Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

When my wife and I finished school in 1972, we sold/gave away everything we owned, moved into our 1966 VW van, and set out to explore the country.

After about four years on the road, we gave the van to a friend in Kansas, took only what we could carry in backpacks made out of plastic waste baskets with straps riveted on, and hitchhiked back to California where we rented a little store front in San Francisco for $115 a month and built an "efficiency apartment" in there.

Then my wife got pregnant.

Having kids was the craziest thing we ever did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 05:58 PM

34 posts, read 102,994 times
Back in the late 70's I jumped out of a van doing about 40 mph.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
We were amidst a grand amount of naked women.....It was great....

When the Philadelphia Flyers won the Stanley Cup in 1975 my wife and I were in downtown Philly eating at a nice restaurant. We just finished eating then walked outside and low and behold there were many topless women riding in their cars and the law enforcement were just not enough to control the mass of people walking around or standing on the roof of their cars/trucks either naked or topless. ....I looked around thinking I was in heaven then suddenly but my wife said let's go so I walked to the car making sure I didn't miss a thing or two. hahahaha

We pulled out of our parking space and about 3 blocks away a running naked girl who ran into the right fender of our car.... Klunk! ! ! She flipped from the fender to the hood and windshield of my car. She kinda passed out on the hood of my car as if she were a hood ornament... I really thought I was in heaven.... Too bad it happened so fast....

Another gurl who was walking on the pavement and I gently lifted her off my hood. After she was safe and out of harms way I told my wife I am really sick so we better pull over and she said "Steve keep on moving....

Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 PM

409 posts, read 2,633,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
We were amidst a grand amount of naked women.....It was great....

When the Philadelphia Flyers won the Stanley Cup in 1975 my wife and I were in downtown Philly eating at a nice restaurant. We just finished eating then walked outside and low and behold there were many topless women riding in their cars and the law enforcement were just not enough to control the mass of people walking around or standing on the roof of their cars/trucks either naked or topless. ....I looked around thinking I was in heaven then suddenly but my wife said let's go so I walked to the car making sure I didn't miss a thing or two. hahahaha

We pulled out of our parking space and about 3 blocks away a running naked girl who ran into the right fender of our car.... Klunk! ! ! She flipped from the fender to the hood and windshield of my car. She kinda passed out on the hood of my car as if she were a hood ornament... I really thought I was in heaven.... Too bad it happened so fast....

Another gurl who was walking on the pavement and I gently lifted her off my hood. After she was safe and out of harms way I told my wife I am really sick so we better pull over and she said "Steve keep on moving....

LOL, NICE.

I've had many of those experiences. Really.

South Padre Island, Spring Break 2000 - Almost no law enforcement for "flashing" or public nudity

South Padre Island, Spring Break 2001/2002 - More Cops but still alot naked women

South Padre Island, Spring Break 2003 - Many Cops, Many Under Cover Cops, Many Arrests

South Padre Island, Spring Break 2004/Now -

Anyway, You would have loved it had you been in South Padre Island in Spring Break 2000 to 2002.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Woo I cannot list them. Ah the men I have loved(euphemism), the insects I have eaten, the "medicines" I have taken...

Old 08-18-2009, 12:45 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
Dancing on top of a bar (back when I lived in Phoenix), about 2003 at a bar there that used to be called The Fuel Bar & Grill. Now it's a different name now that I can't remember right now.

But they let me dance on top of the bar and dance in the Go-Go cage too. Too me, that's the craziest thing that I know of. But to some of you out there, this may not be so crazy.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post

...they let me dance on top of the bar and dance in the Go-Go cage..
I danced in a cage once, but when I sobered up enough to post bail, they let me out.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I danced in a cage once, but when I sobered up enough to post bail, they let me out.

Lol! No, this was like a dancing stage, in the bar, when they would have Go-Go dancers for Friday and Saturday nights at that particular bar I mentioned. It was a Thursday and karaoke night and they let me dance in it and dance on top of the bar too.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 PM

409 posts, read 2,633,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Dancing on top of a bar (back when I lived in Phoenix), about 2003 at a bar there that used to be called The Fuel Bar & Grill. Now it's a different name now that I can't remember right now.

But they let me dance on top of the bar and dance in the Go-Go cage too. Too me, that's the craziest thing that I know of. But to some of you out there, this may not be so crazy.
NICE!!! I did that in a Club called Paladium over in Acapulco. Lotsa fun!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Default Hitting a gravel mound at night

I was past my parent's curfew, I had used their car to see a friend who lived in the country and I was in a real hurry to go home.

The short-cut road I usually took home was closed. I debated. Perhaps they just hadn't paved it yet and I could see the gravel on the road ahead of me. No big deal, I thought, I had driven on gravel before. So, looking ahead, I speeded up to 60-65 and then BAM! I did brake the last second, but hit the gravel mound head on! Gravel flew everywhere!

It was an optical illusion. That gravel mound was so high, it appeared to be a gravel road to me. It was in a rural farm area. I thought I could just could merely go to the next farm and call my parents. No way, as the dogs would chase after me at every farm.

I must have walked 3-4 miles before I finally found a farm house without a dog chasing after me.

As you would guess, they never allowed me to drive their car again.

Last edited by tijlover; 08-20-2009 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: change wording
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation