Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I originally posted it in the political forum, a mod must have moved it due to the Nazi connection.
OK fair enough. I am sure however it was under the premise that it would not turn into a "Bash Bush" post, enough of those around.

So again be aware of the biased nature of that report. For instance, it only barely mentions the fact that Fritz Thyssen "fell out of favor" with Hitler. Actually what happened is he was imprisoned by Hitler before moving to the U.S. and becoming a staunch anti-nazi as more of Hitler's attrocities became apparant. I don't think it mentioned that Prescott Bush gave back $1.5 million that earned as being a stockholder in the german company. I don't think it mentioned that he also served in WW1, presumably directly or indirectly killing German's. I don't think it mentioned that all German assets were seized by the U.S. government, in any event, after war was declared. I don't think it mentioned that other politicians, celebrities, and business men also invested in pre-war Germany (Kennedy, Charles Linbourgh, etc).

Just be aware you don't get the total story.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
I wouldn't worry about blood money or anything like that, if you drive a Ford,GMC,Honda, mitshuibishi, or use any number of products you are dealing with a company that profited directly from Germany and Japan's raise to power. Don't even get me started on the US Space Program! You know who put us on the moon don't you? Do you know who's test data the USAF used to develop cold water survival for downed airman? And where they got those test results............

Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I wouldn't worry about blood money or anything like that, if you drive a Ford,GMC,Honda, mitshuibishi, or use any number of products you are dealing with a company that profited directly from Germany and Japan's raise to power. Don't even get me started on the US Space Program! You know who put us on the moon don't you? Do you know who's test data the USAF used to develop cold water survival for downed airman? And where they got those test results............
Very true.

Ken

Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Actually, all kinds of medical research stems from the meticulous notes Nazis took during their horrific experiments on the Jews. A few years ago, some bunch of people tried to throw out all medical research that incorporated this data, and found that it was impossible.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:33 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudeyrose View Post
OK Guys... Blazer...suggesting someone needs therapy is not allowed!! I realize this is an explosive subject...but let's remain civil!!!
I don't want to have to move this, because I don't know where I'd put it... Polotics, Health, Pre-School..??? We are all adults here, let's continue the discussion as such
Nooooooooooooooo,it is not an "explosive" subject. It's an out & out lie and designed purely for the purpose of lame brained hatred. To me, the entire post does not belong on the board. Now, despite it's compete stupidity, it IS a good form of humor. We can all laugh at it- that's for sure.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:25 PM

2,377 posts, read 5,400,715 times
This thread has run it's course...There is no place else to move it so it is being closed...it has ceased to be relevant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History