Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 02:59 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
How long? At least several days before it happened. Maybe more. They broadcast reports on the planned invasion on Radio Moscow several days before it took place. The CIA knew that it not only had been leaked but was openly talked about by the exiles in Miami beforehand. Kennedy was not convinced the invasion would work but was willing to risk it to get rid of Fidel. Getting rid of Castro by any means was okay with him. There were dozens of quirky and outlandish CIA plots to kill Castro during this period. The plots supposedly continued up into the Clinton era. One count from Cuban security says there were 638 attempts on Castro's life.

Dulles and his close associates were ousted from the CIA about six months after the BoP fiasco. At the same time the Bay of Pigs mess was taking place and filtering through the media there was an attempted coup in France against De Gaulle over the war in Algeria and negotiations for independence. There was speculation that Dulles' CIA fingerprints were mixed up in that as well. (This was the day after the Bay of Pigs invasion failed but had been planned for some time.) The CIA was also involved in the assassination of Rafael Trujillo, ten-year President of the Dominican Republic, in May of 1961. It seemed like things were getting too sloppy and coming too fast in the CIA. Even if not involved the "agency" was becoming an easy and messy target for blame.

Dulles was behind the coup in Iran that put the Shah in power in 1953. The US fully confessed to the deed and that is still is a sore spot. Add to that the curious fact that Teddy Roosevelt's grandson, Kermit, was a senior CIA operative and heavily engaged in the coup in Iran. There were no less than ten coups and attempted assassinations under Dulles' CIA direction from 1953-1961 (involving Iran, Syria, Guatemala, Indonesia, Cuba (repeatedly), Cambodia, Congo, and Dominican Republic).

You really can't make this stuff up. No casual reader would believe it. The Secretary of State under Eisenhower was John Foster Dulles, brother to the CIA Director Allen Dulles. They were the grandsons of John W. Foster, Secretary of State under Benjamin Harrison. Foster was involved in the coup that overthrew the Hawaiian monarchy and also was one of the first corporate lobbyists in DC. The Dulles boys spent summers with Grandpa Foster. This is just one of the curious elite policy dynasties that have shaped US foreign and domestic activities through the years. (Allen Dulles was even appointed to the Warren Commission by LBJ to investigate Kennedy's assassination.)
You don't think the moment Fidel Castro and his Army found out the mercenaries landed on the beach that the Soviets didn't know or figured it out in what to do ? that is what make the plan suspicious still after 60 years. It makes NO sense that it would succeed at any level but done to push something else and worked up the public. I wonder how this got to the American public? All these operations are classified that the government denies it.

Any cabinet position could be let go at any time especially to assure the public the President and agencies are on top of things, that's how politicians play the game and think the public are stupid. That didn't change the foreign policy but it fools the public. Is not like the a CIA and other agencies stopped in overthrowing governments and stop waging war in so many ways after Dulles was fired. Henry Kissinger was as bad or worse and many others after him. It's like rearranging the chairs in the Titanic and pretend that is being on top of things and problem taken care of.

Again, the people of the CIA are the best liars, tacticians , manipulators, geniuses in the world and in our government. I respect them to a point but I distrust them and fear them from a Veteran's point of view. They don't always have the best interests of the military and that's why there has been a mistrust because the field veterans (people that actually do the fighting) and live by a code and UCMJ ( Uniform Code of Military justice) and the CIA play by no rule and deceives and lies all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
There is a conspiracy theory out there stating the survivors of the Bays of Pigs fiasco are the ones that assassinated JFK for revenge. It can work. The survivors are people trained in covert ops. They have all the skill necessary.

if they wanted "revenge" they would have to kill a lot of people in the CIA and the State Department. Were they going to kill LBJ also who was the #2 man in the JFK administration and continued his policies?

It's hard to accept that JFK was shot by a communist ex-Marine that lived in the Soviet Union and married a Russian and hated JFK's hard tactics on Cuba? JFK wasn't the only President shot in our history or attempted and is not a conspiracy.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:30 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It could be in the front page of the NYT for I care. That is not how our foreign policy and the people in charge of our defense operates (Deep State). ...
Nobody cares about educational credentials about the principals and what stereotypes that may infer. You're just filling up space with empty rhetoric. The point that's been made before and in the article was that the decision was made to go ahead with an operation in which he had considerable doubts. There is planning, recruiting, and training involved in these projects that take time. JFK had only two months to review it. The Cuban revolution was barely two years old. One would assume a planning for counterrevolution began immediately. The longer the US waits, the more difficult it becomes to overthrow the government as it rebuilds the economy. In some rare instances, such as Operation Cyclone in Afghanistan, the US has since admitted that the operation started two years earlier than

Old 05-26-2021, 03:41 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
You don't think the moment Fidel Castro and his Army found out the mercenaries landed on the beach that the Soviets didn't know or figured it out in what to do ?

The local Cuban Militia engaged in a fire-fight with CIA frogmen on the beach before the invasion started -- then they alerted the Cuban Military. The Russians and Cubans knew it was coming -- they had floodlights rigged up on one of the beaches.

I wonder how this got to the American public? All these operations are classified that the government denies it.

It was in all of the newspapers and on TV. There was no blackout or attempt to keep the invasion quiet. I remember it as being a top story in the news.

Any cabinet position could be let go at any time especially to assure the public the President and agencies are on top of things... Is not like the a CIA and other agencies stopped in overthrowing governments and stop waging war in so many ways after Dulles was fired.

Dulles and associates were doing a lot on the sly but some of it was sloppy. They were suspected of things that they might not have done. It was getting sloppy and JFK was sensitive to the blowback. The CIA might have cleaned up their act briefly but kept going.

Again, the people of the CIA are the best liars, tacticians , manipulators, geniuses in the world and in our government.
That is a bit scary at times because sometimes they seem totally inept. The Bay of Pigs was such a time. Some of it seems to come out of the Pink Panther movies -- especially the assassination attempts on Castro.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Nobody cares about educational credentials about the principals and what stereotypes that may infer. You're just filling up space with empty rhetoric. The point that's been made before and in the article was that the decision was made to go ahead with an operation in which he had considerable doubts. There is planning, recruiting, and training involved in these projects that take time. JFK had only two months to review it. The Cuban revolution was barely two years old. One would assume a planning for counterrevolution began immediately. The longer the US waits, the more difficult it becomes to overthrow the government as it rebuilds the economy. In some rare instances, such as Operation Cyclone in Afghanistan, the US has since admitted that the operation started two years earlier than

now you accuse me of empty rhetoric but you speak for JFK like you knew the man personally and he had regrets because you read is some article? Really?

He had more time than 2 months to study the plan and put it on hold, HE IS THE PRESIDENT but lets give the article and you the benefit of the doubt, 2 months. 2 months is plenty of time for the leader of a free world and a Yale graduate who was a former Senator to view this plan and know it was a FAILURE and bad and he had the ultimate constitutional power to reject it, put it on the side and even fire anybody in the executive branch that didn't go along.

2 months it's Boot Camp to become a Marine. Don't tell me he needed more time to reach a conclusion that it was a failure and put the security of the free world in danger.

Do you understand that even though Cuban's government was 2 years old but it became an allied to a SUPER POWER NUCLEAR COUNTRY. That means any overthrow by invasion to that country it would have pulled in the Soviet Union in and risk NATO and the European Alliance which the Red Army was just at their border waiting to mop the floor with them. Do you understand it's a bad risk. You think it's worth taking Cuba at the expense of Europe? That's a bad trade and you don't need to be a Harvard graduate.

Invading Cuba at the time, was like invading East Germany. You don't think there wouldn't be a counter-reaction by the Soviets? The bucks stops with JFK.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That is a bit scary at times because sometimes they seem totally inept. The Bay of Pigs was such a time. Some of it seems to come out of the Pink Panther movies -- especially the assassination attempts on Castro.

they seemed like inept but they are not, it's part of the plan. It's inept to us the military on the ground and civilians but it's part of the plan and casualties? they care more about results than pawns. These people are in another league. These are the people behind the current 19 year old war that they have sold it so good that most Americans doesn't notice it or don't care because they bought in.

They remind me of the character in The Game of Thrones, Lord Petyr Baelish (littlefinger) Liars, manipulators, great tacticians and geniuses.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:52 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
I wish you'd get your facts straight. JFK did not graduate from Yale.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I wish you'd get your facts straight. JFK did not graduate from Yale.
Excuse me Harvard. Like that is important to the topic, 2 Ivy League schools of elitists. You mentioned that to me like 3 times here. You really don’t like anybody critiquing JFK. I mean people here got their facts wrong in huge stuff like field commanders having the authority to drop nukes and crickets from you but I put the wrong Ivy League school in 1 post and you had to respond. I find that funny.

I won’t ever mix up the schools ever for JFK.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:55 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
if they wanted "revenge" they would have to kill a lot of people in the CIA and the State Department. Were they going to kill LBJ also who was the #2 man in the JFK administration and continued his policies?

It's hard to accept that JFK was shot by a communist ex-Marine that lived in the Soviet Union and married a Russian and hated JFK's hard tactics on Cuba? JFK wasn't the only President shot in our history or attempted and is not a conspiracy.
I am not saying I subscribe to that conspiracy.

Yet, with that said, I still find it odd that Lee Harvey Oswald adamantly denied being involved right up to the point Jack Ruby kills him out in the open. And I find so strange that someone would then just kill Lee Harvey Oswald out in the open not giving him great chance to get away with it. Was Ruby not afraid of getting caught?

Old 05-26-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I am not saying I subscribe to that conspiracy.

Yet, with that said, I still find it odd that Lee Harvey Oswald adamantly denied being involved right up to the point Jack Ruby kills him out in the open. And I find so strange that someone would then just kill Lee Harvey Oswald out in the open not giving him great chance to get away with it. Was Ruby not afraid of getting caught?
My point is that our government has a long history of leaving mercenaries and “freedom fighters” out in the cold for decades. That would mean that every President and other people part of government would have a target 24/7 by these people. They are not going to take a risk at going at a President and having the full American force on them when they live here, have their families here and their kids go to schools and they have businesses here. It makes for great Hollywood movie but after 5 minutes is no longer entertaining .

It was proven that Oswald, An Ex-marine that jumped the fence to be in the Soviet Unión and married a Russian that hated the JFK policy shot the President. Blaming on the Cuban exiles is like blaming on the mafia.

Ruby was terminally ill. He had no motive to live l. So he went there and shot him. That is on the Dallas police department. I seen local police to be careles in many cities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History