Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 10:42 AM

243 posts, read 220,839 times

Advertisements

That's a Grahm Hancock quote , but what does everyone think about our past ? There is alot of evidence out there that supports the idea the the earth had a civilization as advanced or greater than that of today .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 10:44 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
I'm not opposed to the idea. I often wonder how much has been simply forgotten about human history. I also wonder if we were visited in the past by a superior species/beings.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 AM

Yes , like the ancient aliens show . Some good ideas in that show , but the wacko side of it kind of drowns out the good .
Robert M. Schoch: The Official Website of

Let's discuss the weathering of the sphinx . According to Robert schoch (he has written great books) it has been eroded from rainfall. The Sarah desert was a rain forest before the last ice age , dating the sphinx to a much much older date of construction.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:36 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,709,317 times
I am not opposed to the idea that there were other "primitive" civilizations before the last ice age, on par with very early Egypt, Sumeria, etc. However, anything as advanced as our modern civilization or even as Roman empire advanced? Not a chance.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I am not opposed to the idea that there were other "primitive" civilizations before the last ice age, on par with very early Egypt, Sumeria, etc. However, anything as advanced as our modern civilization or even as Roman empire advanced? Not a chance.
Do you believe the sphinx could have been built by a primitive civilization? What about the pyramids of Egypt or even central america?

As advanced as the Romans were , no way they could build Egyptian pyramids , so we believe a prior even more primitive civilization could ?

Old 01-03-2017, 10:51 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,309 times
Default What if we are just an experiment

The idea seems far fetched but what if we are being used and studied for the purpose of fighting a war or finding a vaccine for some crazy interstellar disease. The signs are there that we have been visited but for what purpose? My guess is we are a part of a larger plan, it would explain why we haven't discovered other life forms yet.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
This thread appears very similar to the things I find in the religious forum. Why is that?

It's unfortunate that we don't we have more posters who are scientifically literate.

Why does the US have such a low population of scientifically literate people?

We are actually a civilization full of people who lack basic science understanding. We are a civilization existing alongside each other with very similar but very different realities/"dreams".

Old 01-04-2017, 05:10 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
...It's unfortunate that we don't we have more posters who are scientifically literate...
When I read a scientific post worth a response, I respond.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:35 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default The future - it's where we'll be living

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
The idea seems far fetched but what if we are being used and studied for the purpose of fighting a war or finding a vaccine for some crazy interstellar disease. The signs are there that we have been visited but for what purpose? My guess is we are a part of a larger plan, it would explain why we haven't discovered other life forms yet.
Yep, these are common tropes in Science Fiction novels & short stories & movies. Try Larry Niven (hard - technical SF) or Philip K. Dick (wilder stories - the author for the stories that the movies Blade Runner, The man in the high castle, Total recall, etc. were based on). I encourage people to read SF - you get a heads up & the benefit of some history & thought on cloning, organ transplants, mother wars, birth licenses, & so on. Dick is a hoot - he put together stories that sputtered & fizzed ideas.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This thread appears very similar to the things I find in the religious forum. Why is that?

It's unfortunate that we don't we have more posters who are scientifically literate.

Why does the US have such a low population of scientifically literate people?

We are actually a civilization full of people who lack basic science understanding. We are a civilization existing alongside each other with very similar but very different realities/"dreams".
I'm confused as wether that's complimenting or insulting the thread. I think there is a ton of evidence for the theory , ignorance can hold most peoples nose high , it does give thier ego a boost to belittle . I don't think it's anything like any post in religion, science and history disproves most of that , and people argue over nonsense .

I will agree that most could care less about this kind of thing , even if it was proven true. I don't know if its a matter of "scientificly litterate" , I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean ? Do you have a degree in somthing ?

I could post a topic like " trumps sucks " or " hillary is satan " , and by now it would be 20 pages long . But I get a lonely 8 replies . It's really sad , I've lost hope for 90% of civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History