Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 03:09 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times

Advertisements

Without beating around the bush.

1. Humanity did not come out of Africa.

2. Entire humanity, as such, goes down to 22 Y haplotypes all the way to approximately 64 000 years ago. Basically, what it is, you have 22 male ancestors that gave "birth" to entire humanity.

3. as the result, it poses a problem. Homo Sapiens is said to appear 200 000 years ago. Hence, we have no idea what was before the Point Zero 64 000 years ago. 130 000 years of Homo Sapiens is unaccounted for and is everyone's guess.

4. There is a solid research showing that approximately same time - 64 000 years ago - Earth was hit by a large meteorite that cause gigantic wave, circling the globe several times. It was not just a wave, it was akin to a mud slide - moving millions of tons of suspended solid material that literally shaved off several meters of the top surface.

5. hence, anything that was afloat during that wave could have survived. See #2. That's your 22 males.

I know, this will be followed by "why don't you post a link".

Instead, I shall refer you to the works of this fine gentleman:

https://www.anatole-klyosov.com/

There are all of his credentials, which he has a plenty and all of his publications. Have at it.

As a personal opinion, Atlantis was considered a greatest seafarer civilization of the prehistoric world. "those who were afloat could have survived"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 06:20 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
the last i checked (a few years back) i was under the impression that DNA could be traced back about 200,000 years ago
and the "missing chromosome" that occurs within human DNA looks for all the world like it was spliced together...

i know of recent evidence of a 12,000 year old asteroid strike hitting Greenland as well and causing flooding

i actually watched a what i expected to be "crackpot" theory of what is now Saudi Arabia being in fact the lost continent..it did also rely on floods and such some caused by melting ice damns from an ice age i believe

Old 02-27-2019, 01:10 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post

2. Entire humanity, as such, goes down to 22 Y haplotypes all the way to approximately 64 000 years ago. Basically, what it is, you have 22 male ancestors that gave "birth" to entire humanity.

Start with false assumptions, you're doomed to come up with false conclusions.

Speciation does not occur because one individual develops one mutation that is spread down the generations. That would take too many generations and the risk of it being wiped out early on is very great....The same, new mutation must occur contemporaneously & fortuitously in many individuals in a breeding population....We must also account for back mutation-- it's just as likely a point mutation goes from State A to State B as for State B to go back to State A.

We may have 22 haplotypes in the population over time, but that doesn't mean it all started with just 22 individuals, nor that they all appeared at the same time. One would expect that the older the population, the more mutations it would now show-- That's a strong point in favor of the Out of Africa Theory-- African populations today are the most genetically diverse.

In regards Saudi Arabia: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1&&FORM=VRDGAR
The Sahara Desert & Saudi Penn. alternate as desert/lush savanha every 20,000 yrs as the Earth's axis precesses. Africans probably didn't all migrate north along the Egypt/Levant corridor. Some, many , all (?) may well have slowly advanced across N. Africa & the Mediterranean Basin When the Sahara was savanna & the basin dry land 20,000 y/a.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
If you don't have a link to any of this, there isn't much to discuss.

A giant tsunami that circled the globe several times and shaved off the top few meters of the entire planet's surface? OK, if you say so.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:19 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
If you don't have a link to any of this, there isn't much to discuss.
As if internet links are proof of anything ... like so many "scientists" and "experts" and, my favorite lately, "statisticians".

Everybody's got one.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:36 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
As if internet links are proof of anything ... like so many "scientists" and "experts" and, my favorite lately, "statisticians".

Everybody's got one.
Soooo.... what you're saying then is that there's no point in ever looking anything up on the internet, because some of the information you'll find is not accurate and there's no way to tell which is which.

Seriously?

Yeah, there's a lot of unreliable information on the internet, but that doesn't mean none of what you find is worth anything. Google can only do so much for you; it's still up to us to be smart enough to figure out what's true and what isn't.

In this particular case, the OP presents a radical and original scientific theory, which he claims is supported by quite a bit of factual data. He then says, "but instead of showing you the information I have that led me to believe this, I'll let you find it yourselves."

So what are we supposed to discuss? What are we supposed to say, other than, "well, OK then!"?

Old 03-03-2019, 08:01 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Soooo.... what you're saying then is that there's no point in ever looking anything up on the internet, because some of the information you'll find is not accurate and there's no way to tell which is which.

Seriously?

Yeah, there's a lot of unreliable information on the internet, but that doesn't mean none of what you find is worth anything. Google can only do so much for you; it's still up to us to be smart enough to figure out what's true and what isn't.

In this particular case, the OP presents a radical and original scientific theory, which he claims is supported by quite a bit of factual data. He then says, "but instead of showing you the information I have that led me to believe this, I'll let you find it yourselves."

So what are we supposed to discuss? What are we supposed to say, other than, "well, OK then!"?
No, I'm saying that anybody can throw out labels "scientist", "expert", "statistician", and such words are by now so used and abused that they are demeaned.

So, I agree that ... it's still up to us to be smart enough to figure out what's true and what isn't ... regardless of those facile labels.

And we could all still be wrong.

Anyway, I think there is a reasonable chance that indeed there were a lot of smart people around well before what "scientists", "experts", "scholars" label as history, i.e. civilizations that may have been wiped out due to some astronomical and/or geological catastrophes.

And it could happen again.

And, yes, so what?

Old 03-03-2019, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Without beating around the bush.

3. as the result, it poses a problem. Homo Sapiens is said to appear 200 000 years ago. Hence, we have no idea what was before the Point Zero 64 000 years ago. 130 000 years of Homo Sapiens is unaccounted for and is everyone's guess.

4. There is a solid research showing that approximately same time - 64 000 years ago - Earth was hit by a large meteorite that cause gigantic wave, circling the globe several times. It was not just a wave, it was akin to a mud slide - moving millions of tons of suspended solid material that literally shaved off several meters of the top surface.

5. hence, anything that was afloat during that wave could have survived. See #2. That's your 22 males.

I know, this will be followed by "why don't you post a link".

Instead, I shall refer you to the works of this fine gentleman:

https://www.anatole-klyosov.com/

There are all of his credentials, which he has a plenty and all of his publications. Have at it.

As a personal opinion, Atlantis was considered a greatest seafarer civilization of the prehistoric world. "those who were afloat could have survived"....
You shoulda been a geneticist/anthropologist/celebrity!

Please contact the scientific community and let us know when your Nobel Prize nomination comes through.

This is ground breaking stuff that can't be limited to an internet opinion forum.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:42 PM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
It is usually considered best to post while sober.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:25 PM

19 posts, read 9,503 times
That went well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History