U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2020, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
5,636 posts, read 10,175,991 times
Reputation: 9365

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Not sure what the point of the attachment is, or the reference to "jew-owned" newspapers.
Maybe I am mistaken but are you on some subtle holocaust denial suggestion? If so you can take your trash somewhere else - Stormfront maybe.

The plaque is from Auschwitz - it doesn't say 1.5 million died in the holocause in total, it is refering to the 1.5 million that died in Auschwitz only, if you are suggesting some sort of contradiction in death counts. Nazi's murdered 6 million jews and about 8 million "others" - russian POWs, disabled, gays, political opponents, gypsies, non-jew poles and russian civilians.

If I am misinterpreting your thoughts, I apologize. That's why it's always suggesting you leave some TEXT in your attachments to explain yourself.
It is Holocaust denial, but not very subtle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2020, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Elysium
7,092 posts, read 3,981,533 times
Reputation: 5067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
We should have bombed the tracks. Done well, meaning over a long distance with many bombs hitting it, it would have taken a long time to fix. For one thing, grading many sections of track would have made repairs a lengthy endeavor. Plus, it would not have been hard to hit many such tracks to many camps during the course of hitting nearby targets.

Bombing the camp would be a tricky call. It would save lives on a net basis. The turns of killing the population were HUGE. Estimates have indicated 400k could live there, and the camp killed 5-10x that. So lets say it was done before the camp had killed the last 2 mill, lets say 1/2 the 400k die in a raid. 200k killed, 2 million saved. Same kind of discussion Hiroshima bomb stirred.

But the collateral damage would be killing a large chunk of the current population.
We, the USAAF and Bomber Command together simply did not have the assets to continually bomb a target. Not until the Luftwaffe losses hit such a level and allied fighter bombers came into range because of German army land losses in the west allowed for closer bases. Any damage inflicted, assuming something as small as a train track was actually hit was repairable long before replacement aircraft and crews could be brought in to mount a followup mission on a damaged but now repaired railroad track.

Even assuming a Gulf War force of actual precision guided bombing and total air supremacy ifr the allies were able to take out and keep out of service the railroad to a camp the Nazis would have simply went back to sending second line reserve troops to shoot their victims instead of using more efficient gas chambers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 05:13 PM
 
15,933 posts, read 14,310,651 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Maybe you missed it but he did lay it out clear as day in some prior post right there :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41
there were a lot more Anglo/U.S.-French cultural links than Anglos/Americans and Poles. Just like humans tend to care more about 'their own' in regards to nationality, so too is that a thing with regards to ethnicity.
And?

Poland used to be part of the Russian Empire ( not even Soviet Union minding you.)
And this would explain a thing or two regarding the lack of this affinity between "Anglo-Americans and Poles."

So what's your point then?

Last edited by erasure; 01-19-2020 at 06:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 07:10 PM
 
213 posts, read 141,124 times
Reputation: 268
I just read a fascinating memoir by a Pole who survived (and escaped from) Auschwitz.
He was a cavalry officer who did advocate for bombing raids on the camp, and his pleas were rejected.

My understanding is that bombing raids wouldn't have been feasible early in the war, due to the short range of British bombers and the very poor accuracy of those bombing raids. Later in the war, with improved American bombers and much better accuracy placing bombs, bombing raids would have perhaps made sense, but by then most of the victims were already dead.

The fundamental problem was that Poles were not viewed sympathetically by the Americans or Brits, the only forces capable of helping them. Jews, many Polish citizens but considered a separate ethnic class, were viewed with disdain. The Brits knew about Auschwitz within a few months of its founding in 1940. They knew it was a harsh prison camp, but they thought it was similar to Dachau, not a different class of death camp. The Brits and subsequently the Americans tended to suspect the Poles of exaggerating German wartime atrocities, much as the Brits and Americans did in WWI 25 years before. There was no strong impulse among American or British military officials to bomb any prison camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Russia
484 posts, read 77,230 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Not sure what the point of the attachment is, or the reference to "jew-owned" newspapers.
Maybe I am mistaken but are you on some subtle holocaust denial suggestion? If so you can take your trash somewhere else - Stormfront maybe.

The plaque is from Auschwitz - it doesn't say 1.5 million died in the holocause in total, it is refering to the 1.5 million that died in Auschwitz only, if you are suggesting some sort of contradiction in death counts. Nazi's murdered 6 million jews and about 8 million "others" - russian POWs, disabled, gays, political opponents, gypsies, non-jew poles and russian civilians.

If I am misinterpreting your thoughts, I apologize. That's why it's always suggesting you leave some TEXT in your attachments to explain yourself.
I do not deny anything. There was no doubt that the Jewish casualties were considerable. Just these numbers in the "6 million" for me questionable, because they surfaced from nowhere. About the victims of the USSR in the text of the verdict of the Nuremberg Tribunal of September 30, 1946:
- 15 million civilians killed;
- 10 million died on the fields of war.
- 275 thousand elderly and sick people were killed by poison.
– 7 million stolen into slavery.

I think if these figures of 6 million were true, they would certainly be reflected in the verdict. I don't want to argue about it. I just expressed my point of view and let everyone stay with their opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Russia
484 posts, read 77,230 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
I just read a fascinating memoir by a Pole who survived (and escaped from) Auschwitz.
He was a cavalry officer who did advocate for bombing raids on the camp, and his pleas were rejected.

My understanding is that bombing raids wouldn't have been feasible early in the war, due to the short range of British bombers and the very poor accuracy of those bombing raids. Later in the war, with improved American bombers and much better accuracy placing bombs, bombing raids would have perhaps made sense, but by then most of the victims were already dead.

The fundamental problem was that Poles were not viewed sympathetically by the Americans or Brits, the only forces capable of helping them. Jews, many Polish citizens but considered a separate ethnic class, were viewed with disdain. The Brits knew about Auschwitz within a few months of its founding in 1940. They knew it was a harsh prison camp, but they thought it was similar to Dachau, not a different class of death camp. The Brits and subsequently the Americans tended to suspect the Poles of exaggerating German wartime atrocities, much as the Brits and Americans did in WWI 25 years before. There was no strong impulse among American or British military officials to bomb any prison camp.
I don't quite understand why should bomb a prisoner camp. As I understand it, should be released to give these prisoners freedom, isn't it?

Last edited by Zimogor; 01-19-2020 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 09:56 PM
 
15,933 posts, read 14,310,651 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I do not deny anything. There was no doubt that the Jewish casualties were considerable. Just these numbers in the "6 million" for me questionable, because they surfaced from nowhere. About the victims of the USSR in the text of the verdict of the Nuremberg Tribunal of September 30, 1946:
- 15 million civilians killed;
- 10 million died on the fields of war.
- 275 thousand elderly and sick people were killed by poison.
– 7 million stolen into slavery.

I think if these figures of 6 million were true, they would certainly be reflected in the verdict. I don't want to argue about it. I just expressed my point of view and let everyone stay with their opinion.

Were the Soviet Jews included in these losses?

(I assume that yes? Because by that time, the traditional places of their habitat ( i.e. behind the Pale of Settlement defined by Tzarist Russia - Ukraine, Baltic states, Poland - they were all included in the Soviet Union back in 1939.
If you add to that the Jewry of other Eastern European countries - Hungary, Romania, other part of Poland that Germans took over, PLUS less significant numbers of Western Europe AND "Russia proper" ( Western part of it) - then 6 million sound about right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2020, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Russia
484 posts, read 77,230 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Were the Soviet Jews included in these losses?

(I assume that yes? Because by that time, the traditional places of their habitat ( i.e. behind the Pale of Settlement defined by Tzarist Russia - Ukraine, Baltic states, Poland - they were all included in the Soviet Union back in 1939.
If you add to that the Jewry of other Eastern European countries - Hungary, Romania, other part of Poland that Germans took over, PLUS less significant numbers of Western Europe AND "Russia proper" ( Western part of it) - then 6 million sound about right.
The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Map with the number of victims of the Holocaust/war by country

The first figure is the number of the Jewish population for a particular year(usually the date of the census)
The second figure is the number of Jewish residents killed in the country at the end of world war II


source: bpd.de.

If we exclude Jewish citizens of the USSR, we will get about 4.5 million. The Figure is large, I do not argue,but you will agree that in comparison with the 15 million killed Russians, Ukrainians, Belarussians and other citizens of the USSR looks modest. Why don't they talk about these 15 million? Or are they second-class people?

Last edited by Zimogor; Yesterday at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
 
12,804 posts, read 19,028,517 times
Reputation: 20708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I do not deny anything. There was no doubt that the Jewish casualties were considerable. Just these numbers in the "6 million" for me questionable, because they surfaced from nowhere. About the victims of the USSR in the text of the verdict of the Nuremberg Tribunal of September 30, 1946:
- 15 million civilians killed;
- 10 million died on the fields of war.
- 275 thousand elderly and sick people were killed by poison.
– 7 million stolen into slavery.

I think if these figures of 6 million were true, they would certainly be reflected in the verdict. I don't want to argue about it. I just expressed my point of view and let everyone stay with their opinion.
You don't get it do you?

I am as anti-PC as it comes, but publishing a meme/JPEG referring to the "jew-owned newspapers" is an act of antisemitism that is not acceptable as it in itself contributes to the caricature and stereotype of the "all-controlling Jews" and thus an environment that caused the persecution of Jews in Europe in the first place. It's abhorrent and insulting. The New York Times (which I do not always agree with) is not "jew-owned", it's American owned.

Now certainly you didn't create that meme, but I almost guarantee whoever did was a neo-nazi or white supremacist, and we also must questions what you are relying on for your sources of history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Russia
484 posts, read 77,230 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You don't get it do you?

I am as anti-PC as it comes, but publishing a meme/JPEG referring to the "jew-owned newspapers" is an act of antisemitism that is not acceptable as it in itself contributes to the caricature and stereotype of the "all-controlling Jews" and thus an environment that caused the persecution of Jews in Europe in the first place. It's abhorrent and insulting. The New York Times (which I do not always agree with) is not "jew-owned", it's American owned.

Now certainly you didn't create that meme, but I almost guarantee whoever did was a neo-nazi or white supremacist, and we also must questions what you are relying on for your sources of history.
Auschwitz - The Final Count

by Michael Collins Piper

Auschwitz: The very name of the infamous concentration camp in Poland has become synonymous with the period now commonly referred to as “the holocaust.” For about 60 years, schoolchildren around the world have been taught that 4 million Jews were exterminated in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. In other words, Auschwitz alone accounts for 2/3 of the symbolic 6 million figure. But lo and behold: Even the Auschwitz authorities admit the 4 million figure is in need of “revision,” lowering the total recently from 4 million to 1.5 million deaths at the camp. But just how low can we go? Auschwitz: The Final Count is an amazing assembly of factual historical data about Auschwitz that tells the story of the legendary “death camp” as it has never been told elsewhere—and determines total death and casualty figures from archival sources.

This special anthology, featuring commentary by veteran British historian Vivian Bird , who originally edited this volume, offers an inside look at Auschwitz and provides the reader with scholarly information that had otherwise been unavailable or previously suppressed before publication of this book. Once you’ve read Auschwitz: The Final Count, you’ll never look at the holocaust, or the history of World War II—or the history of the 20th century, for that matter—in the same way ever again.

https://www.amazon.com/AUSCHWITZ-Fin.../dp/B000BU6KR6

Spoiler




A thought-provoking new anthology
edited by English historian Vivian Bird casts
stark new light on what really happened at
Auschwitz during World War II. As the
evidence shows, the official "facts" just don't
add up.



In the summer of 1997 I was invited to speak at a California
college seminar about my book, Final Judgment, which contends that
Israel's intelligence agency, the Mossad, played a front-line role in the
JFK assassination conspiracy alongside the CIA. Almost
instantaneously I was hit by a media barrage orchestrated by the
Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of B'nai B'rith, a lobby for Israel.

The ADL told the press I was "a Holocaust denier" and, for that
reason alone, I should not be allowed to discuss my book (which,
incidentally, never once mentions the Holocaust). Evidently the ADL
was determined to shift the focus away from what my book really
does address, so they determined the best way to discredit me was to
smear me as "a Holocaust denier" (which I am not).



The ADL's tactic succeeded, setting off a firestorm of opposition-
a "holocaust," so to speak-and the seminar was canceled, illustrating
one point most clearly: The Holocaust has become a powerful
propaganda tool for the state of Israel.

And what is important to remember is this: What did-or did not-
happen at the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland is, in fact,
integral to the foundation of the basic story of the Holocaust.



Auschwitz is central to the Holocaust legend. If it can be proved
that the official stories we have been told about Auschwitz are not
true, the entire fabric of the Holocaust ultimately has to unravel.
What, then, did happen at Auschwitz?

On April 18, 1945, in the immediate aftermath of World War II,
The New York Times reported that 4 million people died at
Auschwitz. This "fact" was reported over and over again during the
next half-century, without being questioned.

However, on January 26, 1995, commemorating the 50th
anniversary of the Auschwitz liberation, both The Washington Post
and The New York Times itself reported that the Polish authorities
had determined that, at most, 1.5 million people (of all races and
religions)-not "4 million"-died at Auschwitz of all causes, including
natural causes.

Yet this was not the first time this drastically reduced figure
appeared in the major media. Almost five years previously, on July
17, 1990, The Washington Times reprinted a brief article from The
London Daily Telegraph. That article stated:

Poland has cut its estimate of the number of people killed by the
Nazis in the Auschwitz death camp from 4 million to just over 1
million . . . The new study could rekindle the controversy over the
scale of Hitler's "final solution" . . .

Franciszek Piper, director of the historical committee of the
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, said yesterday that, according to
recent research, at least 1 .3 million people were deported to the camp,
of whom about 223,000 survived.



The 1.1 million victims included 960,000 Jews, between 70,000
and 75,000 Poles, nearly all of the 23,000 Gypsies sent to the camp
and 15,000 Soviet prisoners of war.

Shmuel Krakowsky, head of research at Israel's Yad Vashem
memorial for Jewish victims of the Holocaust, said the new Polish
figures were correct: "The 4 million figure was let slip by Capt.
Rudolf Hoess, the death camp's Nazi commander. Some have bought
it, but it was exaggerated." . . . [P]laques commemorating the deaths
of 4 million victims were removed from the Auschwitz museum
earlier this month.

This detail of history was intriguing, since, after all, history
books had said for a generation that of the 6 million Jews who died
during the Holocaust, 4 million died at Auschwitz alone. Thus, if the
new facts were correct, the actual overall number of Jewish Holocaust
victims had to be considerably less than the much-talked-about
figure of 6 million. Put simply: subtract the former 4 million Jews
dead at Auschwitz from the popular 6 million, and that leaves 2
million Jews dead. Simple math-and a controversial conclusion
indeed.

More recently, Walter Reich, former director of the U.S.
Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, jumped into the debate
over Auschwitz. On September 8, 1998, The Washington Post
published an article by Reich in which he addressed Jewish outrage
over a group of elderly Polish nuns who wanted to place crosses in
memory of Christians who died at Auschwitz. Reich was responding
to what he described as a "well-meaning" August 31, 1998 editorial in
The Post about the affair.

Reich commented that the editorial "illustrates how old fictions
about Auschwitz have been accepted as facts-fictions that have been
used repeatedly to distort the camp's history." Evidently, the Post had



forgotten its own report on the Auschwitz numbers that it had
published three years previously and chose, instead, to repeat "old
fictions . . . accepted as facts." What, then, were those "old fictions . . .
accepted as facts"? Here's what Reich had to say:

The Post identified Auschwitz-Birkenau as the death camp
"where 3 million Jews and millions of others were murdered by the
Nazis." Recent scholarship by a Polish historian has put the number
of deaths there conservatively at about 1.1 million, with other
estimates ranging to about 1.5 million. Approximately 90 percent of
the dead were Jews.

The Post's numbers may have been derived in part from the
inflated estimate-originally of Soviet origin and endorsed by Polish
authorities after the war-of about 4 million dead. This number, and
other numbers of similar magnitude, were repeated so often that they
came to be accepted by many as true, even though historians in
Poland and elsewhere have revised this number down considerably.

Honest people find no problem with Reich's call (in the essay)
for "only words of accurate history" in reportage about Auschwitz.
Today, a major first step toward "only words of accurate history" is
the release of a new anthology on Auschwitz, assembled by English
writer Vivian Bird.

Auschwitz: The Final Count examines the "new" reports in the
mainstream media (outlined above) and provides essential additional
facts that must be considered in order for the full story of Auschwitz
to finally be told. Bird's 109-page book is a compendium
(supplemented with commentary by Bird) of four complete,
previously published works relating to Auschwitz and the Holocaust.

The book features a fascinating introduction by Bird exploring
the little-known but thoroughly documented phenomenon in which



the numbers of the official Auschwitz "death toll" have plummeted
from a "high" of 9,000,000 dead to a rock bottom of 73,137 (of whom
38,031 were Jews). And readers will note that of the 26 widely
varying figures cited by Bird, all come from a variety of "responsible"
and mainstream sources. No figure Bird cites comes from any source
accused of "denying the Holocaust," whatever that means.

Clearly, the number of people who died at Auschwitz is central
to understanding what did happen there. But the figures keep
changing. If Bird's book proves anything, it proves that.

However, there's much more to Auschwitz than the changing
numbers. The essays in Bird's volume each provide a uniquely
different facet to the overall problem:

* The Auschwitz Lie by Thies Christophersen is an insider's
view of Auschwitz. The German author, an agrarian, was sent to
Auschwitz, not as an inmate, but as a scientist researching the
development of synthetic rubber. Working side by side with inmate
staff, Christophersen saw, firsthand, day-to-day life at Auschwitz
and, in postwar years, was astounded to hear the stories of "gassings"
and all the tall tales that we today associate with Auschwitz.

His essay, The Auschwitz Lie, first published in German in 1973,
caused great consternation. However, Christophersen would not
back down, and, as a consequence, he was variously fined or
imprisoned for daring to tell his eyewitness account. Those
accustomed to "docu-drama" renditions of Auschwitz will find a new
perspective in Christophersen's report.

* Zyklon B, Auschwitz, and the Trial of Dr. Bruno Tesch is the
second feature in Bird's anthology. Written by a veteran chemist, the
late Dr. William Lindsey, this is a carefully documented demolition
of the war crimes trial of Dr. Tesch, who was ultimately convicted



and hanged. The unfortunate Tesch was co-owner of a company
which bought in bulk (from the manufacturers) and then supplied (as
the middleman) to the German concentration camp authorities the
now-infamous Zyklon B pesticide.

Although we have been told Zyklon B was used to gas millions
of Jews to death, Lindsey shows that the compound was used as an
insecticide and disinfectant to delouse not only the Auschwitz
inmates but also SS members running the camp and to fumigate their
clothes, bunkhouses etc. Zyklon B, in short, was used to maintain and
sustain human life-not to end it. Lindsey's essay examines the
fraudulent evidence and testimony in the Tesch trial and eviscerates
another critical element of not only the Auschwitz legend, but of the
Holocaust story as a whole.

* Inside the Auschwitz "Gas Chambers" is by Fred A. Leuchter, a
spunky American engineer once known as perhaps the foremost U.S.
authority on the mechanics of judicial execution. Leuchter describes
how he conducted scientific experiments on the structures at
Auschwitz that court historians say were used to exterminate vast
numbers of people-the infamous gas chambers. Leuchter concluded
no such gassings could have ever taken place as the official story
describes. For daring to present his findings-the only known such
study carried out at the gas chambers-Leuchter was relentlessly
harassed. But his point was made. His findings cut right to the core of
the matter of Auschwitz.

* The final essay is Why Is "The Holocaust" Important? written
by TBR publisher Willis A. Carto, who points out that the Holocaust
has become a lucrative industry unto itself, used as a highly effective
political tool to not only extort billions of German and American
taxpayer dollars to Israel but also to force the United States to
conduct its foreign policy in a fashion beneficial to Tel Aviv (and



contrary to U.S. national interests). Carto's essay puts the Holocaust
in perspective.

Thus, there's clearly much more to the story of Auschwitz and
the Holocaust than meets the eye. The facts assembled paint a
perhaps much more interesting story about what really did happen.

Bird's book will, in many ways, very much serve as the final
judgment on Auschwitz. Auschwitz: The Final Count will outrage
many-but as Bird puts it: "For those who care to investigate the facts-
not the myths-about the events of World War II, this volume should
put at least some of the major legends of the Holocaust to rest."



Michael Collins Piper is the author of Final Judgment: The
Missing Link in the JFK Assassination Conspiracy and Best Witness.
He is a keen student of historical intrigue and hidden political
motivations.

Auschwitz: The Final Count, paperback, 109 pages, is available
from the TBR Book Club for $12.95 plus $3 S&H; $6 S&H outside the
U.S. TBR subscribers get 10% off. Send payment to TBR, 130 Third
Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003.

www .barnesre vie w. or g/aushwitz .html



Argument Boils About
Numbers of Auschwitz Dead

The Numbers Decline, the Controversy Increases

It is past time for an international investigation conducted by
truly impartial scientists, researchers and scholars into the reality of
Auschwitz to properly and as accurately as possible bring history
into accord with the facts. Peoples of all religions and persuasions
have a right to such facts. So far, as the following data demonstrates,
we are a long way from a consensus on the truth of what happened at
Auschwitz in WWII.

9,000,000

Source: Cited by the French documentary, Night and Fog, which
has been shown to millions of school students worldwide.

8,000,000

Source: The French War Crime Research Office, Doc. 31, 1945.

7,000,000

Source: Also cited by the French War Crime Research Office.

6,000,000

Source: Cited in the book Auschwitz Doctor by Miklos Nyiszli.
It has since been proven that this book is a fraud and the "doctor" was
never even at Auschwitz, even though the book is often cited by
historians.

5,000,000 to 5,500,000



Source: Cited in 1945 at the trial of Auschwitz commander
Rudolf Hoss, based on his confession which was written in English, a
language he never spoke.

5,000,000

Source: Cited on April 20, 1978 by the French daily, Le Monde.
Also cited on January 23, 1995 by the German daily Die Welt. By
September 1, 1989, Le Monde reduced the figure to 1,433,000.

4,500,000

Source: In 1945 this figure was cited by another witness at the
aforementioned Hoss trial.

4,000,000

Source: Cited by a Soviet document of May 6, 1945 and officially
acknowledged by the Nuremberg War Crimes trial. This figure was
also reported in The New York Times on April 18, 1945, although 50
years later on January 26, 1995, The New York Times and The
Washington Post slashed the figure to 1,500,000 citing new findings
by the Auschwitz Museum officials. In fact, the figure of 4,000,000
was later repudiated by the Auschwitz museum officials in 1990 but
the figure of 1,500,000 victims was not formally announced by Polish
President Lech Walesa until five years after the Auschwitz historians
had first announced their discovery.

3,500,000

Source: Cited in the 1991 edition of the Dictionary of the French
Language and by Claude Lanzmann in 1980 in his introduction to
Filip Muller's book, Three Years in an Auschwitz Gas Chamber.



3,000,000

Source: Cited in a forced confession by Rudolf Hoss, the
Auschwitz commander who said this was the number of those who
had died at Auschwitz prior to Dec. 1, 1943. Later cited in the June 7,
1993 issue of Heritage, the most widely read Jewish newspaper in
California, even though three years previously the authorities at the
Auschwitz museum had scaled down the figure to a minimum of
1,100,000 and a maximum of 1,500,000. (see below).

2,500,000

Source: Cited by Rudolf Vrba (an author of various fraudulent
accounts of events he claims to have witnessed at Auschwitz) when
he testified on July 16, 1981 for the Israeli government's war crimes
trial of former SS official Adolf Eichmann.

2,000,000

Source: Cited by Leon Poliakov (1951) writing in Harvest of
Hate; Georges Wellers, writing in 1973 in The Yellow Star at the Time
of Vichy; and Lucy Dawidowicz, writing in 1975 in The War Against
the Jews.

2,000,000 to 4,000,000

Source: Cited by Yehuda Bauer in 1982 in his book, A History of
the Holocaust. However, by 1989 Bauer revised his figure to
1,600,000.

1,600,000

Source: This is a 1989 revision by Yehuda Bauer of his earlier
figure in 1982 of 2,000,000 to 4,000,000, Bauer cited this new figure on



September 22, 1989 in The Jerusalem Post, at which time he wrote
"The larger figures have been dismissed for years, except that it hasn't
reached the public yet."

1,500,000

Source: In 1995 this was the number of Auschwitz deaths
announced by Polish President Lech Walesa as determined by those
at the Auschwitz museum. This number was inscribed on the
monument at the Auschwitz camp at that time, thereby "replacing"
the earlier 4,000,000 figure that had been formally repudiated (and
withdrawn from the monument) five years earlier in 1990. At that
time, on July 17, 1990 The Washington Times reprinted a brief article
from The London Daily Telegraph citing the "new" figure of 1,500,000
that had been determined by the authorities at the Auschwitz
museum. This new figure was reported two years later in a UPI
report published in the New York Post on March 26, 1992. On
January 26, 1995 both The Washington Post and The New York Times
cited this 1,500,000 figure as the new "official" figure (citing the
Auschwitz Museum authorities).

1,471,595

Source: This is a 1983 figure cited by Georges Wellers who (as
noted previously) had determined, writing in 1973, that some
2,000,000 had died.

1,433,000

Source: This figure was cited on September 1, 1989 by the French
daily, Le Monde, which earlier, on April 20, 1978, had cited the figure
at 4,000,000.

1,250,000



Source: In the book, The Destruction of the European Jews, by
Raul Hilberg (1985).

1,100,000 to 1,500,000

Source: Sources for this estimate are Yisrael Gutman and
Michael Berenbaum in their 1984 book, Anatomy of the Auschwitz
Death Camp. This estimate was later also cited by Walter Reich,
former director of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, writing in
The Washington Post on September 8, 1998. The upper figure of
1,500,000 is (the new) "official" figure as now inscribed at Auschwitz,
with the earlier figure of 4,000,000 having been removed from the
memorial at the site of the former concentration camp.

1,000,000

Source: Jean-Claude Pressac, writing in his 1989 book
Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers. This is
interesting since he wrote his book to repudiate so-called "Holocaust
deniers" who were called that precisely because they had questioned
the numbers of those who had died at Auschwitz.

900,000

Source: Reported on August 3, 1990 11, by Aufbau, a Jewish
newspaper in New York.

800,000 to 900,000

Source: Reported by Gerald Reitlinger in his book, The Final
Solution.

775,000 to 800,000



Source: Jean-Claude Pressac's revised figure, put forth in his
1993 book, The Crematoria of Auschwitz: The Mass Murder's
Machinery, scaling down his earlier claim of 1,000,000 dead.

630,000 to 710,000

Source: In 1994 Pressac scaled his figure down somewhat
further; this is the figure cited in the German language translation of
Pressac's 1993 book originally published in French. Again, this is
substantially less than Pressac's 1989 figure of 1,000,000.

135,000 to 140,000

Source: This is an estimate based on documents held by the
International Tracing Service of the Red Cross. It is known that
International Tracing Service has a complete set of registration
documents. This is thought to include a complete set of roll-call data
which includes twice daily tallies of those who died. Although the
International Tracing Service of the Red Cross has such records, they
have never officially published an accurate count of those who died,
or even an accurate report as to exactly which documents they hold.
However, totals from these records have been obtained by various
interested parties.

The estimate of 135,500 is roughly corroborated by the
"Auschwitz death books." The death books themselves are wartime
German camp records, which were captured by the Soviets towards
the end of the war, and hidden in Soviet achieves, until released to
the Red Cross in 1989.

The death books consist of 46 volumes which document each
death at Auschwitz (each death certificate consists of the deceased
person's full name, profession and religion, date and place of birth,



pre- Auschwitz residence, parents' names, time of death, and cause of
death as determined by a camp physician). The records for the most
important years, 1942 and 1943, are almost complete (there are also a
few volumes for the year 1941, but none for the year 1944 or January
1945 (when Auschwitz was evacuated)).

The Auschwitz death books contain the death certificates of
some 69,000 individuals, of whom about 30,000 were listed as Jews.
You may view various entries in the Auschwitz Death Books by
clicking on the following links to the Auschwitz museum:

Using all available wartime records from the various camps it
has been estimated that between 400,000 and

500,000 people died in the German concentration camp system
(from all causes).

The ever declining numbers of alleged dead at Auschwitz, are
graphically illustrated by the plaques from the camp.

The first is the plaque that was on display at the Auschwitz
camp from 1948 until 1989 and states "4 million" victims.

The second plaque currently on display at Auschwitz has the
dramatically reduced number of victims, now only 1.5 million.

A casual reduction in the number of deaths by some 2.5 million.

Deaths at Auschwitz drop by a stunning 2.5 million, but the
legendary 6,000,000 figure remains the same.


https://archive.org/stream/Auschwitz...Count_djvu.txt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top