U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:23 AM

23,120 posts, read 37,169,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I have to disagree, Id say there were many involved in JFKs murder. or why would Oswald killed before he had time to defend himself.
Yes, that was just a bit too convenient. Also consider Jack Ruby's mob connections and his diagnosis of terminal cancer. Nothing to lose and a family to take care of.

From The House Committee on Assasinations:

"…Ruby's shooting of Oswald was not a spontaneous act, in that it involved at least some premeditation. Similarly, the committee believed it was less likely that Ruby entered the police basement without assistance, even though the assistance may have been provided with no knowledge of Ruby's intentions… The committee was troubled by the apparently unlocked doors along the stairway route and the removal of security guards from the area of the garage nearest the stairway shortly before the shooting… There is also evidence that the Dallas Police Department withheld relevant information from the Warren Commission concerning Ruby's entry to the scene of the Oswald transfer."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 10:28 AM

13,679 posts, read 19,791,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes, that was just a bit too convenient. Also consider Jack Ruby's mob connections and his diagnosis of terminal cancer. Nothing to lose and a family to take care of.

From The House Committee on Assasinations:

"…Ruby's shooting of Oswald was not a spontaneous act, in that it involved at least some premeditation. Similarly, the committee believed it was less likely that Ruby entered the police basement without assistance, even though the assistance may have been provided with no knowledge of Ruby's intentions… The committee was troubled by the apparently unlocked doors along the stairway route and the removal of security guards from the area of the garage nearest the stairway shortly before the shooting… There is also evidence that the Dallas Police Department withheld relevant information from the Warren Commission concerning Ruby's entry to the scene of the Oswald transfer."
Nothing in the above is really too controversial or unexplainable.
However we can pretty much dismiss the final conclusions of 1978's "House Committee on Assasinations" since the final conclusion was entirely based on dictabelt audio information that has since, with improving technology since then, been disproven.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 3,840 times
just listen to e. howard hunt's 'deathbed confession'. incidentally, such confessions, in general, are taken extremely seriously by law enforcement--but in specific, if government officials are involved, you'll never hear of such things. many of these are ABOVE THE LAW--Moderator cut: current Political remark removed ...
https://youtu.be/bknUDgKdEJQ

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-08-2016 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: This is the History forum, not Politics or Current Events.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:48 PM

64,450 posts, read 60,946,195 times
Wasn't me. I was only five and at the dentist. Prove otherwise, I dare ya.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:57 PM

47,869 posts, read 20,200,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wasn't me. I was only five and at the dentist. Prove otherwise, I dare ya.
What about this receipt made out to you from "Grassy Knoll Dental Care" dated 11/22/63?

Old 11-08-2016, 03:23 PM

15,097 posts, read 47,790,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It was LBJ. Only a select few people have seen the film shot that day in Dallas which shows Johnson standing up in the back of his limo, firing an Uzi at JFK's car, and shouting "Who is president now, pretty boy? Huh? Who is president now?"
You jest of course, but, the ancient "Qui bono?" question does rather suggest LBJ was the one with the most to gain.

I can't say who shot JFK, but, the "official version" does not seem very likely to me.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:36 PM

15,583 posts, read 13,879,641 times
Its a case of Im Spartacus only no one wants to confess.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:47 PM

30,378 posts, read 28,549,668 times
I'd say it was mob hit men, possibly in cahoots with anti-Kennedy Cuban exiles. Bobby Kennedy had enraged too many mobsters and JFK got awfully close to the flame as well.

The CIA may well have known that a plot was afoot and deliberately turned a blind eye to it and let things happen.

Others, such as LBJ and Hoover, may have known about it, too.

Oswald may have fired his rifle but he was basically a diversion.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 PM

64,450 posts, read 60,946,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
What about this receipt made out to you from "Grassy Knoll Dental Care" dated 11/22/63?
Hahaha, I just saw this.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:13 PM

19,199 posts, read 17,463,135 times
"In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, after Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit and was identified as the president’s assassin,a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward.

Special Agent Howard turned the address book over to the FBI and, ultimately, to the Warren Commission. Only some time later did he learn that the list with its hugely important insight into the killer’s motive had been torn out of the book."

Lee Harvey Oswald’s little green book shows JFK wasn't the real target - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History