Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times

Advertisements

Much needed win for 'Canes @ Washington.

Skinner for ROY.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Calder Couture

Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Much needed win for 'Canes @ Washington.
We thank you for that.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 AM

Big game tonight for the sharks .... securing 2 points will put them ahead of detroit for the #2 position with equal games played ...... it will also put dallas on the absolute brink with a 3 point deficit and 6 games remaining .... they'll be hungry, ott will be extra dirty, should be a fun one

Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Big game tonight for the sharks .... securing 2 points will put them ahead of detroit for the #2 position with equal games played ...... it will also put dallas on the absolute brink with a 3 point deficit and 6 games remaining .... they'll be hungry, ott will be extra dirty, should be a fun one
Last night's 6-0 win (52 SOG) may have been the Sharks most complete performance of the season. They are really looking good, but they've been that way since mid-January. I believe they are now 24-4-4 in their last 32 games.

Niemi continues to play well, I have much more confidence in him going into the playoffs than I ever did with Nabby, though I'd like to see him get a little rest. Marleau is hot, and you know how he can score goals in bunches. Jumbo now has 997 career points.

It's been a great last couple months. Lets just hope they can carry it over into the post season.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Yeah - it's been a great turnaround ... as noted last night in the game on 1/14 they were last in the pacific at 10 points behind Dallas ..... now they are leading the division and 12 up on dallas

very nice performance - marleau had a ton of jump last night - that powerplay in the 3rd was the best i've seen it look in a long time (even if they didn't net one on that exchange)

I realy can't put much into the regular season anymore .... i've seen this team do about everything that can be done in a regular season, win all the awards, etc and it hasn't translated yet ..... this isn't the first time they've finished the season on fire

what I like is the style they've been playing with for the past couple months ... they've been out there just grinding teams, playing a playoff style and getting contributions across all lines

demers has been really solid this year, couture is such a smart two way player and adds the potential to score and with pavelski being on a different line that gives the team some options ..... it's not a top heavy approach anymore and you need contributions down the lines to win in the playoffs ..... i have a sneaky feeling that wellwood will make show up in a big spot this year

this is probably the best i've felt about the sharks going into the playoffs in a while - but still a little hesitant to see if they can keep it going .... there isn't an easy matchup in the west

Old 04-04-2011, 12:54 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Buffalo squeeked a win against the Canes Basically nearly ended Carolina's season

Old 04-05-2011, 08:00 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yeah - it's been a great turnaround ... as noted last night in the game on 1/14 they were last in the pacific at 10 points behind Dallas ..... now they are leading the division and 12 up on dallas

very nice performance - marleau had a ton of jump last night - that powerplay in the 3rd was the best i've seen it look in a long time (even if they didn't net one on that exchange)

I realy can't put much into the regular season anymore .... i've seen this team do about everything that can be done in a regular season, win all the awards, etc and it hasn't translated yet ..... this isn't the first time they've finished the season on fire

what I like is the style they've been playing with for the past couple months ... they've been out there just grinding teams, playing a playoff style and getting contributions across all lines

demers has been really solid this year, couture is such a smart two way player and adds the potential to score and with pavelski being on a different line that gives the team some options ..... it's not a top heavy approach anymore and you need contributions down the lines to win in the playoffs ..... i have a sneaky feeling that wellwood will make show up in a big spot this year

this is probably the best i've felt about the sharks going into the playoffs in a while - but still a little hesitant to see if they can keep it going .... there isn't an easy matchup in the west
I also feel better than I have the last few years about the Sharks chances going into the playoffs. They seem to have a toughness or maybe character that has been missing in the past. I couldn't watch the game last night against the Kings but I did listen to it on the web. It sounded like another game where the Sharks dominated.... impressive even if the Kings were missing 2 of their best players.

I'm really looking forward to the playoffs.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM

Good to know I wasn't hallucinating .... I couldn't find the game on TV last night and when I checked the score screen on directv they didn't have this one listed .... but I knew they had a back & back with LA/Anaheim and that the ducks were on Wed (anticipated after the last matchup) and that the kings had the coyotes today

looks like I missed some offense and some more of crankshaft getting a little involved .... i expect the ducks to try and catch him cheap somehow tonight

Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 AM

well ..... that was ugly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey