Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 08:05 AM

3,815 posts, read 6,409,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I guess my view on it is it just doesnt really matter at this point in the season. If things don't start lining up a couple weeks before the playoffs, it doesn't matter at all.

As long as we get in the playoffs then all bets are off - 8 seeds can win it all in the NHL.
And how many teams have won the Cup as an 8 seed? One? The LA Kings in 2012? I'd contend being an 8 seed puts a team at a severe playoff disadvantage, as it should. That's why you jostle for position in the standings now.

Sorry, your "doesn't really matter" take doesn't hold water (or ice) with me. Sure, a team that has under-performed during the regular season can ride a hot streak a long way into the postseason. That's been proven.......but to say it doesn't matter how a team plays at this juncture really makes no sense. You do realize that with the current points system the Wild could easily miss the playoffs if this type of inconsistency continues? As of today they're 7th in the western conference with 4 teams right on their butts. They're actually one losing streak away from being a bottom 4 team.

IMO, this squad are simply not a good enough to be able to coast and then turn it on come playoff time. They don't have the scorers, the defense and especially the goaltending to make a Cup run from a low seed. they would need a LOT of help from other teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,053,286 times
Anyone see Kirill Kaprizov last night? Hat trick.

He's impressed me more than Greenway. Playing with Datsyuk helps, but still.

Man he would be nice in a Wild jersey.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:46 AM

I am underwhelmed by Jordan Greenway in the Olympics. He's a big guy with b-lls, but outside of that he kind of just reminds me of another Charlie Coyle.

Though his physicality would be welcomed on a (in my opinion) far too long long too soft Wild organization.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,582,734 times
Quote:
I am underwhelmed by Jordan Greenway in the Olympics. He's a big guy with b-lls, but outside of that he kind of just reminds me of another Charlie Coyle.

Though his physicality would be welcomed on a (in my opinion) far too long long too soft Wild organization.
Yeah he is slightly more skilled Chris Stewart. Kaprizov is where it's at.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:42 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,984,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Yeah he is slightly more skilled Chris Stewart. Kaprizov is where it's at.
Last I heard, his KHL contract is until 2020 iirc. I guess we'll have to wait till then to see him in a Wild jersey! But hopefully the wait is worth it!

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...eing-khl-star/

Old 02-24-2018, 10:04 AM

3,815 posts, read 6,409,133 times
Well well well........finally starting to play up to their capabilities on the road. 4 in a row away from the X, including a tri state sweep! Nice job.

Lotta guys beginning to appear on the right side of the plus/minus. Dumba is plus 11 with 10 goals. I was a big critic of his, and although he still has defensive lapses occasionally, he has stepped up his game tremendously in both zones.

Staal continues to amaze. I think he can score 40 goals this year. They would be absolutely dead in the water without his offense. He has carried a big share of the load.

The 3rd and 4th lines have also been skating well and contributed heavily to this road streak.

Suter, Coyle, Parise and Niederreiter need to turn it up a notch now that the team is finally gelling. That bunch gets hot and this team goes to the next level at just the right time of year.

Dubnyk and Stalock are both pushing 92% save pct. now. The numbers are headed in the right direction if they intend to make a deep playoff run.

Gotta have Brodin back also. Minutes gobbler and a team best plus 19 on the blue line. Gotta have him.

Right now they have my attention on the heels of this last roadie, but remember - they actually have a 2 game losing streak at the X to break now also. I want them to smack the Sharks and Blues around this week at the X to show they are now a force to be reckoned with come Cup time.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:44 AM

Good comeback win last night against hot goalie

Old 02-28-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Keeth, you're beginning to come across as a blind homer. Can you read the standings? St. Louis is ultra competitive under Yeo. Ok, they haven't won a Cup and their fans are understandably frustrated.....but they're worlds better than the Wild are in almost EVERY aspect of the game. It also appears that Doug Armstrong is a better judge of talent than Chuck Fletcher is. I'd swap just about anyone on the Wild's roster for just about anyone on theirs. Stastny, Bouwmeester, Schwartz, Berglund, Tarasenko, Schenn........I'll take 'em all over most of these ham & eggers Minnesota runs out there.

Catch those highlights of Haula lighting it up for Vegas last night while the Wild imploded upon themselves in the 3rd period again?

Nice job, Chuck!
I had to go back to this. 7...straight...losses.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:07 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,911,130 times
Quote:
I had to go back to this. 7...straight...losses.
...only took 3 months

Old 02-28-2018, 11:10 AM

Honestly it was some of the worst NHL pro hockey played by the Blues last night at times than I had seen in a while. Missed passes, bad passes, missed checks...an on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey