Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,012 times

Advertisements

Photo #1 Main Panel, look at the white paint first, see a bird figure of wings and a head, look at it's right wing(on your left as you look at it), it is the "Big Angel". The Red Paint is the most vivid red I have ever seen in a pictograph, and it tells a story.

Photo #2 A closeup of the Big Angel. The symbol of rain is at her left, a symbol of red inside her is a representation of a heart.

Photo #3 Orion in red, he is located at the left of photo #1 as a first feature character of this story panel. (He has always been my hero)

Photo #4 A bad photo of myself but look at the shadow cast by the sun, creating a pointed figure of light, it travels down this panel to different locations as the sun moves between solstices.

Photo #5 Another view of how the sun shadow "Light figure" passes, and it's shape is also pecked inside the shelter as a character itself.

I hope I get to finish this project and publish it properly
Attached Thumbnails
Orion's Angel Pictograph Debut-karens-orions-angels-004.jpg   Orion's Angel Pictograph Debut-karens-orions-angels-001.jpg   Orion's Angel Pictograph Debut-karens-orions-angels-017.jpg   Orion's Angel Pictograph Debut-karens-orions-angels-003.jpg   Orion's Angel Pictograph Debut-karens-orions-angels-013.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Why don't you discuss these pictograph's and what they represent to you from an historical perspective?

It will help develop a discussion.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM

I have not presented my questions properly , sorry! I am still very new to city data forum, and still learning what to post and how to post it.
My Angel, is a pictograph written prior to 1392 AD by a culture of people not completely identified except called "Fremont Culture". There are angels on this rock shelter, and a scene showing a creation type message in pictograph form. This rock shelter is also a funerary site, and a solar calander marking the equinox and solstice periods by shining light or shadows on certain figures at different times. This site has also "Barrier Canyon " style of writing on it, which is said to be 10,000 years old (also an unidentified People). My questions are, if there is anyone out there reading this that can help me find more information of other sites that are similar to help me identify these people and where they came from, let alone why they "vanished I would appreciate that very much.
Sincerely, OrionsAngel

Old 02-17-2008, 11:35 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Firstly thanks for bringing this up as i never knew these peoples existed before. It looks like the experts don't know what happened to then either as they disapeared about the same time as the Anasazi did in the same region of the Colorado Rocky region USA.

What do you think about these peoples OrionsAngel??

Fremont culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM

I have studied this group for several years, with some of the local BLM archaeologists whom have gathered the artifacts and done studies that seem to be unpublished. I understand why some are unpublished, as the sites are sometimes destroyed it seems soon as a new site is revealed. In some places in Utah, it has been rhumored someone is deliberatly destroying them. I have been to several sites to view the gunshot holes superimposing the fragile artwork. I have read articles in newspapers that compare the writings to modern day graffitti. We must mock what we do not understand? These people are different in enough qualities that they have not been classified as a certain people from a certain place. I can tell you they had birthing scenes, chiefly scenes, star scenes as well as a spectrum of unknown symbolisms that they tried to relate to others. I have seen a "headhunter"scene. I have been on digs where their pottery is not the same as Anasazi, but lived in the Puebloan II period. I have photographed sites that even have a rare use of Azurite as a color scheme. The Big Chief is almost always depicted with large feet or hands and usually dressed with antlers on his head, not buffalo horn capped like the shaman, and yes there are plenty of shaman in these sites also. They have many similarities to Anasazi, so they could be a tribe that had been banished? I have been to a fortress site that was said to be the last of the area, and it had carbon dated to 1500AD, but that could have been used by others after Fremont cultures were gone. They left their belongings in place, many pots were found along the rivers, many things we will never see as they are in private collections or sent to larger museums around the country. The petroglyphs have been largely ignored as illegible, but they are being revealed to be solar calander markers, as long as anyone has the time to study them. They have been moved and demolished,so mines and oilfields that are waking up this part of the country dont have to delay those productions. The guys who have collected the best finds, work for those companies who did siesmagraphs and are drilling in virgin territory. It is a shame, as we may never know who they really were or what happened to them. Thanks for your interest!! I always love to talk about them, as I will never be able to learn enough!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 AM

I just made a discovery about this Rock Shelter's character features. The figures represented are celestial, Orion, the Angel, Gemini, and the sun, a dog like figure, and it goes along with what I found at this website;
The Celestial Sphinx, a Sumerian Cylinder-seal and the Place of Purification
WOW! I never thought I would understand the meaning of this panel so well as I do now. I am thinking this is much more ancient than "Fremont culture" age.
Mouseketeer, do you have any thoughts on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History