Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 10:28 AM

6,121 posts, read 3,347,968 times

Advertisements

Obviously, when we were growing up decades ago, and taught about this in school, we all bought in to the Warren Commission whitewash and that was that. We had solid faith in our government and it was unthinkable that they could do something like this. We were naive.

Nobody questioned the idea that Dulles, a guy Kennedy had fired, was put on the Commission. That is outrageous. There is also the Bush family connection to a CIA affiliated person who befriended Oswald out of the blue, even though they have zero in common, not to mention decades apart in age. The shooting itself. The aftermath. Oswald himself, who I don’t even believe capable of pulling this off. He was an uneducated, ill tempered, simpleton.

I could go on and on with all the inconsistencies that we all just accepted as fact.

But it’s now 2021 and we are fully aware with eyes wide open. We know firsthand what our government is capable of. It’s not unthinkable anymore.

So my main questions:

What theory makes most sense?

What events, no matter how small or tertiary, give you the most problems when you try to take the Warren report at face value?

Lastly, if there is anyone out there who actually believes the narrative that Oswald acted alone and killed JFK, why do you still believe it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 11:04 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Oh gawd. These conspiracy theories have been discussed for years with no credible conclusions everywhere and on City Data.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:18 AM

6,121 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Oh gawd. These conspiracy theories have been discussed for years with no credible conclusions everywhere and on City Data.
If you believe the Warren Commission, that’s your right. So is it a lack of evidence that keeps you on the reservation? Do you not give any credence to the fact that they likely controlled the narrative?

I feel that there is plenty of evidence to question everything about this. But again, interesting to know that at least one person trusts LBJ’s government wholeheartedly. Thanks for responding.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:28 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
So it’s 2021, are we all now in complete agreement that JFK was assassinated by his own government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I could go on and on....
No doubt...
Take it to the P&OC forum.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:40 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
My money is on rogue elements of the CIA under the direction of the fired Alan Dulles, a man that FDR would have tried for treason had he lived until the end of the war. JFK fired him. Neither of the Kennedys wanted to send troops to Vietnam and they were both murdered. Coincidence? Maybe.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
I think a lot of conspiracy theories originate from the naive assumption that the world operates in some kind of normal rational order. But in fact some lone nutcase can commit a crime that will change the course of history. For the conspiracy minded there must be some complex multi level organized and sinister organization that is behind the murder of a respected and popular political figure.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:32 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times
91, I'm definitely open to alternate theories.. but if it was a conspiracy, why hasn't a single conspirator come forward with compelling evidence to verify it (?) After 60 years, I would think some remorseful, guilty players would have come forward (even if only on their deathbeds).
I believe Oswald acted alone, as an angry Marxist who resented Kennedy. But I'll always hear out other theories.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
91, I'm definitely open to alternate theories.. but if it was a conspiracy, why hasn't a single conspirator come forward with compelling evidence to verify it (?) After 60 years, I would think some remorseful, guilty players would have come forward (even if only on their deathbeds).
I believe Oswald acted alone, as an angry Marxist who resented Kennedy. But I'll always hear out other theories.
I totally agree. I have read a lot of books on the subject. There is some interesting theories, but nobody keeps a secret for almost 58 years. Somebody would've told someone something.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:56 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
There will never be complete agreement in this matter. Choose another fantasy or pipe dream, because this beaten dead horse is immortal.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:39 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Lastly, if there is anyone out there who actually believes the narrative that Oswald acted alone and killed JFK, why do you still believe it?

I still believe it, because I have studied the case well. I am also more than passing familiar with the Secret Service PPT methods and procedures as I trained with them at one point in time. The lone assassin with a rifle has always been a threat, and it still is. It is, in fact the most plausible scenario, and the scenario with the highest likelihood of success.

In any conspiracy, the odds of being intentionally or inadvertently exposed increase as the numbers of co-conspirators increases. The lone actor, as long as he does not inform anyone else of his plans, has no such risk of exposure. As long as he can get within range, and his abilities and equipment are up to snuff, his biggest concern is getting away afterward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History