Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times

Advertisements

There might be a similiar situation (twofold). I come up with Custers last stand. Part of the skirmishes were Buffalo Run massacre. Major Reno and Capt Keogh in other fights???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
Right you are, Reno is who I was thinking of

Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Custers last stand was just one skirmish. Reading up on the events leading to the event was in my opinion a large screwup by many people. The Infantry companys had a shortage of Officers (many were unseasoned), soldiers were untrained and ill equiped and with the death of leading officers they were fighting in a disorganized manner. This was based on Info passed down by Indian decendents and evidence of equipment locations. A big shame. Steve

Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
When I was kid, Custer was a hero, now most say he was a fool. All I know is he looked at all them indians and said "Charge"........ He had a set of big balls fer sure

Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM

Cali Bassman; Your comment gave me a laugh and juggeled my memory to 1990 while driving back from Mexico City via Acapulco stopped for a couple of days at Zihuatanejo. They had as in many towns a large building that housed a fresh veg mkt/New/used clothes and some food stands. My mexican friend with me and I sat on a couple of stools and waited for service. The owner, a big guy about 250 lbs was wiping the counter and I says to him "tiene huevos" ? (do you have eggs). He leans over the counter to me and speaks in English "yes, I got Balls". It surprised me and my friend almost fell off the stool laughing so hard. Never know for sure, some have balls between their ears. Steve

Old 08-22-2008, 06:15 AM

594 posts, read 1,778,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Cali Bassman; Your comment gave me a laugh and juggeled my memory to 1990 while driving back from Mexico City via Acapulco stopped for a couple of days at Zihuatanejo. They had as in many towns a large building that housed a fresh veg mkt/New/used clothes and some food stands. My mexican friend with me and I sat on a couple of stools and waited for service. The owner, a big guy about 250 lbs was wiping the counter and I says to him "tiene huevos" ? (do you have eggs). He leans over the counter to me and speaks in English "yes, I got Balls". It surprised me and my friend almost fell off the stool laughing so hard. Never know for sure, some have balls between their ears. Steve
Steve, while we are off topic here is another egg story: I once worked with an older gentleman who had been employed in the oil fields of Venezuela. He said that one morning one of his co-workers tried to tell the Spanish-speaking cook that he wanted his eggs poached. Apparently, there is no easy way to do that in Spanish. Finally, after several attempts to convey the message, my co-worker said he yelled over to the cook: "Fry them in water!" He said the cook immediately nodded and the man got his poached eggs.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Not allowed to do any kind of work so am a little bored. Question...during a war I printed my own money that had a fruity name, (not human but real fruit) " Who am I" ?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Hmmmmm....No answers. The currency was called BANANA money printed by Imperial Japan during the occupation of Singapore, Malaya,NorthBoreneo ans Sarawak and Brunei. It was named as such because of the motifs of banana trees on 10 dollar banknotes. The currency was referred to as "dollars" and "cents" like its predecessors, the Straits dollar and Malayan dollar. After the war the money became worthless but today some are considered collectable items. A NEW ONE;;;;; I moved to the US during the Great Depression, and as a teen was a fashion model, at 16 made the cover of Life magazine and later the cover of French Vogue magazine. I would later shoot a 22 caliber rifle which added to my reputation. " Who am I "?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:17 PM

594 posts, read 1,778,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Hmmmmm....No answers. The currency was called BANANA money printed by Imperial Japan during the occupation of Singapore, Malaya,NorthBoreneo ans Sarawak and Brunei. It was named as such because of the motifs of banana trees on 10 dollar banknotes. The currency was referred to as "dollars" and "cents" like its predecessors, the Straits dollar and Malayan dollar. After the war the money became worthless but today some are considered collectable items. A NEW ONE;;;;; I moved to the US during the Great Depression, and as a teen was a fashion model, at 16 made the cover of Life magazine and later the cover of French Vogue magazine. I would later shoot a 22 caliber rifle which added to my reputation. " Who am I "?
Would you be Elizabeth Taylor?

Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM

Not that good looking ...good try John. Hint...I paint a pretty good picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History