U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2020, 06:58 PM
 
Location: stuck in the woods with bears and moose
21,955 posts, read 21,058,661 times
Reputation: 38704

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I said that about 400 posts ago, speaking from a really vast base of knowledge about the case, and I don't think I got any responses. As I know from l-o-n-g experience, the conspiracy community is a quasi-religious, quasi-fundamentalist, cult-like body of True Believers. We may not agree on which of the 40 or so diametrically opposed, mutually exclusive conspiracy theories is correct, but we know damn well Oswald didn't do it and you're either an idiot of Part of the Plot if you insist he did.
I'd like to know how many of the people who think LHO acted alone were even alive when Kennedy was shot. A lot of younger people come along and think they know it all and that we who had to live through it are just cult-like crazy True Believers (or something along those lines.)

Yes, a lot of the stuff that some people have come up with is bunk. It's crazy and maybe they're just trying to make money selling books. But the energy in the country was so high in those days, he was going to give us a chance to change the world. No more discrimination against black people, education and assistance for poverty stricken countries would be provided, in part by us, the American kids, in the form of the Peace Corps. Eisenhower's warnings of the Military Industrial Complex were forgotten for a while. Things were good. Things would always keep getting better.

JFK was headstrong, took too many risks, thought he would get away with it. Put the mob in prison--(fat chance! ) Help black people--(don't you dare!) He didn't even seem to know that he had enemies within the government. We had always gotten along just fine, the President and the behind the scenes parts of the government, or so he seemed to think. I think he must have known that the FBI and J. Edgar Hoover weren't on his side yet he still threw all caution to the wind. Did he know about the previous assassination attempt in (I think) Miami? He must have but he still went ahead to Dallas. Headstrong, risk taking, going against the grain of what some really influential people wanted. He courted death.

Oh--Oswald DID do it. I, for one, have never said that he didn't do it. But he was set up. He worked for the CIA probably--that's how he got to go live in Russia and then got to come back with no problem. In those days people didn't even go to Russia, let alone be ushered back like a VIP. LHO was weird and he was gullible. He wasn't lying when he said he was just a patsy.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2020, 09:10 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 3,024,874 times
Reputation: 7056
A summary of the "theories" by type, with lots of information that gets 'buried' showing connections rarely mentioned. The reader can make up their own mind.
https://www.sott.net/article/269027-...ly-Unspeakable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 12:19 AM
 
1,756 posts, read 410,577 times
Reputation: 1975

Find the brain, find the bad guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 06:48 AM
 
10,456 posts, read 10,183,657 times
Reputation: 33499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I said that about 400 posts ago, speaking from a really vast base of knowledge about the case, and I don't think I got any responses. As I know from l-o-n-g experience, the conspiracy community is a quasi-religious, quasi-fundamentalist, cult-like body of True Believers. We may not agree on which of the 40 or so diametrically opposed, mutually exclusive conspiracy theories is correct, but we know damn well Oswald didn't do it and you're either an idiot of Part of the Plot if you insist he did.
I sort of see your point here even though yes, I believe Oswald acted alone.

My problem is that conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination are so multitudinous that they are laughable. Maybe the mob killed him. Maybe the Russians did. However, what is typical is for someone to come online and state a variety of inconsistent facts that suggest literally a dozen different groups could have been responsible for his assassination. That's just freakin' ridiculous.

My feeling is that if others had been involved that fifty-seven years later the evidence would clearly point in one direction. It doesn't. I mentioned the fact earlier that FBI wiretaps of organized crime have often picked up conversations about gangland murders committed by mafioso including some truly blood curdling admissions. However, no wiretapping done has ever uncovered a tape of mafioso confessing to involvement in the JFK assassination.

If you make conclusions in life based on evidence rather than just coincidence and speculation, you conclude the most likely outcome here is that Oswald acted alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 09:20 AM
 
Location: stuck in the woods with bears and moose
21,955 posts, read 21,058,661 times
Reputation: 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
A summary of the "theories" by type, with lots of information that gets 'buried' showing connections rarely mentioned. The reader can make up their own mind.
https://www.sott.net/article/269027-...ly-Unspeakable
That's one of the best articles on this subject that I've ever seen.

"I want to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds," Mike Mansfield heard him say.

The further you read, the more it makes sense. And we are nearly certain that LHO worked as a spy for the CIA, which is why he was sent to Russia and then welcomed back so easily. Fidel Castro and his Communists had a lot to do with the reasons for what was going on in terms of political unrest. Kennedy didn't want war with Cuba. The CIA did. Seems like the CIA ruled this country and they were probably the most responsible for the coup that killed Kennedy and changed the course of our country. It's probably why we are in the mess we are in today.

I don't go for silly, crazy made up theories. None of these younger generation's brainless ideas that man never walked on the moon or Pres Bush did 911. I am simply a seeker of the truth of why President Kennedy was killed. It was the beginning of the downhill slide for this country and we should care and we should know.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 11:32 AM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
30,359 posts, read 67,008,413 times
Reputation: 35980
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
My feeling is that if others had been involved
that fifty-seven years later the evidence would clearly point in one direction.
My feeling is that there is NO (as in zero) sensible reason to hold that conclusion.
That the events leading to or following w/should be known let alone expected to be found or to point clearly in any direction.

Some basic discretion/competency by the actor(s) and 60 years for the voices to die is all it takes
...and are far more sensible reasons to believe expecting any 'clearly point' argument has no merit.

Quote:
Seems like (one or two people sometime at/with) CIA...
Getting warmer.

Last edited by MrRational; 07-08-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 11:40 AM
 
8,759 posts, read 4,315,442 times
Reputation: 4871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I've got a brother who is one of those Harley guys.
He swears, believes it down to his bones, that "loud pipes save lives" .
Your brother will someday need hearing aids like this retired steelworker does. Advise him to wear hearing protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 12:11 PM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
30,359 posts, read 67,008,413 times
Reputation: 35980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Your brother will someday need hearing aids like this retired steelworker does.
Advise him to wear hearing protection.
He's finally on board with this aspect of the noise being made...
that 98% of it is within 5 feet of the motorcycle. Only took him 30 years.

But he's still suffering under the oh so frequently repeated nonsense about it saving lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 04:08 PM
 
1,756 posts, read 410,577 times
Reputation: 1975
So the most important piece of forensic evidence, Kennedy’s brain removed at autopsy and in government custody, goes missing and almost nobody notices or cares? Forensic evidence so central it would have inevitably led to the unraveling of all the mysteries surrounding the assassination at some point as the science of forensics advanced.

Couch this in an official story line about a suspect who missed a stationary target at a hundred feet with his rifle supposedly hitting a moving target at greater distance months later in a rapid series of shots no expert marksman has been able to replicate under the same conditions with the same rifle. A suspect who is then assassinated by a shady nightclub owner before he could talk supposedly because the shady assassin was insane with grief.

The list of concoctions comprising the official storyline goes on and on. Yet we’re supposed to accept this confection without question or be mocked as a conspiracy theorist.

The only rational position to take about who killed Kennedy is that we don’t know who did it and probably never will because government officials have so thoroughly obscured all the trails of evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2020, 05:30 PM
 
5,405 posts, read 4,748,497 times
Reputation: 11840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
LH Oswald. He acted alone and got lucky.


The title of this thread reflects the popularity of revisionist history and conspiracy theories, but not the facts of the case.
What about the death of Officer Tippit. Did Oswald shoot him with 3 Winchester & 1 Remington bullet(s) from his revolver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top