U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-04-2017, 06:57 PM
 
Location: So Ca
19,407 posts, read 17,533,557 times
Reputation: 17009

Advertisements

Newly released government documents regarding President Kennedy's assassination say allegations that Lee Harvey Oswald was connected to the CIA were "totally unfounded."

Latest JFK files say no evidence found of CIA link to Oswald - LA Times
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Calif
667 posts, read 331,662 times
Reputation: 1483
I think it was a small group of people that had it done. Mafia, with Johnson and Oswald as the stooge to do the deed because he's an idiot follower needing to be someone and to him, being ONE of the trigger men would give him the acceptance he coveted. But you can bet your hiney Johnson was in on it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
 
13,693 posts, read 19,826,670 times
Reputation: 22837
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I think it was a small group of people that had it done. Mafia, with Johnson and Oswald as the stooge to do the deed because he's an idiot follower needing to be someone and to him, being ONE of the trigger men would give him the acceptance he coveted. But you can bet your hiney Johnson was in on it.
I can bet more than my "hiney" that Johnson was NOT in on it, because there is NOT ONE shred of evidence, not to mention NOT ONE shred of motivation, that he was in on it.

There have been so many topics here in this forum on the JFK assassination, many with my comments, so I don't want to go over that ground again in dismissing one silly conspiracy theory after another (most of which conflicted with each other). I've already covered that ground. However there is one theory I hear recently that at least makes sense besides that he was just a lone nutball...well he was, but it's possible he was being groomed for an assassination attempt by Russian KGB during his living in Russia. Khrushev later dismissed any planning as too risky but it appears Oswald didn't get the message and chose to go "lone wolf" and do the act anyways.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,139 posts, read 22,865,901 times
Reputation: 23285
Mafia would be my guess. But it is only a guess. You might want to read the biography of Judith Exner. There is usually a motive for murders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Exner
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM
 
10,705 posts, read 10,351,206 times
Reputation: 34341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I can bet more than my "hiney" that Johnson was NOT in on it, because there is NOT ONE shred of evidence, not to mention NOT ONE shred of motivation, that he was in on it.

There have been so many topics here in this forum on the JFK assassination, many with my comments, so I don't want to go over that ground again in dismissing one silly conspiracy theory after another (most of which conflicted with each other). I've already covered that ground. However there is one theory I hear recently that at least makes sense besides that he was just a lone nutball...well he was, but it's possible he was being groomed for an assassination attempt by Russian KGB during his living in Russia. Khrushev later dismissed any planning as too risky but it appears Oswald didn't get the message and chose to go "lone wolf" and do the act anyways.
Someone always has to claim that LBJ was "in on it".

Never is any proof presented. It is not history. It is hysterical speculation.

Honestly, I think making an unfounded accusation that someone is involved in a murder ought to subject one to a lawsuit for defamation of character. When that person is a public figure it does not because the libel laws are interpreted in a manner to allow the broadest freedom of speech possible.

I have no regard for people who make accusations without proof. Lyndon Johnson undoubtedly had some character flaws. He may have even broken criminal laws when it came to various elections he ran in in the state of Texas. Nothing resembling evidence has ever been presented that he was part of a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy. I find it disgusting that so many people are willing to spread this kind of poison without corroborating it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM
 
Location: stuck in the woods with bears and moose
22,353 posts, read 21,432,895 times
Reputation: 39699
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Someone always has to claim that LBJ was "in on it".

Never is any proof presented. It is not history. It is hysterical speculation.

Honestly, I think making an unfounded accusation that someone is involved in a murder ought to subject one to a lawsuit for defamation of character. When that person is a public figure it does not because the libel laws are interpreted in a manner to allow the broadest freedom of speech possible.

I have no regard for people who make accusations without proof. Lyndon Johnson undoubtedly had some character flaws. He may have even broken criminal laws when it came to various elections he ran in in the state of Texas. Nothing resembling evidence has ever been presented that he was part of a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy. I find it disgusting that so many people are willing to spread this kind of poison without corroborating it.
There isn't really any proof of anything when it comes to the assassination. It's speculation. There's also no proof Lee Harvey Oswald did it. No one saw him do it. Maybe he did it but he was set up. No one really knows.

LBJ is reported to have known about it. That's speculation too. It was said by his mistress at the time that he told her at a party the night before that he wouldn't have to worry about those Kennedys anymore after tomorrow (something to that effect.) He had just come away from a meeting or a talk with some people who were in the know.

There are all sorts of accusations made against many people and it's all speculation. Proof is almost impossible to find because so much evidence was destroyed and so many people killed off before they could speak.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
6,440 posts, read 4,223,306 times
Reputation: 11256
Probably one of the basic reasons that people believe in conspiracy theories is the human mind's attachment to the notion of a well ordered universe where there has to be a significant reason for tragedy to befall someone of importance who is admired and respected by the general public.


In fact most of human existence for most of us and even those of historical importance is often no more than a series of random events some good and others resulting in very bad endings. The idea that a mentally challenged loner could inflict death and destruction to a President is unbelievable to some people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
 
Location: stuck in the woods with bears and moose
22,353 posts, read 21,432,895 times
Reputation: 39699
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Probably one of the basic reasons that people believe in conspiracy theories is the human mind's attachment to the notion of a well ordered universe where there has to be a significant reason for tragedy to befall someone of importance who is admired and respected by the general public.


In fact most of human existence for most of us and even those of historical importance is often no more than a series of random events some good and others resulting in very bad endings. The idea that a mentally challenged loner could inflict death and destruction to a President is unbelievable to some people.
Maybe some people do make a general practice of believing in "conspiracy theories." In those cases your ideas would apply.

But most people simply want the truth to be known. There's no need to analyze why. They just want the truth no matter what it is.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 05:06 PM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
31,169 posts, read 68,042,542 times
Reputation: 37003
Has no one else in this thread read The Third Bullet book?

Hunter does an admirable job of aligning the logistics needed to run a project like this
...and the politics that can shift it all into tail wagging the dog snafu.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2017, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,759 posts, read 1,274,828 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RUlz View Post
I would love to read everyone's thoughts.
If you go to Dallas and go to the spot where JFK was killed, just hang around for five minutes and see how many theorists come up to you selling their DVD that contains “previously unheard facts”.

On another note, there is a spot marked on the street where JFK was when he was killed that tourists from all over the world use as the spot for taking pictures or selfies. Sorry, but I find that repulsive.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top