her. Doris Kearns Goodwin's new book, The Bully Pulpit, is an excellent portrait of the times.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:31 AM

38,779 posts, read 21,624,927 times
Talking Hey, n00b...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maido1993mai View Post

You go first.

I insist.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or