U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 12:48 PM

63,396 posts, read 60,124,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
If you go to Dallas and go to the spot where JFK was killed, just hang around for five minutes and see how many theorists come up to you selling their DVD that contains “previously unheard facts”.

On another note, there is a spot marked on the street where JFK was when he was killed that tourists from all over the world use as the spot for taking pictures or selfies. Sorry, but I find that repulsive.
That's popular, I think, in places where disaster occurred.

I am a 9/11 WTC survivor, and I work again near the new WTC and 9/11 Memorial. You always see people taking grinning selfies next to the walls surrounding the pools with the names of the dead.

I did see a security guard more than once yell at a teenager/20-something who had jumped up and planted their butt on the wall--meaning on top of the names--to take a selfie. I heard one yell at a kid one time, "This is a memorial--it's not Disney World."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 06:48 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,564,106 times
Lee Harvey Oswalds brother just died last week and he maintained until his last breath that his brother acted alone and that no one else was involved.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 5,830,448 times
Who had the biggest motive? LBJ.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:45 PM

16,923 posts, read 10,139,495 times
Oswald. All by himself.
He just got lucky.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 AM

8,757 posts, read 4,315,442 times
Who was the other shooter(s)? We`ll never know but a fascinating book about the CIA and spymaster Allen Dulles called The Devil`s Chessboard is very revealing. Dulles couldn`t deal with the fact that JFK was not a Cold Warrior. If FDR had survived the war Dulles would have been tried for treason for buddying up to the Nazis before during and after WW2. He was the worst of the worst and the Warren Commission was actually the Dulles Commission.

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Chessb.../dp/0062276174

Old 12-09-2017, 07:30 PM

2,201 posts, read 877,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Maybe some people do make a general practice of believing in "conspiracy theories." In those cases your ideas would apply.

But most people simply want the truth to be known. There's no need to analyze why. They just want the truth no matter what it is.
Ruby killing Oswald complicates matters in the minds of many as well. As does the fact that JFK's brother Bobby was also assassinated when his own presidential campaign was going very well four and a half years later.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:44 PM

2,201 posts, read 877,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I can bet more than my "hiney" that Johnson was NOT in on it, because there is NOT ONE shred of evidence, not to mention NOT ONE shred of motivation, that he was in on it.

There have been so many topics here in this forum on the JFK assassination, many with my comments, so I don't want to go over that ground again in dismissing one silly conspiracy theory after another (most of which conflicted with each other). I've already covered that ground. However there is one theory I hear recently that at least makes sense besides that he was just a lone nutball...well he was, but it's possible he was being groomed for an assassination attempt by Russian KGB during his living in Russia. Khrushev later dismissed any planning as too risky but it appears Oswald didn't get the message and chose to go "lone wolf" and do the act anyways.
In Norman Mailer's biography of Oswald he claims that Oswald's small social circle in Minsk included the son of a personal friend of Khrushchev.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:39 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,564,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Who had the biggest motive? LBJ.
My Dad always believed LBJ had something to do with it also. But I don't.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:59 PM

36,765 posts, read 11,800,197 times
As Jackie said, a silly little communist.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:35 PM

3,186 posts, read 3,024,874 times
If you mean the trigger pullers, probably:
Charles Harrelson
James Sutton Files
Charles Nicoletti
Malcolm Wallace

if you mean the 'conductors' you'd have to understand how the intelligence apparatus functioned and who had the ability to control / orchestrate at highest levels (James J. Angleton, Richard Bissell, Charles Cabell, Allen Dulles, Richard Helms). Sort of like assembling all the players at Dealey plaza like the 'passenger' list on the Orient Express in Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express.

Most of the 'loose ends' not cleaned up in the immediate aftermath of Dallas from Kennedy's assassination were eliminated before the Church Committee (1975) could talk to them. Lots of convenient deaths / accidents etc... a hallmark of the spook trade.

Lot of people with various political interests and familial bad blood (father Joseph Kennedy's dealing with mafia, from various illegal activities (bootlegging in prohibition, prostitution, drugs) and their helping get his son elected and then having them 'turn' on them by investigating their activities (RFK as attorney general) wanted JFK (based on his policies) dead. The CIA wanted him dead after the Bay of Pigs Anti Cuban fiasco and his notorious quote about wanting to break it up into a thousand pieces.

The military industrial complex Eisenhower spoke of had vested interest in continuing conflicts and escalating armament manufacturing 'military actions' (Vietnam); the Dixie mafia: Marcello, Trafficante, (note there was a threat to JFK in Tampa about a month before Dallas trip) Israel was going nuclear with the Dimona Reactor and JFK wanted to negate that, the Fed etc.. oh and recently noted the Mayor of Dallas Cabell was CIA asset. Who had the ability to alter presidential motorcade route? [Easily deployed as Dallas Police.]
https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/08/02/da...ion-cia-asset/

There will always be a group of people who accept the government narrative but the Nicholas Katzenbach memo written almost immediately after the assassination spells out the narrative those in charge wanted to propagate.
https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Katzenbach_Memo.html

No all encompassing thorough investigation, but rather a 'filtered' and planned investigation and controlled release and prompt conclusion (nothing to see here move along) .

Here's some good content to prove that others were involved. So, yes it is a conspiracy - what LHO role was - well I tend to believe he was what he stated he was - "a patsy". Especially, since the cleaning crew (Jack Ruby/Rubinstein) immediately ended any possibility of him talking as well as many other key kill zone area witnesses in the next few years.

Then anyone who continued investigating independently like Dorothy Kilgallen (she spoke with Jack Ruby/ Rubinstein) and what happened that day and the connections between people in charge of the investigation conveniently was killed and their 'work' confiscated and never found. Or the collateral victims like Mary Pinchot Meyer (Cord Meyer's wife who was one of JFK's lovers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQdnAcCbXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_06iHdM3A

Overall the JFK assassination is a great study in how to keep the masses confused / conflicted and an investigation 'politically' bottled up, so that they never ask the difficult questions because if they ask difficult questions they may not like the answer and then might begin questioning who and how things are run in the higher echelons of government. Even the politicians who didn't believe the story line - like the single bullet - conveniently died like Hale Boggs one of the Warren Commission panel members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History