U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 AM

261 posts, read 616,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Wrong, and anthropology indicates otherwise, as Nordic mummies have been found on archaeological digs. Sorry, but what was depicted in that Michael Jackson video never happened.
I never heard of nordic mummies i carthage however it was unlikely they were native to the region as they would have got skin cancer and died quickly anyways. From april to october weather in the 100 degrees is slightly above average temps in most of north africa which is a giant desert. Unless there was a nordic occupation that you would like to enlighten me about, i believe you are wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And slaughtering tens of thousands of people in the process? Need I say more then Rodolfo Graziani. The pathetic Italian Army had to resort to poison gas, concentration camps, and turncoats to beat an almost medieval Ethiopian Army and the stone age Libyan freedom fighters. When faced with a real army like with the British/British Empire, Americans, Free Belgians, the Free French, and the other allied forces in WWII they ended up surrendering by the hundreds of thousands.

We (the US) are at least benevolent rulers, hence the reason why we still have our colonial empire unlike Italy.
Agreed, half of Italy itself did not have running water and electricity in 1920s anyways. This is why there are so many Italians in the USA and diaspora today. Italy did not do much to develop other countries. @ the other guy, Libyans had running water from the days of ancient rome wake up

Old 08-26-2009, 12:48 AM

3,264 posts, read 3,304,354 times
Jungeon your grasp & general lack of historical knowledge is truely appalling.
You said in another thread that you had not been taught European history well, it certainly shows.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:07 AM

Prove me wrong, Sicily was mad poor, thats why so many italians left.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 AM

11,736 posts, read 11,193,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
Italy did not do much to develop other countries.
LOL...go to your local library and get a few books on something called The Renaissance.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...-of-italy1.gif

Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 AM

11,736 posts, read 11,193,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Jungeon your grasp & general lack of historical knowledge is truely appalling.
You said in another thread that you had not been taught European history well, it certainly shows.
He's part of the whole deconstructionist movement, originally begun in the Frankfurt School. In its latest form, everything from the airplane to the cellular phone was invented by non-Europeans, though evil Europeans falsely claim credit for these things, as a result of "institutional racism" and "White Supremacy".

Old 08-26-2009, 06:46 AM

7,801 posts, read 8,980,158 times
Quote:
Agreed, half of Italy itself did not have running water and electricity in 1920s anyways. This is why there are so many Italians in the USA and diaspora today. Italy did not do much to develop other countries. @ the other guy, Libyans had running water from the days of ancient rome wake up
I actually had a music teacher in elementary school in the latter half of the 1990s who was of Italian descent and regularly traveled to Italy and she claimed that there were some rural parts of Italy that had only just received running water in the 1990s!

Is it true? I doubt it but I have no doubt that even here in the US we have some rugged parts without electricity and running water so it's possible.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 AM

47 posts, read 36,237 times
Quote:
Bolder dash, white people did not arrive into north africa until 600 bc when the romans, greeks, persians and celts and alike started their invasions and occupations. The original inhabitants are black african, since the 1000 year turkish occupation of north africa that ended when the french italian and english split up their empire around 1800s the population of libya is essentially of mixed race(white and black) however outside of coastal areas the majority of the population is black as they were not really colonised as turks/italians/romans etc only took over the major cities. there is also a huge illegal immigrant population of libya that is mostly black african as well. Of all of the north african states Libya is the most african as even the leader identifies himself more with africa than arabs and the middle east and they gennerally look more black than their arabic counterparts
-----------¬°Horreur!Von Daniken again, this time in Lybia!!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I actually had a music teacher in elementary school in the latter half of the 1990s who was of Italian descent and regularly traveled to Italy and she claimed that there were some rural parts of Italy that had only just received running water in the 1990s!

Is it true? I doubt it but I have no doubt that even here in the US we have some rugged parts without electricity and running water so it's possible.
----------Italy had running water when most of Europe did it behind bushes!!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I never heard of nordic mummies i carthage however it was unlikely they were native to the region as they would have got skin cancer and died quickly anyways. From april to october weather in the 100 degrees is slightly above average temps in most of north africa which is a giant desert. Unless there was a nordic occupation that you would like to enlighten me about, i believe you are wrong.
--------Nordic mummies in Carthage with skin cancer!!!Gosh....!!!I thought that Nazi history was a thing of the past!!!The myth of the XXth Century!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or