Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM

897 posts, read 1,682,374 times

Advertisements

I think it would have been havoc for Europe for a good while. However,I think the Mongols would have absorbed European Culture like they did Middle Eastern culture and fit in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:59 AM

2,745 posts, read 6,441,922 times
Um, they did defeat Poland. And Hungary. And the Czechs. They reached as far west as Vienna. They turned back for internal reasons - the Great Khan died and Batu, the leader of the invasion force, wanted to return to take part in the election of the new Khan.

The Mongols did not have an interest in ruling Europe, though, as it was simply too far away from their land. They did not even directly rule the Russian principalities, preferring instead to collect tribute and occasionally raid for plunder and slaves. Had they decided to do that, it would obviously be very detrimental to the development of eastern and central Europe.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,333,500 times
We might all be speaking Hungarian?

Beszel maygarol?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,020,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
Um, they did defeat Poland.
I had a very Polish grandmother who looked very Asian. You could put her next to some Chinese women and their bone structure, facial features and coloring were so similar that one would swear they were closely related. I once asked my father about this. He had a two word answer: "Genghis Khan".

Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,777,749 times
Yeah I thought they made it all the way to Austria and part of what is now Germany.
What would have happened if the Mongols did not conquor China, the Middle East, and much of India? Well we all have independent cultures and religions in these regions of the world, no?
Later generations of Mongol rulers got assimilated into the cultures they ruled over, not the other way around.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:40 PM

815 posts, read 1,539,812 times
Again it. "Mongols" were not Asians. Roman empire has been won. Because Rome took slaves and extended Christianity.
The other information on page the photo of a monument to Khan Batu who is in Turkey in the city of Syogjut is placed. Here your khan Baty http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Batu_Han.JPG/280px-Batu_Han.JPG (broken link)

Mongol Invasion of Europe
Genghis Khan, according to scientists : is prince Yaroslav. The second name - Chingis with a prefix "khan" that meant "military leader" was simple at it. Batu - his son Alexander (Neva). It is possible to find such phrase In manuscripts: «Alexander Jaroslavich Nevsky by a nickname of Batyj». By the way, under the description of contemporaries, Batu was: a fair hair, a light beard and light eyes! It turns out, it Orda the khan has broken crusaders on Chudsky lake .
Consider a variant. "Mongols" are not present. Crusaders win wars. Consequences of a victory of crusaders.
Still interestingly. Slavs are "Mongols". We know: Moslems were at war against Christians. Muslims have nicknamed Yaroslav: "Mogol" - The Great. Still. A word: "Mogol" In Russian language sounds: Powerful. Not the Asian word.
You are mistaken. Mongols have won. Yes. Have stopped crusaders in Euro-Asian region.

Last edited by eloy; 05-09-2010 at 04:50 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,441,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
Again it. "Mongols" were not Asians. Roman empire has been won. Because Rome took slaves and extended Christianity.
The other information on page the photo of a monument to Khan Batu who is in Turkey in the city of Syogjut is placed. Here your khan Baty http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Batu_Han.JPG/280px-Batu_Han.JPG (broken link)

Mongol Invasion of Europe
Genghis Khan, according to scientists : is prince Yaroslav. The second name - Chingis with a prefix "khan" that meant "military leader" was simple at it. Batu - his son Alexander (Neva). It is possible to find such phrase In manuscripts: «Alexander Jaroslavich Nevsky by a nickname of Batyj». By the way, under the description of contemporaries, Batu was: a fair hair, a light beard and light eyes! It turns out, it Orda the khan has broken crusaders on Chudsky lake .
Consider a variant. "Mongols" are not present. Crusaders win wars. Consequences of a victory of crusaders.
Still interestingly. Slavs are "Mongols". We know: Moslems were at war against Christians. Muslims have nicknamed Yaroslav: "Mogol" - The Great. Still. A word: "Mogol" In Russian language sounds: Powerful. Not the Asian word.
You are mistaken. Mongols have won. Yes. Have stopped crusaders in Euro-Asian region.
I've read quite a few crazy things about the Mongols, some written by Gumilev among them, but this is the first time I've heard anything like this.

I challenge you to link me to any credible historian that will claim that the Mongols were white, let alone Russian.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
I've read quite a few crazy things about the Mongols, some written by Gumilev among them, but this is the first time I've heard anything like this.

I challenge you to link me to any credible historian that will claim that the Mongols were white, let alone Russian.
I have historians and sources. In any churches will not find a mention of newcomers. Answer . You know who has written history about "Mongols"??

Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 AM

14,984 posts, read 23,777,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
I had a tough time understanding your post (I assume english is a second language?). What exactly is your conclusion of the origin of Mongols?

The phrase "mongol" has been distorted through history remember, taken away from it's original intention - that is, one from Mongolia.

As time went on Mongol's indeed became a generic term for slav's or those from the steppes, or even simply Russians. Also their was a kingdom in India of Moguls that lasted until the 1800s, basically descendants of the Mongol empire that had become "naturalized" indians.

Genghis Kahn from my readings was described as actually having red hair. But these were nomadic tribes, such contact with the west to the urals and down to the cacause mountains would be natural. They probably indeed did originate from the Steppes, but have no doubt Ghengis lived in the area around what is now Mongolia before his empire building adventures.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Will suffice. Bolsheviks have thought up "Mongolia" both have entered Cyrillics and took какието events. Now speak : "to Construct the nation". Bolsheviks were engaged in it.
To take Kazakhstan. Northern Kazakhstan (Astana) Is one of the Cossack territories. And army construction was Cossack : "Tma".
Still an example. China.
At you : China.
At us : Kitai. In those days it meant "It Tai" and area Tailand. In those days China did not exist. Was Tailand.

Last edited by eloy; 05-10-2010 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History