Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 01:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSan View Post
I have come here to tell a true story. A secret story. A Top Secret
story of historical significance. My fathers story. SSGT Alvin R.
Howard USAF. It needs to be told. He held on to this secret all his
life. It was only in the last few years of his life when he was
diagnosed with dementia, that he opened up to me
and told me his
secret that he was sworn to keep all these many years since the early
1950's.
You must realize that this is a problem. A person with dementia is unreliable.

Sorry about his recent passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 09:00 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,313,910 times
Not a secret.
https://www.airspacemag.com/military...ear-180955324/

"President Truman raised the ante. At a November press conference, he told reporters he would take whatever steps were necessary to win in Korea, including the use of nuclear weapons. Those weapons, he added, would be controlled by military commanders in the field."

"In April of the next year, Truman put the finishing touches on Korea’s nuclear war. He allowed nine nuclear bombs with fissile cores to be transferred into Air Force custody and transported to Okinawa. Truman also authorized another deployment of atomic-capable B-29s to Okinawa. Strategic Air Command set up a command-and-control team in Tokyo."

"In October, there would be an epilogue of sorts to the Korean nuclear war. Operation Hudson Harbor would conduct several mock atomic bombing runs with dummy or conventional bombs across the war zone. Called “terrifying” by some historians, Hudson Harbor merely tested the complex nuclear-strike machinery, as the Strategic Air Command had been doing for years over American cities."

Also, Many of you know of Travis Air Force base, named after General Travis after he died in a B-29 that crashed carrying a un-cored nuke destined for Guam in the initial stages of the war. I already knew this story due to a vague connection to the Travis family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_F...ing_B-29_crash

Old 10-06-2021, 07:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Ok true story here too:

My dad was an officer in the Air Force during the Vietnam War. He was a copilot for C-130s.

Anyway, he was at DaNang when it was bombed in I think 1967 or so - he took tons of photos and later told me that he just never believed he was going to die in Vietnam, and I guess he was right.

He also flew a lot of reconnaissance missions all over the world. He had a very high security clearance.

He didn't retire from the AF - he got out around 1970.

Years later, he was notified by "someone" that he had used a code word or group of words of some sort in some email. He did this totally unwittingly - it was a weird combination of words apparently but he had used it communicating with a client. He was pretty surprised according to him.

He never developed dementia, thank goodness. He died from an autoimmune disorder that caused a stroke. He was sick for the last year of his life from this autoimmune disorder. During that time he gave me the name of someone he knew and said that this person would be contacting me after he died and would send me something in the mail that could not be revealed till after he died, but he wanted it revealed. He also made sure that I met this person in real life before he died, though at the time we met, he hadn't told me yet about whatever it was that this person was holding on to.

Anyway, so my dad died, and I notified everyone I could think of, including this particular person. This person didn't show up at the funeral. A few weeks after my dad died, though, he did contact me. He was asking about something my dad had supposedly left him (some part of some sort of weapon). So when he contacted me, I said I would look for it and I also said "My dad said you had something to send me, so I'd like to give you my address." At that point, this person said "What? Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. I don't have anything to send you." (I did not have him confused with someone else.)

Anyway, he never sent me anything, and I never found whatever he was asking about either. So there's that. Oh well.

Every once in awhile I wonder what it was that my dad felt like he needed to take to his grave, but then, my dad also believed in Bigfoot.

A few months ago my brother contacted me and said "Did you read about the top secret stuff that the Air Force finally opened up about, about aliens?" I said, "Yeah, I think so." My brother was all excited, but I wasn't. Finally he said "I have to admit that I'm disappointed in your response - I thought you'd be more interested in this." I said "Look. I'm very pragmatic. If I can't do anything about something, I don't spend much time thinking about it or worrying about it or getting very excited about it. I already believed that surely we're not the only life form in the universe. I can't do anything about aliens one way or the other. So I just don't think about it too much."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History