Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 AM

519 posts, read 1,047,818 times

Advertisements

I am making one now - with the help of youtube and the local charity shop which sold me the fabric for $12.

It's going pretty well... have you ever done this or thought about it?

I decided to make one because I am decorating a bedroom and I could not find a rug that I liked or matched our colour scheme...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,287,812 times
I have!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,539,717 times
I haven't... although I have a kit for it.

Kate

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 09-25-2009 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: wrong quote: deleted it

Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,742,406 times
I have and it's a lot of work. First you must tear the fabric....I use the tear method to assure the material is equal in width all the way down the strip. Then I sew the individual strips together...then I roll it in a ball. When I go to make the braid, each piece used in the braid must be folded from both sides towards the middle (I have a little cone like tool which does this, then I take three folded pieces and braid it and then after braiding I start to make my rug. Each braid must be sewn every 1 inch apart with carpet thread. Whew!!! It makes my hands hurt so badly!!! I say go buy a big braided rug unless you really have some time on your hands or if you really want to do this to satisfy a craving. I'd make a few small rugs as it takes a long time to make a fair sized rug. You are braver than I am....or younger maybe. LOL

Old 05-07-2012, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 540 times
Default Reply

Hello, Braided rugs are really a nice choice. I will personally prefer green braided rugs as they will look eco friendly. I have used them a lot. Here is some info about green braided rugs.
[url=http://www.rugsandblinds.com/green-braided-area-rugs-go-green-and-get-aesthetic-look.aspx]Green Braided Area Rugs - Go Green and Get Aesthetic Look[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation