Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM

660 posts, read 1,652,368 times

Advertisements

Following the on-ice celebration the other night when the Hawks won the Cup, Adam Burish was interviewed by NBC.

An excerpt from a Deadspin article:

Chicago may have ended their ridiculous Stanley Cup drought on Philly's home ice, but apparently that's no reason to be magnanimous. Celebration or no celebration, there's always time to remind people that Chris Pronger is a bit of a jerk. Sure, Adam Burish could have been gracious when a reporter brought up Pronger during this post-game interview. He could have said he was a tough competitor or even an annoying little rascal. Or if he couldn't say something nice, he might have deflected to talk about what the moment means for his city and teammates. Or, you know, the opposite of that ...

Quote:
"I think Chris Pronger is the biggest idiot in the league," Burish said. "I can't stand him one bit. I hope I never have to see him again. If I see him, I'll punch him."

You can see the video and full article here:

Adam Burish Takes High Road, Offers To Punch Chris Pronger One More Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 11:50 AM

947 posts, read 2,422,220 times
We all want a piece of him. Pronger is an idiot. Why be gracious about that? When you have no skills, you have to play dirty.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:56 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Following the on-ice celebration the other night when the Hawks won the Cup, Adam Burish was interviewed by NBC.

An excerpt from a Deadspin article:

Chicago may have ended their ridiculous Stanley Cup drought on Philly's home ice, but apparently that's no reason to be magnanimous. Celebration or no celebration, there's always time to remind people that Chris Pronger is a bit of a jerk. Sure, Adam Burish could have been gracious when a reporter brought up Pronger during this post-game interview. He could have said he was a tough competitor or even an annoying little rascal. Or if he couldn't say something nice, he might have deflected to talk about what the moment means for his city and teammates. Or, you know, the opposite of that ...

You can see the video and full article here:

He had plenty of time to punch Pronger during the series but somehow never got around to it ? Funny how he name calls and offers to punch Pronger when Pronger is no where in sight ......what a coward.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,484,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
He had plenty of time to punch Pronger during the series but somehow never got around to it ? Funny how he name calls and offers to punch Pronger when Pronger is no where in sight ......what a coward.
Or maybe he realized how stupid it would be to fight during a Stanley Cup final?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,070,760 times
I would find it acceptable to call Pronger a lot of things, Jill, but unskilled isn't one of them. The guy isn't near the top for defensemen in assists every year by accident.
As for the subject at hand, they should make part II of the winter classic these two teams. It's a shame the Vet ain't standing anymore.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM

660 posts, read 1,652,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post

LOL....that's what happens when you don't READ things.

Did you just happen to notice it says:

Sounds to me as if he did punch Pronger already. And I hardly would say he's a coward because he WILL see Pronger again....let's just see if PRONGER will man-up and do something about it.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
And I hardly would say he's a coward
Fine....you can be second in line behind Burish.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:15 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
The Hockey News: Headlines: Flyers GM Holmgren knows changes necessary to keep team Stanley Cup contenders

—Let's leave the last word of the season to Chris Pronger.

Chicago's Adam Burish, a healthy scratch for the last three games of the finals, took a shot at Pronger in a TV interview after Game 6. He called Pronger "the biggest idiot in the league."

Pronger asked, "Did he play?" and said he didn't comment on players who want five minutes of fame.

When Pronger was told that Burish said he wanted to punch him next time they saw each other, Pronger cracked: "Where's that? In the minors?"

Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
When Pronger was told that Burish said he wanted to punch him next time they saw each other, Pronger cracked: "Where's that? In the minors?"

Now thats funny !!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Pronger asked, "Did he play?"
Hee. Dimples and a caustic wit. I think I'm in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey