Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times

Advertisements

I am starting a thread for Red Wings discussion. Please start a thread for your favorite team. The team threads over in the football section are great sources for news, commentary and, at times, good ol' fashioned trash talk. It would be great to see the same here on the hockey forum. A few teams have threads already and I thought I'd contribute with a thread for my favorite NHL team.

On to business.

It's not looking good. The armor has been cracked. It's not time to hit the panic button but something is not right. After a record breaking season the Wings slumped a bit last season and the spiral continues. On the flip side, this could not have happened at a better time. The lockout has already tainted this season and I would rather the flaws be exposed for all to see in a shortened season than a regular season.

Over on SB Nation there is chatter of the Red Wings making a play for Subban. It's all speculation but I wonder if it will be an option.

Should the Red Wings give PK Subban an Offer Sheet? - Winging It In Motown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM

Tootoo on fighting: "That's part of my DNA..."

Bringing some old school hockey back to Motown.

Detroit Red Wings F Jordin Tootoo says fighting ‘part of my DNA’ - The Macomb Daily

Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
I think they had a bad start, but they do seem to be getting better. I have hope they will still be a contender.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I think they had a bad start, but they do seem to be getting better. I have hope they will still be a contender.
Honestly, I think they'll finish in the bottom half of the top 8 in their conference. Probably 5th or 6th. As far as a playoff run, anything can happen. Most of the onus will fall on Jimmy Howard. He will need to remain hot throughout the playoffs. Additionally the Wings will need to keep scoring. Jimmy didn't do terribly bad last season, but there was hardly any offense to support him. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Brunner, and Franzen need to be the game changers in the playoffs this year. I'm really excited about Brunner.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM

Me too. I would like to see Franzen and Fillipula score some more, and not only them, but Helm and Abby too. So far this season, the third and fourth lines haven't scored much. Howard looks good so far.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM

Three straight wins! Let's hope they keep it up.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Three straight wins! Let's hope they keep it up.
Yeah, quite a bit of a turn around from the first couple weeks. They are looking a lot more poised out there.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM

I shouldn't have mentioned the three game streak.

Man, I'm getting tired of watching the Griffins in Red. I want to see our players get well.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I shouldn't have mentioned the three game streak.

Man, I'm getting tired of watching the Griffins in Red. I want to see our players get well.
Perhaps this is that painful transition phase we have been long awaiting. For years, the fans have said that the Wings need to get younger. They finally are, but obviously there will be a learning curve as the younger players develop. Look at it this way, at least they are getting some valuable experience now. In a couple years or so, these guys will be the core of our team. Datsyuk and Zetterberg probably only have 4-5 more years left in them, as they are already in their early to mid-30s. In a few years, this will be Brunner's, Nyquist's, and Smith's team.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM

I'm happy we're going through this during the lockout tainted season as opposed to next year. The aging is catching up but the team will get over it and return to glory. Season has been lackluster thus far and still on pace for playoffs. Keeping that streak alive is good enough for me at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey