Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 PM

317 posts, read 535,799 times

Advertisements

i dont like it when the cameras go to an awful zoom shot just to follow a particular player and then they miss a good play away out of lens. its not really the camera guys fault that the producers want it that way. they do a good job though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
i dont like it when the cameras go to an awful zoom shot just to follow a particular player and then they miss a good play away out of lens. its not really the camera guys fault that the producers want it that way.
100% agree. i hate that as well.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:06 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
i dont like it when the cameras go to an awful zoom shot just to follow a particular player and then they miss a good play away out of lens. its not really the camera guys fault that the producers want it that way. they do a good job though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
100% agree. i hate that as well.
Same here. Worse is when you all of a sudden hear a ROAR of noise coming from the crowd and you don't have a CLUE as to what it is about.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:53 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I've talked about hockey with other non-hockey sports fan and they tend to complain about not liking to watch it on tv. I.e. so they don't get pulled into hockey.
As a beginning hockey fan I have to say its been pretty much impossible for me to learn the sport by watching on tv, something I'm not sure would be as true about the other major three sports. And its not convenient for me to go to games. So I'm sort of a loser/poser fan. I love and support the game even though I don't really know it that well. I love it because pond (regular figure) skating was an important part of my youth in Michigan. It was the social thing to do in winter. The hockey pond was one over and we used walk over on our skates to go watch for a little bit but mostly just because of the boy/girl thing. I think it requires the most concentration, skill and physical ability. I love its roots. But I wish I understood and could follow the game more.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,461 times
Why? It is just perfect! Its pacing is much better than the stop-start tendencies of most US sports...

Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 AM

317 posts, read 535,799 times
^^ agreed

Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,390 times
Hockey is awesome. I am from Indianapolis and I wish the local media gave it more love than watching cars go in circles for 200 laps. Also, the NHL is much better since the lockout because a)the hard salary cap has leveled the playing field big time b)the game is more wide open. as a blackhawks fan, they are so fun to watch the very few times i ever see them on tv. Honestly, I got into hockey after playing the NHL 96-97 video games on SEGA genesis when i was a teen. The local Indianapolis media acts like its a "rogue" sport and not as cool as watching cars chase each other and take pit stops every 30 laps. but of course there is a lot of tradition at the Indy Motor Speedway, i'll grant them that.

Bob

Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 AM

602 posts, read 2,034,086 times
My only problem with watching hockey TV is the national broadcasts don't show my Sabres nearly enough and I'm too poor to pony up for Center Ice.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
My only problem with watching hockey TV is the national broadcasts don't show my Sabres nearly enough and I'm too poor to pony up for Center Ice.
Same here. The only time we can see the Sabres is when we are playing the Flyers or the OMG Penguins on a sunday. Especially NBC ***** kissers

Old 05-22-2009, 04:26 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Same here. The only time we can see the Sabres is when we are playing the Flyers or the OMG Penguins on a sunday. Especially NBC ***** kissers
At least you have the luxury of seeing them on MSG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey