Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 PM

11,154 posts, read 29,166,040 times

Advertisements

Roberto Luongo made 17 saves, Henrik Sedin scored his 14th goal of the season and the Vancouver Canucks won their second consecutive Presidents' Trophy following a 3-0 victory against the Edmonton Oilers.

Devan Dubnyk made 39 saves for the Oilers, who finished 29th in the league this season.

Canucks will face either the San Jose Sharks or the Los Angeles Kings in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

source: Canucks win Presidents' Trophy after blanking Oilers

This year I hope we win the Cup to win it all..SO Go! Canucks Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 AM

30 posts, read 129,981 times
So proud of this team, hopefully we can win 1 more playoff game this year.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 AM

771 posts, read 1,453,467 times
I've also been a Canucks fan for a while...since my dad took me to my first hockey game in the 90's. A game against the Blues, which the Canucks won 3-1 @ at the Pacific Colisseum.

Last year was a heart breaker, but winning that series against the Sharks is by far one of my fondest hockey memories. Winning the Western Conference was just such an incredible feeling.

I'm definitely hoping this year they can win that one extra game. So close yet so far!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,872,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianw2 View Post
So proud of this team, hopefully we can win 1 more playoff game this year.
I think winning just one game might be asking for too much from this motley bunch.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 AM

Hah, not exactly a good first 3 games. I still have some hope but we certainly ran into LA at the worst time of year possible (some of Vancouver's worst and LA's best hockey right now). The shot totals are in our favour but that's about the only thing we have going.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,776,502 times
Vancouver will never win a cup with their current goalie situation. Until they get a guy that can actually handle the playoffs, which Luongo cannot, they will just be a top team in the regular season and nothing in the playoffs.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,803,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Vancouver will never win a cup with their current goalie situation. Until they get a guy that can actually handle the playoffs, which Luongo cannot, they will just be a top team in the regular season and nothing in the playoffs.
My kid has repeated this a few times (think Dos Equis commercial)..always makes me laugh, but it's true:

"I don't always play like crap, but when I do...I choose the playoffs"

-Roberto Luongo

Old 04-18-2012, 02:42 AM

Luongo was great in the 2 games he played this series. Last year he also played some of his best hockey in the playoffs (as seen in many of the Canucks wins but primarily the 3 against Boston) and some of his worst (as seen in games 4+5 against Chicago and any loss to Boston).

I absolutely agree he's not a reliable playoff goalie but if you're saying that based on this LA series I disagree.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianw2 View Post
Luongo was great in the 2 games he played this series. Last year he also played some of his best hockey in the playoffs (as seen in many of the Canucks wins but primarily the 3 against Boston) and some of his worst (as seen in games 4+5 against Chicago and any loss to Boston).

I absolutely agree he's not a reliable playoff goalie but if you're saying that based on this LA series I disagree.
well no more lou in net well it looks like it more and more since we have Cory Schneider for 3 years for $12 million

Cory Schneider #35 Compilation [HD] - YouTube

Now we just need to get Shea Weber since he is from b.C. and Vancouver is on his short list of teama he would like a long term 8-10 year deeal but we would be doing a Sidney Crosby deal but with 8 years we could pay him a large sum at the back end of his contract pretty much use all the loopholes to get around the Cap.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
I've also been a Canucks fan for a while...since my dad took me to my first hockey game in the 90's. A game against the Blues, which the Canucks won 3-1 @ at the Pacific Colisseum.

Last year was a heart breaker, but winning that series against the Sharks is by far one of my fondest hockey memories. Winning the Western Conference was just such an incredible feeling.

I'm definitely hoping this year they can win that one extra game. So close yet so far!
I went with my Dad at the payers entrace and and got kirk Mclean and Cliff Ronning walked in and talked to fans and to signed a puck Old school log during the 93-94 playoff Run we missed Trevor Linden but still Remeber Bure pulling up in his brand new black porsche 911 had 20 security guards and never signed one autograph but it was about the same time bure was holding out for more money since it was when we were playing Calgary in the playoffs.

I mean at the time I was 12 and went to a few games in thePacific Colisseum now the home of the Vancouver Giants and the Dog show at the PNE.

The Best part of the 2010-2011 playoff Run was Burrows winning it in Game 7 of sudden death double OT against Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey