U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 PM
 
451 posts, read 612,968 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

I have no idea how people actually watch the NBA. Its almost like wrestling.

The NBA is full of prima donna's.

Why the NBA Sucks - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com


Most people that dont like hockey cant play it. We know its a lot of work for you to be able to skate, shoot and stickhandle all at once. Its alright. You wouldnt wanna get a puck in the face anyway. Stick to leg cramps like Lebron.


Hockey players are the most well-rounded and respectful athletes in sports.

The NBA is like Nickelback's popularity. I just dont get it.

All I can say is people are ****ing boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,419 posts, read 20,008,921 times
Reputation: 7291
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS085 View Post
I have no idea how people actually watch the NBA. Its almost like wrestling.

The NBA is full of prima donna's.

Why the NBA Sucks - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com


Most people that dont like hockey cant play it. We know its a lot of work for you to be able to skate, shoot and stickhandle all at once. Its alright. You wouldnt wanna get a puck in the face anyway. Stick to leg cramps like Lebron.


Hockey players are the most well-rounded and respectful athletes in sports.

The NBA is like Nickelback's popularity. I just dont get it.

All I can say is people are ****ing boring.
Ok.... look, I respect hockey and I respect hockey fans probably more than most others.... but it's sh*t like this that makes people look like whiny homers and turns others off from them.

Hockey's a great sport and basketball's a great sport.

They're BOTH great sports. Now can you all just leave it at that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
13,797 posts, read 21,096,620 times
Reputation: 8527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok.... look, I respect hockey and I respect hockey fans probably more than most others.... but it's sh*t like this that makes people look like whiny homers and turns others off from them.

Hockey's a great sport and basketball's a great sport.

They're BOTH great sports. Now can you all just leave it at that?
Nope!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
33,853 posts, read 62,837,062 times
Reputation: 56523
Well, nobody's watching the NBA playoffs right now, whether they're hockey fans or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,419 posts, read 20,008,921 times
Reputation: 7291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, nobody's watching the NBA playoffs right now, whether they're hockey fans or not.
And thanks to the Miami Heat, we may be saying the same thing next year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Denver
600 posts, read 929,649 times
Reputation: 692
Personally, I like NHL better than NBA. But I'm from the UK, soccer is my absolute favourite sport, so it stands to reason I would prefer to watch hockey.

Having said that, I'm a Celtics fan, and I'll catch a game if I happen to see one on, and I'll follow them during the playoffs if they're in them.

But I'm more likely to watch the NHL playoffs than NBA playoffs even if my team isn't playing. (My NHL team is Tampa Bay Lightning.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2018, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Manila
1,144 posts, read 1,672,131 times
Reputation: 755
The main reason why I STOPPED watching the NBA a while back was because it's so DAMN PREDICTABLE! You can pinpoint the two teams who will appear in the Finals at the start of the season just by looking at their lineup and be 90% correct about your prediction! If it weren't so predictable I would still be somewhat inclined to watch it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2018, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
11,261 posts, read 8,063,642 times
Reputation: 14283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
The main reason why I STOPPED watching the NBA a while back was because it's so DAMN PREDICTABLE! You can pinpoint the two teams who will appear in the Finals at the start of the season just by looking at their lineup and be 90% correct about your prediction! If it weren't so predictable I would still be somewhat inclined to watch it!
The fact that a lone player can be the entire team (see Lebron, Kobe, Curry) makes it somewhat of a snooze fest. Even more so now that forming super teams has become the new thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Bellmawr, New Jersey
272 posts, read 132,211 times
Reputation: 223
They both overlap so, during a commercial etc it is better than nothing. Teh worst is when the season is over and the only sport on TV is baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2018, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
11,261 posts, read 8,063,642 times
Reputation: 14283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muevelos View Post
They both overlap so, during a commercial etc it is better than nothing. Teh worst is when the season is over and the only sport on TV is baseball.
Baseball just has way too many games.
It gets exciting during the playoffs, but otherwise, it's just not all that interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top