Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM

301 posts, read 1,371,725 times

Advertisements

[quote=j_k_k;10791552]

Quote:
I don't necessarily desire to rebut it
Just as I really doubt that you could!

Quote:
I also don't trust you to have quoted it contextually and honestly at this point.
Hold on there buddy! The studies are listed beneath each and every quote and are accessible through numerous website. If I wanted you to take them at face value I wouldn't have done such. Anyway a simple googlesearch of those quotes will do. Out them in direct quotation marks

Quote:
All we have is your word that you did that
As well as the name of the actual study that you could just a easily read through!

Quote:
and you have an agenda other than a straightforward search for truth. Your objectivity is arguably impaired.
Agenda?....which is to inform the misinformed!

Quote:
Maybe the thread isn't progressing because of something about the way you are presenting yourself.
It was going just fine before you started questioning my motivation for creating this thread!

Quote:
legitimate points made
Says YOU

This thread has been thrown completely off topic by you getting embarrassed on page one and making generalizations about everyone in line with my position.

Quote:
Maybe it's because people, seeing how you have treated me and others, simply aren't interested in having the discussion with you.
Straight to the point;

"Don't start nothin won't be nothin"

You came to this thread (2nd post) and doubted my ability to support my stance. You get embarrassed and make sweeping generalizations about people in line with my stance rather than refuting my evidence...2 pages later here we are.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM

[quote=Huckleberry3911948;10791469]

Quote:
are you trying to say that they were from the horn from south africa,
No the Horn of East Africa.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post
You came to this thread (2nd post) and doubted my ability to support my stance. You get embarrassed and make sweeping generalizations about people in line with my stance rather than refuting my evidence...2 pages later here we are.
Now you lie. You were the one who said you could provide evidence. I took you up on it; that wasn't doubt. It simply invited you to do what you bragged you could do. Then I sat back and watched how you handled the discussion, thinking there might be a realistic chance you would write something worth learning from. I was mistaken, but I didn't expect the kind of meltdown that came forth.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM

[quote=j_k_k;10792481]

Quote:
It simply invited you to do what you bragged you could do.
Understood

Quote:
Then I sat back and watched how you handled the discussion, thinking there might be a realistic chance you would write something worth learning from.
I brought my information and certain people opted to remain ignorant and make ignorant statements in light of such scientific evidence while providing none of their own. So I called them out on their ignorance.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM

284 posts, read 542,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Connecting the Olmecs to the kingdoms of central africa is a bit of a stretch. Likewise, it's unlikely the Ancient Egyptians made it across the Atlantic. They were NOT a stong seafaring people unlike the other civilizations of the Mediterranean, despite the extensive trade networks that existed during the time, and most routes hugged the coast and involved "port hopping"; stopping at a new port each night. If anyone during that time and place tried it and had a chance to make it to the Americas it would have been the Phonecians, not the Egyptians.

I think there was a much greater chance the Polynesians made it to the Americas in ancient times. Also, the Chinese could had made it a couple hundred years before Columbus. And of course the Vikings beat Columbus here too.

AFRICAN PRESENCE IN MEXICO GROUP TOUR - "BEGINNING WITH THE OLMEC" (http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/tour2009.html - broken link)

Old 09-17-2009, 05:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
What is with the Olmec-African connection? There is really no substantiated evidence for it. I have some Mayan friends and aquaintances that look like the Olmec heads and they are definitely not African.

I think it is just another attempt to say that Mesoamericans are not capable of developing their own civilization and needed Africans to sail over and do it for them.

ABQConvict

Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
[quote=Louisvilleslugger;10791785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post

No the Horn of East Africa.
ok i looked at the map i see it borders the mideast there were dark and light skinned people in egypt we have lots of artifacts showing this.
but they were not a black race.
nor are their decendants.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,348 times
Huckle

One third of their heritage was black, another third was Mediterranean and another third was Berberisc. I'm talking about the Old Empire, later Egypt became Hellenistic and Roman.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM

284 posts, read 542,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
What is with the Olmec-African connection? There is really no substantiated evidence for it. I have some Mayan friends and aquaintances that look like the Olmec heads and they are definitely not African.

I think it is just another attempt to say that Mesoamericans are not capable of developing their own civilization and needed Africans to sail over and do it for them.

ABQConvict
To say that there is "no substantiated evidence for it" is not a correct statement. It has become almost universally accepted amongst historians and anthroplogists that Columbus was the last in a long line of explorers to reach the Americas. There is evidence that the Vikings, the Chinese, The Pheonicians, Polynesians, and yes: even Africans reached the Americas before Columbus.

On Columbus' second journey he landed in Hati. There is an entry in his dairy about negroid looking traders of "gold-tipped spears" present on the island. The seafarers of the kingdom of Timbuktu in Africa of that time were known to carry spears of the type that Colubus described. The currents off the coast of northwest Africa are quite strong. The distance between Africa and South America is less than the width of the widest part of South America. There have been experiments done that prove that a raft or simple boat could easily be carried along the currents from Africa to South America in a short enough time for a group of people to survive the journey while carrying small amounts of food and water. It has been suggested that a lost crew of African fisherman could have drifted across the Atlantic 2,000 years before Columbus' voyage. Columbus visited the Cape Verde Islands before his voyage in 1492. Perhaps he was made aware of the existence of a land across the Atlantic.

There is evidence available that supports the claim of a pre-Columbian African contact with the Americas. How substantial it is continues to be debated. There was a time, not too long ago, that if someone suggested that Columbus was not the first to "discover" America, that person would be derided as a radical "revisioner" of history. Eurocentrism, close-mindeness, and bigotry have already done enough to stifle advancements in historical study; and when someone makes an ignorant statement like: "I have Mayan friends that don't look African" it adds nothing substantial to an interesting and exciting debate about a historical controversy.

RaceandHistory.com - BLACK CIVILIZATIONS OF ANCIENT AMERICA

Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM

[quote=Huckleberry3911948;10808932][quote=Louisvilleslugger;10791785]
Quote:
ok i looked at the map i see it borders the mideast
What are you referring to Egypt or the Horn of Africa. I'm going to assume that you're referring to Egypt. Ys the sinai Penn. does link Africa to Asia in that respect, but nation known as Egypt is within the African landmass period.

Quote:
there were dark and light skinned people in egypt
No one denies diversity in Egypt especially during it's later dynasties. Egypt eventually became a melting pot and was the first civilization in the world to be one. However that does not erase the fact that Scientific, genetic, cultural, linguistic, and archaelological evidence indicates Egyptian origin to more Southernly African location (refer to page one).

Quote:
but they were not a black race.
Define black and examine the evidence on page one (or bring in your own) and state why you believe that they weren't of apart of the "black race" (even though such racial categories have been denounced by most modern scientist)

Quote:
nor are their decendants.
Their descendants have been heavily mixed with numerous non African invasians...Persians, Arabs, Greeks ECT.. All during the later dynasties. This happened primarily in Egypt's urban areas. Even today in rural Southern Egypt their are still black Egyptians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History