Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Grunt...unngnggg *drool*

Yep..us hockey fans is nutting but knuckledraggers...

LOL!

Funny thing is, I know I've read somewhere that hockey fans are either the best educated or highest earning, on average, of the fan bases of the big four American professional sports. Has somebody else read this? I know I'm not imagining it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 12:52 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
I read it too YoAdrian, it's a reason why season-ticket prices are expensive. Hockey fans are also the most fluent in knowledge of the game than other fans. This means we know more about hockey than most football fans know about football, apparently.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 PM

12 posts, read 25,554 times
Balsillie even acknowledged he thinks Quebec would make a fertile market for the league if it ever returned.

“Obviously, Quebec should get its team back,” Balsillie said.

The Hockey News: Headlines: Balsillie: Canada should have another NHL team

Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Quebec, Winipeg or Hamilton.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Comish View Post
Balsillie even acknowledged he thinks Quebec would make a fertile market for the league if it ever returned.

“Obviously, Quebec should get its team back,” Balsillie said.

The Hockey News: Headlines: Balsillie: Canada should have another NHL team

And he's relevant how???? He's burned all his bridges with the Board of Governors with the way he tried to strongarm them into letting him move the Preds before he'd even been approved to buy them! There's no way he ever gets a team now nor will his endorsement of a city mean squat to the league.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
And he's relevant how???? He's burned all his bridges with the Board of Governors with the way he tried to strongarm them into letting him move the Preds before he'd even been approved to buy them! There's no way he ever gets a team now nor will his endorsement of a city mean squat to the league.
Just the thought of RIM building an Arena and having projects for an NHL franchise may trigger some form of "competition" in town, or even a race as to WHO may built a new arena first an have their logo shown everywhere...

People don't want to get involved till someone else shows interest!

As they say, "Bring it and they will come..."

Old 05-19-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Comish View Post
Just the thought of RIM building an Arena and having projects for an NHL franchise may trigger some form of "competition" in town, or even a race as to WHO may built a new arena first an have their logo shown everywhere...

People don't want to get involved till someone else shows interest!

As they say, "Bring it and they will come..."

Doh...of course that was suppose to be "Build it and they will come"...lol

Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I read it too YoAdrian, it's a reason why season-ticket prices are expensive. Hockey fans are also the most fluent in knowledge of the game than other fans. This means we know more about hockey than most football fans know about football, apparently.
I also hear that we are the most passionate fans of our sport than the fans of other sports. We love and embrace hockey more than say, a baseball fan does about baseball.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I also hear that we are the most passionate fans of our sport than the fans of other sports. We love and embrace hockey more than say, a baseball fan does about baseball.
I believe it but Football fans arent far behind. Pro basketball has little passionaite fans. Hockey fans are awesome!
Congrats on 1,000 posts

Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 PM

422 posts, read 758,901 times
The sunbelt expansions of the 1990's were ill advised. The next hockey team should be in a traditional Northern hockey town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey