Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 01:47 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
It's a pretty universally accepted fact that Oswald killed police officer J.D. Tippit about 45 minutes after JFK was shot. If Oswald was innocent, what possible motivation would he have had to murder a police officer?

That is one big problem for the conspiracy people. He worked at the depository building. And after the shooting they had a roll call and he was the only one missing making him a suspect. He made it home and got his handgun. And when Tippet stopped him he shot Tippet. So we need to believe a man capable of killing a cop somehow was not capable of killing JFK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:29 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
There’s a section for the theory at the bottom. Executive order 11110 to reduce federal reserve notes and replace them with silver certificates. In other words, transferring the power of money from the federal reserve, back to the u.s treasury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

https://youtu.be/Pgv0c2vwLjU

It’s as “good” as any theory I suppose. Although, I do often wonder about my first point even if I was mostly joking. What if the soviets were involved and releasing that truth was simply too inconvenient for mankind that it had to be buried?

But that’s how conspiracy theories work. No one likes the simple answer that it could have been 1 man.
One of the reasons the Warren Commission was appointed was to dispel any rumor that the USSR had JFK killed. Nobody wanted to start WW III over a rumor.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:43 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
It's a pretty universally accepted fact that Oswald killed police officer J.D. Tippit about 45 minutes after JFK was shot. If Oswald was innocent, what possible motivation would he have had to murder a police officer?
Why do you think it is widely accepted the Oswald killed Tippit? I'll answer that for you. The witnesses were brought to police headquarters and shown a lineup. Oswald was the only one wearing light colored clothing, and he protested that it was not a fair lineup. A lawyer could probably get the witness identification thrown out of court. Of course, the ballistic evidence would have gotten him convicted on that charge, but the witness identification wasn't very well managed.

Personally, I think the evidence supports Oswald shooting Tippit, but I think there is a lot more to the story of that part of the day that is rarely discussed.

Tippit had been on the police force for 14 years and only had the rank of patrolman. What was wrong with him that he never got a promotion? Tippit was outside his assigned patrol area when he encountered Oswald. Why was he there? Oswald walked from his rooming house to the encounter with Tippit, and afterward, he changed course and went to the Texas theater. Where was he headed when he was seen by Tippit? Nobody ever asks that question, but his route would have taken him directly to Jack Ruby's apartment. I read somewhere (in one of a couple of hundred books) that Tippit had been seen with Oswald at a diner out in the resident area of Dallas. This claim was never investigated.

See? There are a lot of complications in this case, and I haven't even touched on all of the conspiracy theories (nor will I). We'll probably never know who was behind the killing, but someday we will probably know how it was done.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:10 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,723 times
The most important piece of forensic evidence from the Kennedy assassination -- his brain, which was removed at autopsy -- went missing and no one knows where it went or who took it. If it were preserved for analysis now it would undoubtedly answer the major unresolved questions from the assassination.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:11 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Oswald did it.
We "saw" him get shot on TV but maybe that was a fake performance. The CIA might have scampered him off to a hideout where he and his rogue agents have been manipulating elections and the US government ever since. He would only be 81. George Soros is 89 and he is behind everything, so 81 is nothing.
What's really sad is, someone is going to read this post and actually think there is some truth to what you said.
Ready for your new career on with Newsmax/Infowars

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
No, we certainly are not in agreement.

Kennedy was assassinated by a scrawny little loser crouched behind a stack of cardboard boxes. That's the way it actually was.
This and nothing more.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:58 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
I haven't read all 6 pages.
Kennedy was a democratic supporter of equal rights, and a threat to the white supremacists, and white privilege. Like MLK assassinated 5 years later. There's the times that these assassinations happened, during the civil rights movement. Could some of those who hated Kennedy for his support of equal rights also be in the government? Quite possibly, but no, I do not believe "his own government" assassinated him. Was it one somewhat dumb guy acting alone? Possibly there too, but there's no way to know. Good chance that Ruby shut Oswald up, that I do believe. Were there people in some form of the government that were involved? I would not be surprised. I think this assassination was about the trajectory of the nation regarding race.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:23 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Who's "we", Kemo-Sabe? I'm not at all in agreement.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:54 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,558,693 times
Moderator cut: Quoted post removed. This isn't the Politics forum

I also notice that people who believe Oswald was completely innocent, or a 'patsy'.. omit the testimony that Oswald's wife gave.. that Oswald tried to kill Gen. Edwin Walker in Dallas, prior to JFK's killing.

She testified that Oswald wanted Walker dead, bcuz Walker was an outspoken anti-Marxist 'extremist'.

It is possible that Oswald's widow lied about this, and it is possible that Oswald was a 'patsy' for other conspirators. But I believe the evidence, behavior, and logical motives demonstrate that Oswald was willing to kill high profile Americans (ie JFK & Walker) who were fighting against Marxism. But who knows..

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-13-2021 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Quoted post removed.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
I was in college when Kennedy was assassinated, and watched everything first-hand.

It was natural conspiracy theories began; Oswald was so strange, as was Dallas of that time, to the average American, the conspiracies began before Kennedy was buried.

The Warren Commission was headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren, and it was given full authority to use everything the U.S. government had to get to the bottom of the assassination. Warren intended everything- all findings- were to be made public after completion, and while closed, none of the committee's sessions were secret. Any witness could repeat his testimony to whom he pleased outside of the meeting room, and most did, as the press surrounded everything constantly.

Once complete, 15 volumes of meetings were published.
All the committees' findings, notes, testimony, witnesses...everything was disclosed.
The commission placed most of the blame on Dallas, but included the Secret Service and other agencies. Warren admitted that, due to the confusion and mis-handling that happened during the events, there were always going to be things that would never be known.

Years later, a second commission, charged to revue the findings with the new information that was uncovered, including the conspiracy theories, found the essential findings were all accurate. Lee Oswald was a lone assassin, and he killed Kennedy because of the Cuban missile blockade.

I am content with the Warren Commission's findings. Back then, every agency connected to Presidential security knew there was going to be hell to pay, so they were all willing to share the blame to better make the changes that were needed. Congress was blameless, and wanted it to be proven, and Warren was fully immune to any repercussions that were aimed at him.
There was nothing in the findings that benefitted anyone who was involved by hiding something. The transparency of the committee and its findings was so extensive as to be beyond contradiction.

But the event was so muddled and blurred, done in full view of so many witnesses and so profoundly shocking to the nation, it was inevitable the conspiracies wouldn't ever die. That they would only flourish and become ever more fanciful as the legends grew around a dead President who was already a legend when he was elected.

After 58 years, every one of the participants and suspected participants is dead and gone. I met my first conspiracy junkie in 1973, and was astounded his deep belief in them back then.

That was back when Jim Garrison, a leading conspiracy theorist, was involved in his own investigation and it was all over the news of the day. Garrison fell into the same black hole of suspicion that never provided any evidence that all of them did, so I thought they would all fade away in time.

I never expected any of the conspiracies would live on this long. If there were any secrets left, they would have been within the CIA, the only agency left that would want them kept secret, and President Trump ordered the CIA to disclose everything it had.

I think the assassination theories have become a sport of sorts, something deep and dark to entertain minds on a restless night now. They are far too entertaining to ever die, just like the center of a black hole is endlessly mysterious.

But Oswald the Assassin is no longer such a dreaded oddity. We have all learned how deadly the disaffected, cut-off, lone wolf with a bloody mind can be, as they have so common in the 21st century.

The lone assassins who followed him have killed hundreds more than Oswald, and he showed them all how easy it was to pick a target and go after it.

The lone wolves never need conspiracies to aid them; they are much more effective doing their work all alone, and they don't even need to hide very much when they're planning and doing it. Involving others will only jeopardize their plans.

That's the primary reason I don't ever believe the theories about Kennedy. The lone wolf killer is safe as long as he stays to himself and acts alone.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:35 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Obviously, when we were growing up decades ago, and taught about this in school, we all bought in to the Warren Commission whitewash and that was that. We had solid faith in our government and it was unthinkable that they could do something like this. We were naive.

Nobody questioned the idea that Dulles, a guy Kennedy had fired, was put on the Commission. That is outrageous. There is also the Bush family connection to a CIA affiliated person who befriended Oswald out of the blue, even though they have zero in common, not to mention decades apart in age. The shooting itself. The aftermath. Oswald himself, who I don’t even believe capable of pulling this off. He was an uneducated, ill tempered, simpleton.

I could go on and on with all the inconsistencies that we all just accepted as fact.

But it’s now 2021 and we are fully aware with eyes wide open. We know firsthand what our government is capable of. It’s not unthinkable anymore.

So my main questions:

What theory makes most sense?

What events, no matter how small or tertiary, give you the most problems when you try to take the Warren report at face value?

Lastly, if there is anyone out there who actually believes the narrative that Oswald acted alone and killed JFK, why do you still believe it?
Oswald acted alone and got lucky.
People who object to the Warren Commission report have never read it. I bought a copy and read it years ago and it addresses every "question" that has "never been answered".

Read it. Then talk about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History