U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:36 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,026,885 times

Advertisements

Who were some great warriors that coexisted within proximity of each other yet never met each other?

I was doing a little research on whether England eventually reconquered by the Anglo Saxons. England indeed become unified under Alfred the Great's children and grand children up until William of Normandy. Then made me realize further east and south there were some "going ons"

There was another famous Norman named Robert Guiscard. Then I realized there was El Cid in Hispania around this time too. It turns out Robert born first. About thirteen years later William is born. Another 15 yrs and El Cid is born.

Now between 1060s to 1080 all are still active in their respective spheres. And they are not far from each other. Robert Guiscard in 1081 fights with the Byzantines. William is in England doing his thing. And El Cid is in the service of the Moors at this time.

What an interesting party it be had these three came together and talked about life in general. Well, okay I give you that Robert Guiscard is not as famous. El Cid and William of Normandy are undoubtedly much more famous thanks to the GB, and Spain having colonial empires.

What are some other trio of warriors coexisted with proximity to each other and never meeting? What about them actually meeting and not fighting for once but talking and becoming friends even? Has that ever happened?
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History