Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 06:11 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
It's only "new" in geological time. It's been in mainstream use for like 30 or 40 years now. Unless you're Methuselah, you can't really act like it's a peculiar modern affectation. "Person of color" is roughly contemporaneous with the word "email," but somehow you're not whining about those sorts of "new" vocabulary terms, only the ones that in modern usage replace racial slurs. HOW WEIRD.
I didn't think I was whining. I thought I asked an honest question but obviously I'm not allowed to do that here without someone like yourself getting their panties tied up in a knot, but I'm not surprised.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:20 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I didn't think I was whining. I thought I asked an honest question but obviously I'm not allowed to do that here without someone like yourself getting their panties tied up in a knot, but I'm not surprised.
The "Just asking questions!" game is played out. You'll have to find a new way to "innocently" use racial slurs.

Old 01-24-2021, 08:53 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
The "Just asking questions!" game is played out. You'll have to find a new way to "innocently" use racial slurs.
LOL, I dare you to find any previous post I've ever written where I've ever even come close to using any kind of racial slur or said anything controversial about race. You really need to take a chill pill and mellow out. All I did was ask a question because I was curious. You'll need to find someone else to take your animosity out on.
I have no intention of arguing with you. That wasn't my intent. It just tells me not to even bother to ask a question and expect to get an honest answer without being called a racist. That's just fine. I have better things to do.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:00 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
We can also discuss if it really even matters, as the VP position role, although will take over if president incapacitated, is a role that really, per the words of FDR's 1st VP, "not worth a bucket of warm ****". They don't do much at all, preside over the senate as a tie breaking vote. That's about it. They don't have much power.

Besides the president, the real power in the Administration is the Secretary of State in the cabinet (also 3rd in line to the president). Colen Powell and Condelezza Rice, both under Bush, made them essentially the most powerful African-American politicians to date per power to influence the state of affairs of the US as assigned to their role in the cabinet.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:57 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
We can also discuss if it really even matters, as the VP position role, although will take over if president incapacitated, is a role that really, per the words of FDR's 1st VP, "not worth a bucket of warm ****". They don't do much at all, preside over the senate as a tie breaking vote. That's about it. They don't have much power.
Harris will have more leverage than most VP's given that she's the tie-breaker in a 50-50 Senate tie. She could play an active role in behind-the-scenes negotiations, whipping votes, acting like a de facto majority leader as if she was a 2nd Schumer. Or, she could stay out of the fray and just provide the vote. It remains to be seen.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:01 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
or has an evil cackle.
And that's only because Hillary lost.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:19 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Thread closed because too many of you can't seem to remember that this is the History forum and not the Politics or Current Events forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History