Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times

Advertisements

?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,590 times
What's going on tonight, is it full moon?!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
According to Rose on "Golden Girls," he and Eva Braun apparently taught school in St. Olaf, MN.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
This is only speculation, but there is a rumor about a lost Three Stooges short where the Stooges get shot down over Germany on an allied boming run late in the war. They hide in a bunker and during the hilarity Moe disguises himself as Hitler as they try to escape. But the nazis have a plan to have Hitler escape on a submarine. The real Hitler shows up, Moe and Hitler get mistaken for for the other and Larry and Curley and the real Hitler leave on the submarine. Eventually making it to the allies and rescue, while Moe still disguised as Hitler gets left behind. Moe is forced to maintain the ruse and goes to Berlin. Moe is naturally upset and angry and slaps his nazi generals around. A nazi general asks another nazi general if he thinks the Feuhrer is acting more dumb than usual and the other general says "Shhhh, do you want to get shot for treason?"
Back in the United States the Stooges are rehearsing their act and a belligerent Hitler screams in german and berates Moe and Curley, slapping them. Curley whispers to Larry: " Is it my imagination or is Moe acting dumber than usual?" and Larry says " Shhhh, I know but don't let him hear you say that."

The question is WHAT IF this really happened?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 AM

694 posts, read 1,233,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This is only speculation, but there is a rumor about a lost Three Stooges short where the Stooges get shot down over Germany on an allied boming run late in the war. They hide in a bunker and during the hilarity Moe disguises himself as Hitler as they try to escape. But the nazis have a plan to have Hitler escape on a submarine. The real Hitler shows up, Moe and Hitler get mistaken for for the other and Larry and Curley and the real Hitler leave on the submarine. Eventually making it to the allies and rescue, while Moe still disguised as Hitler gets left behind. Moe is forced to maintain the ruse and goes to Berlin. Moe is naturally upset and angry and slaps his nazi generals around. A nazi general asks another nazi general if he thinks the Feuhrer is acting more dumb than usual and the other general says "Shhhh, do you want to get shot for treason?"
Back in the United States the Stooges are rehearsing their act and a belligerent Hitler screams in german and berates Moe and Curley, slapping them. Curley whispers to Larry: " Is it my imagination or is Moe acting dumber than usual?" and Larry says " Shhhh, I know but don't let him hear you say that."

The question is WHAT IF this really happened?
for imaginative & amusing scenario and original point illustration.
What are the chances now that the history channel will run a special on this possibility?

Last edited by learningCA; 02-25-2010 at 06:05 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 08:23 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
I heard some think group is holding JFK's brain, alive in some tank, as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I heard some think group is holding JFK's brain, alive in some tank, as well.

I thought That was Micheal Jacksons brain?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,214,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
No identifiable body generates speculation, it's quite normal.
However, that Hitler made many enemies would be the understatement of that century.
So unless he finished his existence in a fox hole, Hitler surviving 1945 doesn't seem plausable to me.
Pretty much sums it up for me. Found it kind of interesting that Russia kept the whole thing so close to the vest though. And Stalin believed Hitler escaped, and we all know HE wasn't deluded.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Seriously, this was a popular theory when I was a kid - 60s and 70s stuff. He was living in Brazil, he was cyrogenically frozen, etc. I think there were a few very bad horror movies made about it.

When the soviet union collapsed and Russia "opened up the books" that were hidden behind the iron curtain I think conclusive evidence was received that the Russians recovered his remains and did some testing. On top of that their were maybe a half a dozen or more German witnesses that survived the war that actually saw Hitler dead.

I have to review Beevor's "Fall of Berlin" again. It went into detail on Hitler's death and the Soviet verification (Stalin was obsessed with Hitler) process that he obtained from the soviet archives opened up after fall of communism. As I remember it was pretty conclusive that Hitler died in Berlin (as if anyone really doubts otherwise). If Stalin thought Hitler had lived, there would have been no where in the world that Hitler would have not been found, he would have had his agents combing the world - assumed name in Brazil, hiding in a cave in Africa, doesn't matter, they would have found him.

Last edited by Dd714; 02-25-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
It made for great conspiracy theories, but JKK and Dd174 are both correct. I also saw some documentary that Stalin was having imposters walk around Berlin to keep the Allies guessing- a technique repeated by Saddam Hussein decades later.

Had he lived and Stalin had not found him, the Mossad would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History