Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 05:30 AM

622 posts, read 427,618 times

Advertisements

Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 02:33 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTER MANIFOLD View Post
Jesus?
Yes? You called for me?
Do you have a question my son?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:41 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yes? You called for me?
Do you have a question my son?

Shouldn't there be a heavenly hot line or something like that?

Old 10-30-2019, 03:26 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Jesus on the mainline tell him what you want!!!

Old 10-30-2019, 05:03 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yeah but it keeps getting spammed by the baptists, I've meant to walk across Bill Gates pool and have a talk to him about this, or send a plague of locusts to ATT headquarters. On my list of things to do along with world peace.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:05 PM

1,142 posts, read 579,038 times
Surely you will not die?! You will be like God if you eat this fruit and your eyes will be opened to know good and evil

Old 10-30-2019, 05:36 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTER MANIFOLD View Post
Jesus?
It seems very likely that most believers - and thus, most promulgators of the religion of Jesus (ie, Christianity) - believe that it (or, at least, their take on it) is true. Thus, it would not be a lie even if it is wrong.

Most assuredly, I do thing it is wrong. But being wrong isn't necessarily lying.

Old 10-30-2019, 06:23 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
I’ve only just seen this thread, so if someone has said this already, I apologise.
I can’t call it a lie, as no one knows the truth, but whenever I sadly have to attend a funeral, and the priest/vicar/pastor says, “He/she goes to join those at God’s side in Heaven”, I can’t help but think, Jeez, it has to be standing room only up there, there must be gazillions milling around.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:27 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I'm not going to argue about it here because I'm already embroiled in several threads on other sub-forums here but ... Since you asked ...

I believe we are creating what in the future will be known as the greatest lie ever told. History is in the making right now but it's still in the keeping of the context of this thread because its origins were during WWII/Nuremberg Trials.

It will reduce the Salem Witch Trials to a mere paragraph & overshadow even the Holocaust & that would be Vaccines & the Global Immunization Policy of the WHO as advocated by the CDC. If anyone is even left to write or read the books.

The eradication of the evolutionary process of the human race is unintentionally underway.

Well; you asked!
No, it's not. In fact, quite the opposite.

Humans are still subject to deleterious genetic attributes. And, of course, sexual selection is still operative. Genetic drift still occurs. And human environments have diversified so greatly - and continue to do so at an accelerating rate - that human evolution (which responds to environmental pressures) is increasing.

The global interconnectedness of Homo sapiens will prevent our divergence into multiple species. However, evolution is far more than speciation.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:54 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
Perhaps a more recent example, the American intelligence community feeding our politicians "facts" about Iraq's "Weapons of Mass Destruction". While George W Bush is famed for being wrong about them, a lot of other politicians, both Republican and Democrat, were fooled.
Just because we have never been told that WMD were found in Iraq, doesn’t mean that they didn’t exist or that Bush lied to us about it. Saddam was executed for using WMD on his own people so.... there is no doubt that WMD were definitely there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History