U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-02-2020, 07:19 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 19,619,209 times
Reputation: 22374

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Actually, the idea that GHW Bush was not in the CIA at the time of the JFK assassination destroys your post. One of his missions in the early 60's was to organize transport of supplies to those training for the attack on the Bay of Pigs. That was a CIA operation and the ship he used was named The Barbara. His oil business was used a cover for his CIA activities. (He's also the only person in the country who claimed he was unable to remember where he was at the time of the JFK assassination.) [/url]

Your statement that the Warren Commission was bi-parisan is correct. The JFK assassination was a bi-partisan coup d' etat.
How does it destroy my post?
The statement by the one poster was simple "GHW Bush was part of the Warren Commission", before it started to get into the outer limits of discussion (Iraq War, Halliburton, etc).
The answer is also simple - he was not.
Period.

In 1963 he was just entering politics, decorated military veteran, and successful businessman. So are you suggesting a new theory? - GHW Bush assassinated JFK? Does this factor into the "mob killed JFK" theory or the "CIA killed JFK" theory. Just trying to understand the connections here.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-02-2020 at 07:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:07 AM
 
382 posts, read 49,034 times
Reputation: 405
As someone who has been as deeply steeped in the JFK assassination as anyone could possibly be, I find the trajectory goes like this:

When you know only a little about the assassination, at the level of the media and YouTube, you strongly suspect there had to be a conspiracy ... if you dive deeper, you gradually reach the point where you're "sure" there was a conspiracy, and probably quite a complex and nefarious one ... if you dive even deeper, you eventually latch onto a pet conspiracy theory and descend down a bottomless rabbit hole of conspiracy theorizing with fellow believers ... when you finally, really know what you're talking about, and if you're able by some miracle of rational thinking to peek your head out of the rabbit hole, you finally realize the plain, simple truth: Lee Harvey Oswald did it, all by himself and with a minimum of planning and preparation.

Lee Harvey Oswald did it, folks. Case closed. He was a fascinating character, a fascinating psychological study. But he was not a false defector, a false Marxist, an FBI informant, a CIA operative or Prayer Man on the TSBD steps. EVERY conspiracy theory - and there are plenty of superficially plausible ones, precisely because so many disparate groups and individuals despised JFK and benefitted from his death - is forced to invent a cartoonish Lee Harvey Oswald who bears no relation to the real man and then to insert this cardboard figure into the theory only because you do have to account for Oswald somehow.

Believe me, Conspiracy World is Alice In Wonderland Revisited. Conspiracy Logic bears no relation to real logic. Conspiracy Evidence bears no relation to real evidence. Conspiracy Hucksters are world-class hucksters. Conspiracy Belief is a religion, as whacked-out and fundamentalist as any religion on the planet.

No, I am not going to debate the evidence. Been there, done that, from both sides.

Play the Conspiracy Game if you enjoy it and can keep it a mere hobby. But that is very, very difficult to do. It's a road to nowhere, except insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:12 AM
 
3,444 posts, read 1,412,800 times
Reputation: 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
How's that?
I have several threads here trying to understand the logical connections.
And you came up with Barr being involved at the age of13?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:16 AM
 
3,444 posts, read 1,412,800 times
Reputation: 8091
Nonsense. No one who does in fact research the issue can come up with Oswald as the answer, unless that was what they were trying to prove all along. The rabbit hole is provided by all the disinformation that gets pumped into the conversation, even to the present day, including your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
As someone who has been as deeply steeped in the JFK assassination as anyone could possibly be, I find the trajectory goes like this:

When you know only a little about the assassination, at the level of the media and YouTube, you strongly suspect there had to be a conspiracy ... if you dive deeper, you gradually reach the point where you're "sure" there was a conspiracy, and probably quite a complex and nefarious one ... if you dive even deeper, you eventually latch onto a pet conspiracy theory and descend down a bottomless rabbit hole of conspiracy theorizing with fellow believers ... when you finally, really know what you're talking about, and if you're able by some miracle of rational thinking to peek your head out of the rabbit hole, you finally realize the plain, simple truth: Lee Harvey Oswald did it, all by himself and with a minimum of planning and preparation.

Lee Harvey Oswald did it, folks. Case closed. He was a fascinating character, a fascinating psychological study. But he was not a false defector, a false Marxist, an FBI informant, a CIA operative or Prayer Man on the TSBD steps. EVERY conspiracy theory - and there are plenty of superficially plausible ones, precisely because so many disparate groups and individuals despised JFK and benefitted from his death - is forced to invent a cartoonish Lee Harvey Oswald who bears no relation to the real man and then to insert this cardboard figure into the theory only because you do have to account for Oswald somehow.

Believe me, Conspiracy World is Alice In Wonderland Revisited. Conspiracy Logic bears no relation to real logic. Conspiracy Evidence bears no relation to real evidence. Conspiracy Hucksters are world-class hucksters. Conspiracy Belief is a religion, as whacked-out and fundamentalist as any religion on the planet.

No, I am not going to debate the evidence. Been there, done that, from both sides.

Play the Conspiracy Game if you enjoy it and can keep it a mere hobby. But that is very, very difficult to do. It's a road to nowhere, except insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
3,775 posts, read 6,202,982 times
Reputation: 4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
As someone who has been as deeply steeped in the JFK assassination as anyone could possibly be, I find the trajectory goes like this:

When you know only a little about the assassination, at the level of the media and YouTube, you strongly suspect there had to be a conspiracy ... if you dive deeper, you gradually reach the point where you're "sure" there was a conspiracy, and probably quite a complex and nefarious one ... if you dive even deeper, you eventually latch onto a pet conspiracy theory and descend down a bottomless rabbit hole of conspiracy theorizing with fellow believers ... when you finally, really know what you're talking about, and if you're able by some miracle of rational thinking to peek your head out of the rabbit hole, you finally realize the plain, simple truth: Lee Harvey Oswald did it, all by himself and with a minimum of planning and preparation.

Lee Harvey Oswald did it, folks. Case closed. He was a fascinating character, a fascinating psychological study. But he was not a false defector, a false Marxist, an FBI informant, a CIA operative or Prayer Man on the TSBD steps. EVERY conspiracy theory - and there are plenty of superficially plausible ones, precisely because so many disparate groups and individuals despised JFK and benefitted from his death - is forced to invent a cartoonish Lee Harvey Oswald who bears no relation to the real man and then to insert this cardboard figure into the theory only because you do have to account for Oswald somehow.

Believe me, Conspiracy World is Alice In Wonderland Revisited. Conspiracy Logic bears no relation to real logic. Conspiracy Evidence bears no relation to real evidence. Conspiracy Hucksters are world-class hucksters. Conspiracy Belief is a religion, as whacked-out and fundamentalist as any religion on the planet.

No, I am not going to debate the evidence. Been there, done that, from both sides.

Play the Conspiracy Game if you enjoy it and can keep it a mere hobby. But that is very, very difficult to do. It's a road to nowhere, except insanity.
With the mounting evidence now against this viewpoint, the real conspiracy theory is actually believing that LHO did it by himself.

But, sadly, you've got your truth and you're not debating any of the evidence! Case closed!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:21 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 19,619,209 times
Reputation: 22374
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
And you came up with Barr being involved at the age of13?
What's wrong with a break for levity for such a serious manner? Particularly since you guys get so angry and defensive if anyone disagrees with your conspiracy theories. You guys need to lighten up a bit. That was one post by the way, I count nine posts I have in this thread from the last couple of days.
Let's get back to the topic shall we?

Last edited by Dd714; 06-02-2020 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:28 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 19,619,209 times
Reputation: 22374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
As someone who has been as deeply steeped in the JFK assassination as anyone could possibly be, I find the trajectory goes like this:

When you know only a little about the assassination, at the level of the media and YouTube, you strongly suspect there had to be a conspiracy ... if you dive deeper, you gradually reach the point where you're "sure" there was a conspiracy, and probably quite a complex and nefarious one ... if you dive even deeper, you eventually latch onto a pet conspiracy theory and descend down a bottomless rabbit hole of conspiracy theorizing with fellow believers ... when you finally, really know what you're talking about, and if you're able by some miracle of rational thinking to peek your head out of the rabbit hole, you finally realize the plain, simple truth: Lee Harvey Oswald did it, all by himself and with a minimum of planning and preparation.

Lee Harvey Oswald did it, folks. Case closed. He was a fascinating character, a fascinating psychological study. But he was not a false defector, a false Marxist, an FBI informant, a CIA operative or Prayer Man on the TSBD steps. EVERY conspiracy theory - and there are plenty of superficially plausible ones, precisely because so many disparate groups and individuals despised JFK and benefitted from his death - is forced to invent a cartoonish Lee Harvey Oswald who bears no relation to the real man and then to insert this cardboard figure into the theory only because you do have to account for Oswald somehow.

Believe me, Conspiracy World is Alice In Wonderland Revisited. Conspiracy Logic bears no relation to real logic. Conspiracy Evidence bears no relation to real evidence. Conspiracy Hucksters are world-class hucksters. Conspiracy Belief is a religion, as whacked-out and fundamentalist as any religion on the planet.

No, I am not going to debate the evidence. Been there, done that, from both sides.

Play the Conspiracy Game if you enjoy it and can keep it a mere hobby. But that is very, very difficult to do. It's a road to nowhere, except insanity.
Welcome to the forum. Tough crowd here as you can see.
I always thought, if it did involve a conspiracy, it might be that Oswald though of himself as a KGB agent of sorts. I think I discussed in a previous thread that Khrushchev considered grooming him as an assassin but then dismissed it as too risky and Oswald as too unreliable. However Oswald decided to "lone wolf" it anyways.
Opinions on that? Everyone else here is too angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 11:05 AM
 
4,991 posts, read 2,305,254 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What's wrong with a break for levity for such a serious manner? Particularly since you guys get so angry and defensive if anyone disagrees with your conspiracy theories. You guys need to lighten up a bit. That was one post by the way, I count nine posts I have in this thread from the last couple of days.
Let's get back to the topic shall we?
Did my last post satisfy any of your questions?

Funny you want to get back on topic when you were never on it in the first place. And I'm someone who barely cares about any of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
3,775 posts, read 6,202,982 times
Reputation: 4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Did my last post satisfy any of your questions?

Funny you want to get back on topic when you were never on it in the first place. And I'm someone who barely cares about any of this.
Good catch. That poster derailed the topic and then wanted to bring it back on topic. What? lol

And I don't see anyone being unreasonable. There seems to be some odd projecting going on from that side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 11:58 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 19,619,209 times
Reputation: 22374
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Did my last post satisfy any of your questions?

Funny you want to get back on topic when you were never on it in the first place. And I'm someone who barely cares about any of this.
No not fully, see post #159 where I thanked you for your response and had once again some follow up questions. Thanks for your patience.

Not sure why you say never on it - we had a good discussion going that was all totally on topic although you called my questions "stupid". What is it with you guys? Man last discussion I had like this was in the P&C forum, which is why I avoid it now.

Edit: Let's discuss further because it's curious now we have the CIA angle and it seems the motive from the other guy may be some military-industrial complex shadow group which involved a hodgepodge of just about everyone, who were mad at JFK (which is kind of strange, considering that JFK was in the process of escalating the conflict in Vietnam and thus giving the military-industrial complex tons of business)...so curious, how does that jive with your mafia motivation of it being because JFK somehow betrayed the Chicago outfit and Giancana? Don't the two contradict each other? Thanks in advance for your response which I hope will be civil.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-02-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top