Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 10:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times

Advertisements

Quite fun

http://www.123zaidimai.lt/flash/mesk...inimas_828.swf

Would be nicer if you could move it around as if it was an actual crayon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 07:24 PM

564 posts, read 1,042,704 times
Just came across your thread while actually looking for something about coloring! Who out there colors? It's amazing how it's become so popular for adults. I hadn't realized it was so popular till having a part-time job over the Christmas holidays. Where I worked they had several coloring books for adults. So, I ended up buying a coloring book at a dollar store some months back, and then a few people gave me additional books.

Back when I was growing up, coloring was for kids. My mom and I used to color together at Christmastime because there were lots of coloring books out then. But now, the offerings are unlimited for adults, both in books and also online. I don't know about you, but I find coloring really relaxing. It's also fun to have an outlet for creativity, deciding upon what color pencils or markers to use, texturing the drawings too by mixing the use of pencils and markers, etc.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:30 AM

Like I said in the other thread on colouring,I LOVE TO COLOR!!!!!!!! (Trouble is all i can find are crappy ELMO books which I do not want!!)

Old 05-29-2016, 05:59 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,713 times
Dude111.

Look at the selection at Micheals craft stores. Dozens of adult colouring books there.

BTW, I knew you were a Canuck by your spelling of "colouring ". Grin.

Jim B.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:23 AM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I have a couple of nice coloring books and so many different pens and pencils. I create my own art and it is a certain doodly style. Frankly the coloring in part is not my favorite, the creative part is.

That kind of spoils it for using coloring books but I bought an adult coloring book recently because I really liked it.

Since I have purchased so many high end artist pens and pencils, I know what is good and I would only use good quality supplies.

Recently I bought these pencils on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/72-color-Raff...ywords=raffine

They are really high quality for the price. A good set of that size is over 100 dollars and I like these better then most. Some of that is personal preference but this is a very good deal.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I have a couple of nice coloring books and so many different pens and pencils. I create my own art and it is a certain doodly style. Frankly the coloring in part is not my favorite, the creative part is.

That kind of spoils it for using coloring books but I bought an adult coloring book recently because I really liked it.

Since I have purchased so many high end artist pens and pencils, I know what is good and I would only use good quality supplies.

Recently I bought these pencils on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/72-color-Raff...ywords=raffine

They are really high quality for the price. A good set of that size is over 100 dollars and I like these better then most. Some of that is personal preference but this is a very good deal.
Be sure to post back how well you like using them. I've been using Prismacolor pencils, some Staedtler Noris Colour pencils and some generic gel pins I found on Amazon. I love the Prismacolor pencils for their vivid color.

I began coloring last year, and I pick it up again from time to time. I love putting on the color in layers, adding other colors to add a little depth. I am not an artist, but I do love color. So far my favorite book for coloring is a title by Jane Monk who does all sorts of doodle type art. These are my absolute favorite things to color so far.

The Prismacolor pencils are quite expensive. I used a Michaels coupon to buy a set and I've been adding single colors a few at a time. I found a good source for single colors that I don't have at Utrecht Art:

Art Supplies at Utrecht

This site has other brands of coloring materials too. And there are some things to be found on Amazon. I actually enjoy using the gel pens I bought.

Please share some more about what you are doing. I think it would be fun to talk about this. I find coloring to be enjoyable.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:07 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Sorry but the whole thing just seems weird behavior for an adult. What next play Barbie and GI Joe's?

Old 08-20-2016, 12:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Sorry but the whole thing just seems weird behavior for an adult. What next play Barbie and GI Joe's?
Why even respond if you don't like the idea? I didn't respond to threads about stuff I don't do.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz
Dont place everyone ON THE SAME LEVEL PLEASE.....Alot of like to do alot of things THEY THINK only certain people should do!!

Old 08-21-2016, 12:22 PM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
Prismacolors are very popular, and everbody raves about them. I have a set, but they are not my favorite. I personally find them to be too soft. That is because I like to draw and I want a vibrant pencil that behaves like a pencil, so I prefer something a little harder.

I have Faber Castell Polychromos. They are good quality and are the best I could find for my preferences but they are expensive. $193.50 for a set of 120. That is a bit steep for most people.

The Raffine pencils that I mentioned earlier are quite satisfactory for what I like in a pencil. They cost $18.18 for 72 colors and I like them a lot. They are quality.

If you want something similar to Prismacolor at a good price then the Blick Studio Artist Pencils are good. They are the Blick brand and a set of 72 is on sale for $49.43, but then you have to pay shipping usually. They are a pretty good imitation of the Prismacolor. I have owned them but I think I gave them away.

When I was looking for the perfect pencil for me, I went to a good art store and tried out all the samples to find what best suited my needs.

Whatever you do, using high quality supplies makes all the difference. I pointed out the Raffine because they are high quality at a low quality price.

Coloring is a really good activity because it is meditative. It is relaxing and creative and as you focus on your coloring, you think about other things and it clears your mind. It is like driving. Some of your best thinking gets done in that state.

@Mr. Froglipz..I think trolling is a weird behavior for an adult.

Last edited by Veronicka; 08-21-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation