Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:56 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colobuff View Post
JFK was shot in the head, from the rear, from the Dal-Tex building. Not the SE corner of the TSBD. This is the dramatic shot seen on the Zapruder film, and to a lesser extent on the Nix and Muchmore films.

JFK was also shot from the right front. But it was not from the grassy knoll. It was from where the concrete bridge abutted the picket fence -- the junction in front of the railroad tracks. This shot, which occurred just after the rear head shot, has been edited from extant films.

If this really happened, I'm actually part correct. The rounds originated from both the back and front of the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 06:21 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
If this really happened, I'm actually part correct. The rounds originated from both the back and front of the victim.
No it did not - all rounds originated from the back of the victim (i.e. from Oswald's perch). Ballistic evidence as well as independent recreation with "dummy targets" support this.

If you believe the Zapruder film available to the public today was edited however, and autopsy records doctored, etc. by the men in black or whoever - then we are out of the "reasonable discussion" zone.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No it did not - all rounds originated from the back of the victim (i.e. from Oswald's perch). Ballistic evidence as well as independent recreation with "dummy targets" support this.

I don't claim the rounds from the front hit the victim.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Cut down on the single points of failure, cut down on the risks. Another sniper on the roof--maybe your "real" assassin, leaving Oswald most likely to be caught--makes a whole lot of obvious sense if there was planned a second shooter.
Except that cutting down on the risks doesn't entail helping Oswald get caught.... so that it then becomes necessary to hire Jack Ruby to keep him from talking.... and then Ruby might talk... and the whole thing generates endless conspiracy theories about how Oswald was set up.

And we're assuming that something was magical about that day. The plan HAD TO SUCCEED on that day.... or else. If we don't get JFK today, our world comes to an end. The risk of having multiple snipers is worth it. The risk of hiring a sub-standard marksman and misfit like Oswald - who's already on the FBI/CIA watchlist - is well worth it..... doesn't sound logical to me.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Except that cutting down on the risks doesn't entail helping Oswald get caught.... so that it then becomes necessary to hire Jack Ruby to keep him from talking.... and then Ruby might talk... and the whole thing generates endless conspiracy theories about how Oswald was set up.

Well, we wouldn't tell Oswald he was set up or even tell him who we were. Maybe we'd tell him we were Soviet handlers and he'd never know we were CIA.

But that's just a plot for a movie.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
For me, the biggest angle is how the motorcade route was publicized beforehand, how the route was determined, and how Oswald - already on the FBI/CIA watchlists - had just "coincidentally" gotten a job at that very building 3 weeks earlier.
It's like winning the lottery.

But... someone wins the lottery almost every day.

See, the odds of me winning the lottery are long indeed. But there are millions of lottery ticket buyers out there. And I wonder, how many people out there has the motorcade of a President passed over the years? All the bystanders, homeowners, people at work? It must number into the 8 figures, at least.

It's only fantastic if you look only at Oswald. Yet he was just one of many millions of people who have had the chance to do what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
"In the three-year period which followed the murder of President Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald, 18 material witnesses died - six by gunfire, three in motor accidents, two by suicide, one from a cut throat, one from a karate chop to the neck, three from heart attacks and two from natural causes.

An actuary, engaged by the "London Sunday Times," concluded that on November 22, 1963, the odds against these witnesses being dead by February 1967, were one hundred thousand trillion to one."

Yeah, Oswald acted alone.
Right.

And that calculation involved considering that the dead were the only witnesses. When you stop to understand that there were, literally, thousands of of 'material witnesses'. For example, some of these 'material witnesses' include reporters who covered the story. Can you imagine how many reporters covered the assassination? Thousands. Another was a friend of a columnist who interviewed Ruby. So now everyone who is friends with someone who interviewed Jack Ruby is a 'material witness'. Another is someone involved in the investigation. How many people - local, federal - do you suppose were involved in the investigation? Into the four figures, certainly.

Given that most of these people would have been middle-aged, it would be a minor miracle if far, far more than 18 (the number cited by the times) weren't dead within three years of the assassination.

And this is precisely why I find interacting with conspiracists so similar to discussions with creationists - their willingness to believe the sheerest nonsense. Here's an example of how easy it is to assemble such laughably absurd 'lists of people being nefariously whacked':

All the people the Clintons have supposedly offed:
http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/lib...y/bdycount.txt

And all the people the Bushes have supposedly offed:
GeorgeWalkerBush.net - Bush Death List

Same nonsense at work.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
My first assessment doesn't validate the knoll theory. I mention the knoll to point out the possibility of multiple shooters for the purpose of decreasing the chance of failure that day. I don't claim the victim was hit by someone from the knoll. He was hit in the back, both back and head. Rounds could have flown from both the book building and the knoll, with only the building rounds hitting the victim. That would both validate and invalidate the knoll theory, in a way.

Right. I was merely offering my answer to the question you asked:

Would it or wouldn't it validate the Grassy Knoll theory.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, we wouldn't tell Oswald he was set up or even tell him who we were. Maybe we'd tell him we were Soviet handlers and he'd never know we were CIA.

But that's just a plot for a movie.

.... and then the first thing out of Oswald's mouth... "I'm just a patsy". Could have just been the standard denial of guilt in his own words. But I've never been convinced either way that Oswald was or wasn't part of a broader conspiracy. But...It all seems very suspicious. Oswald just happens to get a job at that building, and then two weeks later, the parade gets routed by his window... and published in the newspaper for him to read.

It could have been a conspiracy no more complex than somebody throwing the dog a bone and waiting to see if he pounces on it.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:22 PM

Warning: wild speculation below.

Considering the number of people who died not long after the the day as the list post #156 shows, I just started wondering if that day was just one of a number the various perps (if applicable) choose but didn't follow through until that day. Maybe there were different plans for before and after that day. Maybe a plan was rejected. Maybe a plan started to be implemented but was called off for whatever reason. Esteemed people having various opinions on who was responsible for the assassination backs this up further. Ex: the fb_i agent talks about Milteer; Robert Blakey, who wrote the RICO laws used to prosecute the mob thinks its the mob that did it; Jesse Ventura believes William Harvey of ci_a and some guy named David Morales did it, etc.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colobuff View Post
A recent JFK thread "Where Were You When" has given me pause to ask the question:

If, after all these years, definitive proof of a JFK conspiracy surfaced, what would be the reaction from:

1. The public
2. The establishment
3. The U.S. government

And, perhaps most importantly, what would it mean for the future of the country? Insurrection? Indifference? Somewhere in between? Most people believe there was a conspiracy. But they are not sure. What if they were sure?

Thoughts?
At this point, a shrug of the shoulders. The conspirators almost certainly wouldn't be alive today to prosecute. Plus a very large percentage of the country has looked at the evidence ad nauseam and concluded that there was a conspiracy anyway.

And, given the track records of most of the presidents since Kennedy, not to mention the continuing corruption of our institutions, you couldn't exactly point to a sudden erosion of trust in the establishment. Hell, those guys have been betraying our trust for decades. Why do you think unhinged populists such as Trump and Sanders have such traction today? Because people are willing to vote for any idiot who doesn't represent the establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History