Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 09:54 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,006,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Washington has not been forgotten. He is being erased.
Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Canceled? Erased? This makes no sense to me.

Did these words develop new meanings?
No, it is just right-wing echo chamber idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 10:20 AM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
A few from Black History that isn’t widely known nor taught.
https://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-bassreeves/
Bass Reeves deserves a high budget quality movie

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...raffic-lights/
Garrett Morgan contributed to modern firefighting and military technology to save lives. He also made improvement to the current traffic signals at the time which was just stop and go and added what would become the yellow caution warning that the stop was about to appear.
Of those I would list George Washington Carver as forgotten by history.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:33 PM

63 posts, read 45,916 times
I'd put in a word for Jesus. The Jesus found in the four Gospels has somehow been morphed into a politically correct Marxist/Globalist who loves Talmudic Jews, homosexuals, feminists, et cetera.

Of course the real Jesus should be considered by today's moral standards to have been an anti-semite, sexist, racist and homophobe.

The real Jesus has been forgotten, and most Christians appear to worship a deity not resembling the Jesus found in the New Testament.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:53 PM

8,479 posts, read 6,875,465 times
The unknown person or persons who discovered that cereal grains ferment and produce alcoholic beverages. Cheers.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:36 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,158,211 times
Nikola Tesla, and it is not even close.
He is the most important human in history when we talk real life improvement progress!

Just think about it, until Tesla humans progress was minimal and this is for thousands of years.

Because of Tesla we have the induction motor/generator (development of AC (alternating current) power systems).
Tesla is the reason we have an electrical grid and rest of conveniences that came out of it.

Human progress took a sharp advance in the last 100 years after almost being stagnant for ten of thousands of years before Tesla.

All real progress (AC being the starting point) happen after Nikola Tesla inventions - read about him!
There are still some of his inventions that are under veil of secrecy - a lot of info about him on YouTube, etc.

Last edited by 28173; 08-22-2022 at 04:05 PM..

Old 08-22-2022, 03:35 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,136,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venesa1 View Post
There are many great people who history has forgotten. One such person is George Washington. He was a great military leader and the first President of the United States. He led the country through its early years and helped to establish it as a great nation. He is a hero to many Americans and should be remembered for his great contributions to the country.
No one has forgotten George Washington.

Old 08-22-2022, 03:52 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,136,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
not going be anybody from the south, anybody with the confedrate, anybody white, anybody from calfornia, virginia or texas, no new england people, school teacher, fireman or police. no hollywood or musicians either
What??

Are you saying there are no forgettable great people from those areas? That there was no great confederate, or no forgotten but great Californian, Virginian or Texan? How about Sally Ride...wasn't she a school teacher as well as an astronaut? How about ALL the firemen and police who died heroically on 9/11? How about Steve Buschemi, who was a volunteer firefighter turned actor, who volunteered his services in on 9/11?

Old 08-22-2022, 04:42 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,231,715 times
Quote:
There are many great people who history has forgotten. One such person is George Washington. He was a great military leader and the first President of the United States. He led the country through its early years and helped to establish it as a great nation. He is a hero to many Americans and should be remembered for his great contributions to the country.
I don't know who I'd name. They're forgotten and so I don't know them.

Old 08-22-2022, 06:53 PM

1,411 posts, read 564,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Mao
Years ago, I made a forecast. If I time-traveled, from 1970 to , say 2470, what historical figure would people ask me about? To me, the answer seemed a slam dunk. Mao Tse-tung.

Today, only 50 years later, Mao is completely forgotten, even in his homeland. . Although the world in on the brink of complete domination, peacefullly, by the entity that Mao built, almost single-handedly.
How many millions of his own countrymen died so this ruthless megalomaniac could size total power.
How 'bout that "Great Leap Forward", wonderful ideas; most Chinese must have been thrilled trying to make steel in their own back yard.
Plus he had terrible teeth and raped hundreds of young girls.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:55 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,813,701 times
Quote:
There are many great people who history has forgotten. One such person is George Washington. ...
?????
After this bizarro post I can't fathom who would even respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History