Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 10:05 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
So it's now 2022. Are we all in agreement that the Kennedy assassination has been flogged to death and we're no closer to answers than we were on December 31, 1963?

no, the information is there, but cluttered up by bad information as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 11:14 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
Quote:
So it's now 2022. Are we all in agreement that the Kennedy assassination has been flogged to death and we're no closer to answers than we were on December 31, 1963?
no, the information is there, but cluttered up by bad information as well
If the information magically appeared in unequivocal form, who are you going to prosecute almost 59 years after the event?

Old 04-18-2022, 03:58 PM

6,100 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The principal interrogator of Oswald did make notes though. His notes have been preserved and comprise thirteen type written pages.

This link will take you there. Don't get confused. It would seem to indicate there are 26 pages of notes. However, one half of the pages are a reverse copy of each page.

At the very end, there are hints why the interview was not tape recorded. The decision was made to interview Oswald in the interrogators office because it had close proximity (20 feet) to the cell Oswald was being held in. The pandemonium in the police station following the assassination was enormous. Apparently, there were large numbers of people in the hallways milling about. Why the police could not control that I am uncertain. However, it was apparently easier to interview Oswald in that particular room than to take him elsewhere. Obviously, a taped interview would have been better, but that is the reason given and thirteen pages of typed notes are fairly extensive. Oswald was evasive in answers to questions about both the pistol and rifle that he owned. He denied being the person in a photograph taken of him holding a rifle (likely the one used to kill JFK) even though the photo was found in his personal belongings in a house where he and Marina had been staying.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67...h340577/m1/25/
Did you actually read this? I did, and it’s complete nonsense. I would not call these notes “fairly extensive” at all. They grilled him for hours and all they have is this non conclusive nonsense?

Were you in Russia? Were you in Mexico City? What does that have to do with anything?

The photo, he swears it was a doctored photo. De Mohrenschildt (CIA) says he had that gun, because of course he would say that. The real question is why was a CIA asset even speaking to Lee. Marina says he had that gun, but I discount her testimony as she would be very easily manipulated with threats of deportation.

His alleged motive for killing JFK was because of his Fair Play for Cuba affiliation, but Oswald admits that LBJ would have the same policies going forward about Cuba as JFK did, which to me, negates the Cuba motive.

So what motive are we going with? Just that Lee planned all this out, did it by himself, and is crazy? He’s so crazy, he takes a job at the TBD, and then waits a couple months for JFK to ride by. Is that what we are going with? Then Ruby take him out for what strong enough reason?

Lee just does not fit. I try to make him fit this thing, but he just doesn’t. Ruby doesn’t fit either.

There are problems with everything. The DPD is a complete madhouse filled with amateurs, and apparently the FBI and Secret Service are all ok with the way it went down as Lee was being held and then transferred, and then shot dead?

Many think Lee didn’t even shoot the rifle because of no residue on his cheek.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:08 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
Quote:
If the information magically appeared in unequivocal form, who are you going to prosecute almost 59 years after the event?

at the time of the assassination the right-wing JBS was shouting communism at everything, and no detailed

look at the evidence could really happen for fear of starting ww3, its my opinion that many good patriotic people were told to keep quiet for fear of ww3 and "the good of the country" and not for some other dastardly reason, those people are long dead

Old 04-19-2022, 10:45 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
at the time of the assassination the right-wing JBS was shouting communism at everything, and no detailed

look at the evidence could really happen for fear of starting ww3, its my opinion that many good patriotic people were told to keep quiet for fear of ww3 and "the good of the country" and not for some other dastardly reason, those people are long dead
Or maybe there was no conspiracy at all. Has that possibility even entered into your head?

Old 04-19-2022, 11:04 AM

I’ve read another lengthy story about how Dr. West of the CIA, who was a key component of the MK Ultra program, was “treating” Ruby in jail. Oddly, right after Ruby started receiving these “treatments”, he went completely insane, his mind snapped. I did not know about these visits to Ruby, nor did I know he had psychotic episodes. These details just aren’t well known, and I don’t believe have been discussed on this thread.

My main question: Why was the CIA visiting Ruby in jail? Every time you turn around, there is the CIA neck deep in all of this.

But this MK Ultra connection also ties into a weird bit of testimony that was provided on the record after the chaotic aftermath of Lee being shot by Ruby. When Ruby was being subdued after he fired the gun, more than one person stated that Ruby didn’t know where he was and what had just happened, and that he was confused as to why people were holding him down.

Which makes you wonder about Lee, and his military intelligence connections and training, and also De Mohrenschildt. Is it possible that Lee and Ruby were rolled up into a CIA plot with their minds altered?

I’m sure many will scoff at the mere mention of MK Ultra, but there is one thing that we can all agree upon, which is that the CIA should not have been visiting Ruby in jail, and any rumors of MK Ultra should not be anywhere near this case. But here we all are with it staring at us directly in the face.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:29 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Or maybe there was no conspiracy at all. Has that possibility even entered into your head?
If they find the conspiracy will they exhume the corpses and riddle them with firing-squad bullets?

Old 04-19-2022, 12:03 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So that leads one to reasonably believe that they absolutely did have an exact word for word transcript, both audio and dictated, and they buried it until the 70’s, when they outright destroyed it to keep out of the hands of Congress.

What were they hiding? Because if all they had was Oswald denying he did it and that he was a patsy, they would’ve kept it. But Oswald went in depth as to his role in all of this. Started going on and on about Raleigh, NC, and John Hurt.

If John Hurt of Raleigh, NC was so critically important that he was Oswald’s first phone call,
you better believe Lee talked at length about John Hurt to the interrogators. The transcript showed undeniable proof of a much larger conspiracy and they buried it.

Not only that, but the day that Lee was shot, they were dragging out his exit with even more meaningless interrogations, so they could get Ruby in place.

Lee just does not fit at all. They could not have picked a worse “suspect” if they had tried.

That’s my whole problem with this thing. Once you study Lee in detail, the whole house of cards come falling down. That’s why I never questioned Lee as the shooter before, because I had never studied him before. Just focus on Lee and it becomes clear that this thing doesn’t make sense.
I had never heard of John Hurt so, although my beliefs mostly seem to mirror the writer of this post, I decided to look him up. Apparently this John Hurt called Oswald even though he denied it for years. One article stated that the only evidence was a scrap of paper with the phone number written by a telephone operator. From the scrap of paper it's impossible to tell whether the call was incoming or outgoing. Here's some more information I found:

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/Raleigh.htm

John Hurt died in 1981. A few months later, his wife told the author that Hurt had admitted the truth before he died. Terribly upset on the day of the assassination, he got extremely drunk — a habitual problem with him — and telephoned the Dallas jail and asked to speak to Oswald. When denied access, he left his name and number. Mrs. Hurt said her husband told her he never had any earlier contact with Oswald and had been too embarrassed to admit that he got drunk and placed the call. In view of the fact that Hurt’s military-intelligence background appears innocent of any deep operational connections, the account by John Hurt’s wife makes as much sense as anything else.

In other words, make of it what you will because once again, no one knows for sure. I did read another article the describes an interrogation of John Hurt right after the assassination, due to finding the phone number, and he insists that he knew nothing about it and he didn't make any phone call.

Unless there is proof that LHO and John Hurt definitely did speak on the phone, I would have to discount this sort of connection when looking for information that leads to the truth. Perhaps there were additional phone calls, perhaps John Hurt really did have intelligence connections. But so far, there doesn't seem to be any actual proof.

I still do not believe that LHO was a lone wolf who ended up in the right place at the right time with a rifle and killed the president. I believed it for many years but there's too much evidence to the contrary.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I had never heard of John Hurt so, although my beliefs mostly seem to mirror the writer of this post, I decided to look him up. Apparently this John Hurt called Oswald even though he denied it for years. One article stated that the only evidence was a scrap of paper with the phone number written by a telephone operator. From the scrap of paper it's impossible to tell whether the call was incoming or outgoing. Here's some more information I found:

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/Raleigh.htm

John Hurt died in 1981. A few months later, his wife told the author that Hurt had admitted the truth before he died. Terribly upset on the day of the assassination, he got extremely drunk — a habitual problem with him — and telephoned the Dallas jail and asked to speak to Oswald. When denied access, he left his name and number. Mrs. Hurt said her husband told her he never had any earlier contact with Oswald and had been too embarrassed to admit that he got drunk and placed the call. In view of the fact that Hurt’s military-intelligence background appears innocent of any deep operational connections, the account by John Hurt’s wife makes as much sense as anything else.

In other words, make of it what you will because once again, no one knows for sure. I did read another article the describes an interrogation of John Hurt right after the assassination, due to finding the phone number, and he insists that he knew nothing about it and he didn't make any phone call.

Unless there is proof that LHO and John Hurt definitely did speak on the phone, I would have to discount this sort of connection when looking for information that leads to the truth. Perhaps there were additional phone calls, perhaps John Hurt really did have intelligence connections. But so far, there doesn't seem to be any actual proof.

I still do not believe that LHO was a lone wolf who ended up in the right place at the right time with a rifle and killed the president. I believed it for many years but there's too much evidence to the contrary.
I have heard that explanation on John Hurt before, But I have problems with it. I firmly believe that Lee wanted to speak with John Hurt, not that John Hurt had called in and that was the first time Lee had ever heard of him when presumably someone would say, “Hey, there’s a John Hurt from Raleigh who wants to speak with you.” Also, why do these peripheral characters all seem to have CIA and military intelligence backgrounds? It’s just too much of a coincidence.

Here’s what I believe on the John Hurt- Raleigh, NC angle to this whole thing.

First off, I discount most wives testimony. 1963 was very different than today, and most married women, particularly older married women, just weren’t as educated as they were today, nor were they included in their husbands professional life. They were in the home and they ran the household. They just weren’t professionally involved and that’s not me trying to be sexist or misogynistic. In 2022, I absolutely would believe women’s testimony because they are just as educated as men and they are included in professional America. Anyway, John Hurt’s wife wouldn’t know what her husband was up to, except his drinking, which I do believe he was an alcoholic. Obviously, John Hurt was no case agent or important player, he could barely function. But I do believe he was a cut out for an actual case agent, and he was paid to relay messages and/or contact someone when Lee got in touch. For him to come back later and give testimony that he was drunk and he just happened to call the Dallas jail, that’s absurd. Hundreds of crankpots probably called the Dallas jail, but what made John Hurt stand out was that Lee was trying to get ahold of him.

I also believe that John Hurt was likely threatened or rewarded to play ball, and he went along with it. Whacking people is a last resort and very rare. The vast majority of people can be handled quite easily with carrot or stick without the need for them to die.

Do I know any of this as fact? No, I don’t. But this is just another detail that just doesn’t fit. John Hurt from Raleigh, NC should not be anywhere near this case, Lee should not know him or know of him, and if the answer is that John Hurt got drunk and called the Dallas jail and that’s all there was to it, and neither guy knew each other, that explanation doesn’t fly with me. Sorry.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:06 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Lastly, if there is anyone out there who actually believes the narrative that Oswald acted alone and killed JFK, why do you still believe it?
For all the talk, there has been no solid evidence produced that anyone else was involved. Now, if you want to blame the government for something .... in retrospect Oswald was certainly someone whose behavior was very odd and probably should have been monitored more closely. But hey, we aren't even getting that done today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History