Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM

162 posts, read 229,535 times

Advertisements

Alexus is one confused fellow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 08:19 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
No, no, no... You misunderstand.

"Good point, Oliver" as in "Good point, Oliver Stone, you paranoid looney"
Ahhhhhh.

You know I never understood the logic in the first place of these conspiracy theories. Most of the conspiracy theories conflict with each other, for one thing. Almost all don't make sense, logically, from the conspiracist viewpoint.

The "Oswald was one of two or more shooters" theory - Why? Why have more than one shooter which doubles or triples the chance of detection with shooting in a public area? It doesn't increase the chance of a kill since it was such an easy shot, it just increases the risk of detection and screwing up an assasination attempt.

The "Russians/Cubans/Mafia/CIA/Johnson" (pick one) assasinated Kennedy. Why would they choose a risky public assasination attempt? That has never been the Russian's or CIA's style. They work more clandestine - poisons, etc. Kennedy was a horn-dog, that's a fact, everyone knew that. It would have been so easy to set him up with hot female assasin, equip her with a poison device, and let her do her thing.

Then the Cuban/Russian vs. CIA hit. Well the theorists gotta agree on one or the other. Certainly the Russians weren't working with the CIA. But here we have supposedly a mountain of evidence that says the Communicst whacked Kennedy, and a mountain of evidence saying the CIA whacked Kennedy. Wait a minute - there is just a little confict here.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:15 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Ahhhhhh.

You know I never understood the logic in the first place of these conspiracy theories. Most of the conspiracy theories conflict with each other, for one thing. Almost all don't make sense, logically, from the conspiracist viewpoint.

The "Oswald was one of two or more shooters" theory - Why? Why have more than one shooter which doubles or triples the chance of detection with shooting in a public area? It doesn't increase the chance of a kill since it was such an easy shot, it just increases the risk of detection and screwing up an assasination attempt.

The "Russians/Cubans/Mafia/CIA/Johnson" (pick one) assasinated Kennedy. Why would they choose a risky public assasination attempt? That has never been the Russian's or CIA's style. They work more clandestine - poisons, etc. Kennedy was a horn-dog, that's a fact, everyone knew that. It would have been so easy to set him up with hot female assasin, equip her with a poison device, and let her do her thing.

Then the Cuban/Russian vs. CIA hit. Well the theorists gotta agree on one or the other. Certainly the Russians weren't working with the CIA. But here we have supposedly a mountain of evidence that says the Communicst whacked Kennedy, and a mountain of evidence saying the CIA whacked Kennedy. Wait a minute - there is just a little confict here.
You can't argue against conspiracy theorists with logic. It doesn't work.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,910,758 times
Oswald was not the only shooter, and was likely set up as the patsy. The believers in the Warren Commission might enjoy watching "The Men who Killed Kennedy". I don't agree with everything on this documentary but there is clear evidence that Oswald did not act alone.

1. Clearly many people saw or heard shots coming from the grassy knoll. Video show people running to that area after the shooting.
2.The single bullet theory is just simply nonsense, especially considering that there is almost no damage to the bullet.
3. Zapruder's film clearly shows Kennedy's head being snapped back and to the left from the impact of the bullet, and Kennedy's brain clearly spraying out the back of his head.
4. Many other things, like the autopsy clearly indicate that there was an internal govt. cover up, probably from the FBI/CIA. The Mob was almost certainly involved since Bobby Kennedy was really putting the heat on them. Johnson may have had a hand in it, since he had the most to game and people have come forward in the past few years to testify to some of his evil deeds.
He who has ears, let him hear.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
behind major american events there is a lot of activity unreported. the reason we are seeing it now is not our high tech, the reason we question now is bek americans are much smarter than they were.
obama 08

Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,657 times
I will always believe there was a conspiracy.
When a head is hit by a bullit and snaps back, and tissue flies rearward from the stricken head, the shot had to have been from the front.
I have read many books about this. Most of them contradict each other. I was 16 years old at the time and not even knowing much about politics it seemed like America changed that day and something was lost that has never been regained. I was a big JFK fan.
According to some books quite a few people who had connections with people that were to be investigated by the Warren Commision mysteriously died before they could be interviewed.
I think someone did fire shots from the rear. There were rear entrance wounds in Kennedy and the governor. I don't think the bullit that went through JFK's back also went through Connaly's back, wrist, and into his thigh.
No one will ever convince me the fatal head shot didn't come from the front.
I think Oswald and Ruby both were involved in the plan. Oswald was a pawn and Ruby was expendable and it was his job to take out Oswald before things got rough and he talked.
I also think that the doctors who try to twist the facts of the fatal shot are also part of the conspiracy. To this day I still go on You Tube once in awhile and listen to JFK's speeches. It reminds me of a better time and having hope for the future. I haven't felt the same way since that day.
I certainly don't feel that way this election year.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,110,503 times
I decided to go about it scientifically. I collected and read all of the conspiracy theory books and developed a consensus theory based on them. The obvious conclusion is that JFK was killed by the combined firepower of every single person in Dealy Plaza that day, with the singular exception of Lee Oswald who was having lunch at the time.

I just wish that they would make public, that supressed film of LBJ standing up in his limo, firing an Uzi and screaming "Who's president now, Pretty Boy?"

Old 10-30-2008, 07:50 AM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,299 times
I believe in the conspiracy that many people did not like him and wanted him gone.
But I believe Oswald was the lone shooter on that day.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagylyn View Post
I believe in the conspiracy that many people did not like him and wanted him gone.
But I believe Oswald was the lone shooter on that day.

...Except for the unusually inconvenient fact that the exit wound in John Kennedy's head was at the back, and the Dallas Book Depository from which Oswald allegedly fired his shot happened to be behind the President's limo at the time he was shot. It was just plain physically impossible for Lee Harvey Oswald to have shot President Kennedy--and that's a bit of forensics that holds true whether you believe in conspiracies or not.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:51 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I decided to go about it scientifically. I collected and read all of the conspiracy theory books and developed a consensus theory based on them. The obvious conclusion is that JFK was killed by the combined firepower of every single person in Dealy Plaza that day, with the singular exception of Lee Oswald who was having lunch at the time.

I just wish that they would make public, that supressed film of LBJ standing up in his limo, firing an Uzi and screaming "Who's president now, Pretty Boy?"
Look here November 22, 1963 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42834 - broken link) to see how it really happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History