Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4satnleycups View Post
Isles need a big time SNIPER!!
All we need is a big scorer who is unhappy with his team. Every year in the league there are a few.How about going after Iginla? Biron and a pick or two.We got to offer something instead of trying to build up picks for the next 30 years.We are not going to go anywhere without a solid scorer. On our current team we don't have a solid one. Are we allergic to 40+ goal scorers.It seems like we avoid them like the plague!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 AM

68 posts, read 243,440 times
Quote:
Are we allergic to 40+ goal scorers.It seems like we avoid them like the plague!
I'm not sure, maybe we just trade them away when we have them. I think the Isles are afraid of big time superstars that stir the pot a bit, or maybe most superstars would not even think of coming to the Island...

Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure, maybe we just trade them away when we have them. I think the Isles are afraid of big time superstars that stir the pot a bit, or maybe most superstars would not even think of coming to the Island...
Well we're not a draw like the Rangers and our building is old. Also we are NOT willing to spend like the Rangers will and most free agents want a team that is willing to go the extra mile.This is why we get guys on the verge of retirement or outcasts trying to rebuild their reputations.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:40 AM

That is Five straight with the loss to Florida and sinking fast, now is not a better time to make a deal, honestly if DP had not been signed to such a ridiculous contract I would be shopping him around, we did Luongo and others, why not DP? I believe the low self esteem the Isles suffer is tremendous, they need to commit to bringing in NHL proven players, not players on their way out or who need their reputation fixed. It is time for Snow and Wang (nice guys by the way) to get their act straight and make us forget M. Milbury and all his crappy moves. Come on front office for God's sake do something!!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
That is Five straight with the loss to Florida and sinking fast, now is not a better time to make a deal, honestly if DP had not been signed to such a ridiculous contract I would be shopping him around, we did Luongo and others, why not DP? I believe the low self esteem the Isles suffer is tremendous, they need to commit to bringing in NHL proven players, not players on their way out or who need their reputation fixed. It is time for Snow and Wang (nice guys by the way) to get their act straight and make us forget M. Milbury and all his crappy moves. Come on front office for God's sake do something!!
The problem is that we are treated like the scrubs of the league and Wang and Garth are hoping by signing a guy on the verge of retirement is that they will have 1 or 2 big years before they go.The problem is that if they were going to continue playing that well,then their old teams wouldn't have let them go.Also Luongo was solid and cheap so we lost him, because DP is in such a horrible contract we will never be able to get rid of him.He will be with us till the end of this 15 year deal.Remember, we trade away good pieces and always get stuck with sh-t.I wish for once at the trade deadline that we would just go after ALL OFFENSE!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 AM

It is easy to say at this stage of the season unless the Isles make a miraculous turn around, they are finished. Six in a row my just put the final nail on the coffin and our chances of making the playoffs.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:03 AM

Today, the isles must begin their turn around against the 'Canes, they must win, one game at a time...

Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 PM

We suck! Hasn't ownership figured it out. If you're letting up 2-3 goals a game it means your defense and goalies aren't bad.When your offense is scoring 1-2 a game it means you nead OFFENSE!!! How about opening the checkbook already like the Rangers do and not just get guys that take shots,but get guys that make those shots count!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Is it safe to say the Isles season is over? This really sucks!!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 AM

Wow we won one and Biron was in net.I guess we had to prove to the league that the guy can still play because offers have been weak. I guess we are doing are same old thing and making it look good before we drop out of playoff contention.Boy we need a good streak now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey