Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

One of the things, to me at least, that can have a big impact on quaily of life is having friends that enjoy the same activities as you do. One of the reasons I feel Miami has gone downhill in the past 5 years or so is that my friends who enjoy the same things I do have moved away and I've been unable to find people to replace them.
I thought this thread might be a place where we could list hobbies and things we like and maybe find some people who are interested in the same things. I'll start off. One of the games I like is a collectable card game called "Magic: the Gathering". magicthegathering.com Anyone here play it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 AM

136 posts, read 481,557 times
I don't, rogerbacon; never heard of it. I myself am into the usual things: arts, cultural events, movies, dining out.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Hello all,

One of the things, to me at least, that can have a big impact on quaily of life is having friends that enjoy the same activities as you do. One of the reasons I feel Miami has gone downhill in the past 5 years or so is that my friends who enjoy the same things I do have moved away and I've been unable to find people to replace them.
I thought this thread might be a place where we could list hobbies and things we like and maybe find some people who are interested in the same things. I'll start off. One of the games I like is a collectable card game called "Magic: the Gathering". magicthegathering.com Anyone here play it?
When I lived in Minneapolis, my roommate at the time, his friend, and his friend's girlfriend used to play Magic a lot. They tried on numerous occasions to get me into it, but I just didn't care for it. My half brother is also into it (or used to be anyway). I never really enjoyed it, and the cards can be expensive.

My current hobbies are playing Xbox 360 (though I just got the red ring o' death), playing the stock market, and endlessly surfing the web.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post

My current hobbies are playing Xbox 360 (though I just got the red ring o' death), playing the stock market, and endlessly surfing the web.
*off topic, but we will go right back on topic*
Hey, do you think the regular Xbox 360 system is ever going to have HDMI? The elite is a freaking ripoff! I would like to take advantage of my 1080p set.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Forget video games, I like to bowl and work on cars. Neither of which is very prevalent in south Florida anymore.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Forget video games, I like to bowl and work on cars. Neither of which is very prevalent in south Florida anymore.
Aw come on. We still have some nice bowling allies up here! I'm personally just into hanging out by the beach, working out (no, Im not ripped (yet) LOL!), etc.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Hey, do you think the regular Xbox 360 system is ever going to have HDMI? The elite is a freaking ripoff! I would like to take advantage of my 1080p set.
No idea, but I don't really keep up on that, I use the composite video into my 4:3 rear projection set! I'm keeping it real, 2001 style. My buddy has HDMI from his PS3 into his 1080p LCD and it looks great, but I just can't justify spending all that money on a tv. Maybe if this one croaks.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I used to love working on my car, but my gut keeps me from sliding under the car anymore! Bowling can be fun as long as you have a group.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
No idea, but I don't really keep up on that, I use the composite video into my 4:3 rear projection set! I'm keeping it real, 2001 style. My buddy has HDMI from his PS3 into his 1080p LCD and it looks great, but I just can't justify spending all that money on a tv. Maybe if this one croaks.
We need an electronics forum!

I got a Samsung DLP set, and saved, oh, about say 1000 dollars from getting a 40 inch LCD, and gained 10 inches in screen size. I mainly go the set so I could get full 1080i from cable, which personally looks amazing compared to 720p anyway. Still, i'd generally rather being hanging out by Hollywood Beach than watching TV.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post

It will never have it, you'll have to pony up the cash for an Elite. However, HDMI is not really that much of an improvement... many people say they can't even tell the difference. It's basically just another way for them to get some more money off you. But I'm happy to say that I finally got my broken Xbox 360 back in the mail from Microsoft today. I've never had a game system break so fast....

What games do you guys play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation